• 64 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2016, 01:33:00 am »
Well, I doubt she died bearing him, as the rape is dated to 820, and she lived till 825.
Right, see, you'd think that, but it says

Omindalea conceives by the union and dies bearing Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera

Maybe the nonman children take longer to grow...

Also, welcome to the forum.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2016, 04:20:01 pm »
Well, I doubt she died bearing him, as the rape is dated to 820, and she lived till 825.
Right, see, you'd think that, but it says

Omindalea conceives by the union and dies bearing Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera

Maybe the nonman children take longer to grow...

Also, welcome to the forum.

No, the problem isn't us, it's the entry.

820 - The Rape of Omindalea. Jiricet, a Nonman
Siqû to the God-King Nincarû-Telesser II
(787-828), rapes Omindalea (808-825), first
daughter of Sanna-Neorjë (772-858) of the
house of Anasûrimbor in 824, and then flees
to Ishterebinth.

The entry is dated 820, but it says it occurred in 824.  My guess is 824 is correct, since it was never published, it was probably never proof-read and corrected.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2016, 04:28:50 pm »
Speculation on non-cannon material is always a bit dicey. Thanks for pointing that out H.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »
Speculation on non-cannon material is always a bit dicey. Thanks for pointing that out H.

Us right now.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2016, 02:37:22 am »
In Chapter 22 theres a cut to two guards, Rash and Wrigga, talking about one of their first sightings of Kellhus' and Serwe's child. these two were setup to tell Cnaiir that the babys name was Moenghus, as soon as Cnaiir leaves, the two men look at each other
"then just to be certain. they resumed their fabricated conversation. As theyd been instructed."

Who set this up? Kellhus? To start the wheel rolling on Cnaiirs betrayal?  Thats a odd way to inform Cnaiir that his son was born and named Moenghus. Natural word of mouth would of spread that info.

"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 11:25:03 am »
I felt like it was Kellhus.  Sure, word of mouth would have taken it to him also, but not on Kellhus' terms and schedule.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 03:46:29 pm »
Yeah, definitely feels like a Dunyain sort of move to keep Cnaiur focused on the goal.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 05:11:49 pm »

Us right now.
lmao. yes.

I felt like it was Kellhus.  Sure, word of mouth would have taken it to him also, but not on Kellhus' terms and schedule.
agreed

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »
Maybe it was just an issue of time. They needed him to go along with the Circumfixion so instead of letting Word of Mouth work it's course (or worse, the name getting messed up along the way), he sent them to speak it aloud where Cnaiur might be.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2016, 08:07:36 am »
Well Kellhus is dunyain they don't just let stuff play out(unless they know how it plays out), they dominate circumstances , Cnaiur needed to forget Moenghus face so he could sell out Kellhus, so Kellhus would be taken and then he needed him to see serwe get killed (his substitute for his substitute of Moe) to remind him of his hate that he forgot.

nicodante

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2016, 12:50:19 pm »
I've just finished TWP reread - one thing I picked up on that i hadn't noticed before was the possibility that Proyas actively betrayed/sold out Akka to the scarlet spires - though I'm not sure it's confirmed outright anywhere...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2016, 02:33:38 pm »
Finished TWP. What a great book.

Didn't catch that Cnaiur expected them to kill Esmi rather than Serwe. He wouldn't have otherwise saved Kellhus had it gone the other way.
His monologue also points out that Kellhus' only choice was to be circumfixed. The secret of battle, was is conviction. Its the lesson Cnaiur taught him before the desert. They need not beat the Sapitash, just convince his soldiers that they were defeated, but they needed the indomitable conviction of his subsequent release to achieve this goal.

Maybe it was just an issue of time. They needed him to go along with the Circumfixion so instead of letting Word of Mouth work it's course (or worse, the name getting messed up along the way), he sent them to speak it aloud where Cnaiur might be.

According to the boat captain, someone named Kellah was taking over the holy war ;).

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2016, 02:39:55 pm »

According to the boat captain, someone named Kellah was taking over the holy war ;).

I believe when Achamian finally tells Nautzera about Kellhus in TTT, Nautzera comments that they'd heard about a "Nasurius" rather than an Anasurimbor. I'll have to find that quote because it's going to bug me.

I do really enjoy little things like this in Bakker's writerly considerations.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2016, 02:59:24 pm »
Nautzera had heard, apparently through informants near to the Imperial Court, that a man claiming to be a prophet had grown to prominence among the Men of the Tusk, but the name Anasûrimbor had become Nasurius by the time it reached Atyersus. They had dismissed it as simply one more fanatic contrivance.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:14:08 pm by Madness »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2016, 03:08:03 pm »
Nasurius Kellah - not quite the same weight as Anasurimbor Kellhus I guess.