• 251 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »
Is this the last season? I just dont see how it can be wrapped up this season.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2017, 07:53:06 pm »
Is this the last season? I just dont see how it can be wrapped up this season.
No, it is the penultimate season.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2017, 07:59:04 pm »
Thanks Redeagl! I disnt see at all how it would be possible. So, we're gonna get some Ice & Fire. Danerys and Jon will be the heroes, but i see and predict that Danerys will die. And, I so hope Jon learns of his true parents. Maybe not in the books, but i hope Bran tells him all of it.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2017, 10:14:20 am »
Though, really, MSJ, there's only... uh, four episodes left in this season - including this upcoming Sunday's which already leaked in Lo-Res - and then six total in season eight.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2017, 05:34:23 am »
Watched again. It was good to see the final 15 minute in 720p.Also, was that Bronn who saved Jaime? He was eyeing the white horse when Drogon burned the scorpion.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2017, 07:38:32 am »
Great episode. The best one in seasons for me, and just for the final battle.

I was praying for Bronn to kill the Targaryen bitch but was a good end anyway.

On the other hand, Bran expressionless face seems to me fucking dûnyain.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2017, 11:01:25 am »
I need to echo my comments from last week. GOT is becoming more conventional every episode. That's my feeling after watching the Stark reuniting, one sibling more special than the other. A family of chosen ones?

The paradox for me is that I quit reading the books as it felt like going nowhere, and here I am lamenting the return of conventionality and predictability. I enjoyed the feeling of danger, that no one is safe, that feeling is receding.

TV VFX sure has gone a long way, the Dragon lighting up the L-army. Still, for me the Battle of the Bastards was more powerful. Magic and superpowers, they are difficult ingredients to get right.
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:47 am »
At least something finally happened.

More obvious set up though.  Arya most probably will kill the Night King with that dagger.

Also, anyone know WTF Bran said to Littlefinger right after he handed him the dagger?  It sounded like English but damned if my wife or I could make heads or tails of it...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2017, 11:35:27 am »

More obvious set up though.  Arya most probably will kill the Night King with that dagger.

Also, anyone know WTF Bran said to Littlefinger right after he handed him the dagger?  It sounded like English but damned if my wife or I could make heads or tails of it...

"Chaos is a ladder..."
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2017, 12:12:56 pm »
"Chaos is a ladder..."

Shit, ok, I thought he said "ladder" but the more I heard it, it started sounding like "larder" to me and then I was way off track as to what the first word would be.

Thanks, scene makes a lot more sense now.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2017, 06:47:26 pm »
TV VFX sure has gone a long way, the Dragon lighting up the L-army. Still, for me the Battle of the Bastards was more powerful. Magic and superpowers, they are difficult ingredients to get right.

The battle choreography and cinematography has been pretty damn terrible this season.

"Chaos is a ladder..."

Yeah, I fucking loved that. Whipped that shit-eating grin right off Littlefinger's face.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2017, 07:06:02 pm »
That was alright. I laughed at Olena talking about Widow's Wail.

Wish i could have read about Jon and Dany meeting instead of watching it on some HBO adaption but there you go.
I feel reasonably certain that Jon and dany will not be meeting until after dany subdued the sothron kingdoms. The show bringing them together, and bringing dany together with all the other power players she met with was a time compression mechanism to allow them to advance multiple storylines at once (by having people together) rather than going the A-B-C-D The books will assuredly take. So the show launches the southern invasion together simultaneously with protracted negotiations with the north, Martin will almost assuredly take half a book to get dany to dragon stone and declare herself, half a book to negotiate with dorne, half a book to launch an invasion of casterly rock and lose high garden, half a book to lose all naval power, all without getting to the Lannister field of fire nor even opening cordial lines of communication between dany and the north.

All of this after Martin spends a book and a half on the irrelevant blackfyre side plot with (f)Aegon.

Right now, I figure these first four episodes have adapted about two books of major plot developments, which is why there is so much teleportation travel going on, because they have to wrap things up within a specific storytelling constraint, and if teleporting travel is necessary to move through the story, I'll take it. As I recall, aragorns army teleported to the gates of morder as return of the king the film was drawing near the end, and this was a fine adaptation solution.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2017, 07:41:57 pm »
Fucking true and I am almost sure that George will never finish the books.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2017, 12:53:39 pm »
I feel reasonably certain that Jon and dany will not be meeting until after dany subdued the sothron kingdoms. The show bringing them together, and bringing dany together with all the other power players she met with was a time compression mechanism to allow them to advance multiple storylines at once (by having people together) rather than going the A-B-C-D The books will assuredly take. So the show launches the southern invasion together simultaneously with protracted negotiations with the north, Martin will almost assuredly take half a book to get dany to dragon stone and declare herself, half a book to negotiate with dorne, half a book to launch an invasion of casterly rock and lose high garden, half a book to lose all naval power, all without getting to the Lannister field of fire nor even opening cordial lines of communication between dany and the north.

+1

This. Indeed.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2017, 02:18:14 pm »
Fucking true and I am almost sure that George will never finish the books.

Yeah, that's my feeling too.  The series really teaches you some valuable life lessons like don't expect too much, don't get emotionally invested in people not emotionally invested in you, don't figure something will be great just because it started so, have more patience than you know what to do with, and don't think you are entitled to anything.  That applies to the narrative and the actual books themselves.