Breach of jnan

• 3 Replies

Parsh

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: August 08, 2016, 02:31:35 am »
I didn't see this intro forum, and like a savage I just started right in posting and measuring tongues or whatever it is we're doing around here.

I did mention in another thread that I got here by way of the podcast, which I found by way of the Facebook page, which I found by way of the Grimdark FB page, which I found by way of the Grimdark Magazine... Which I found because I heard about Scott's "The Knife of Many Hands" story. So I guess it all comes back around.

I recall where but not when I discovered TDTCB: it was a Border's bookstore outside Pittsburgh. I and some of my fellow teacher friends had gotten away from kids and campus to spend a quiet afternoon. I happened to pick up TDTCB and after sitting there reading the prologue, I was totally hooked. Had to buy it and read it. It had to be sometime between 2004-2006, I guess.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 02:52:44 pm »
I didn't see this intro forum, and like a savage I just started right in posting and measuring tongues or whatever it is we're doing around here.

Or whatever it is ;).

Again, welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Parsh. I'm glad you found a path to us.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »
Awesome journey to the forum. Love to see our various outlets and forays in media have lead new people here. Welcome!
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 05:10:27 pm »

I did mention in another thread that I got here by way of the podcast, which I found by way of the Facebook page, which I found by way of the Grimdark FB page, which I found by way of the Grimdark Magazine... Which I found because I heard about Scott's "The Knife of Many Hands" story. So I guess it all comes back around.

I recall where but not when I discovered TDTCB: it was a Border's bookstore outside Pittsburgh. I and some of my fellow teacher friends had gotten away from kids and campus to spend a quiet afternoon. I happened to pick up TDTCB and after sitting there reading the prologue, I was totally hooked. Had to buy it and read it. It had to be sometime between 2004-2006, I guess.

HI PARSH!  WELCOME FELLOW TEACHER!