The Rape of Omindalea

• 21 Replies

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« on: March 07, 2016, 05:16:40 pm »
Why was the rape of omindalea removed from the published appendix and is this entry still valid as it was when you posted it to the old forum?

(The internet doesn't forget... It remembers!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »
I had no idea it was removed! I'll have to investigate...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 12:50:36 pm »

Interesting.  Just keep in mind that we discovered a sort of continuality "error" in the entry as you shared it a long while ago:

Well, I doubt she died bearing him, as the rape is dated to 820, and she lived till 825.
Right, see, you'd think that, but it says

Omindalea conceives by the union and dies bearing Anasûrimbor Sanna-Jephera

Maybe the nonman children take longer to grow...

Also, welcome to the forum.

No, the problem isn't us, it's the entry.

820 - The Rape of Omindalea. Jiricet, a Nonman
Siqû to the God-King Nincarû-Telesser II
(787-828), rapes Omindalea (808-825), first
daughter of Sanna-Neorjë (772-858) of the
house of Anasûrimbor in 824, and then flees
to Ishterebinth.

The entry is dated 820, but it says it occurred in 824.  My guess is 824 is correct, since it was never published, it was probably never proof-read and corrected.

So it happened in 824 (not really 820) and she died in 825, meaning that it is possible that Nonman gestation could take upwards of a year (we already have mention that there are longer gestation periods for possible half-breeds, if my theory is correct).

EDIT: Mind you my last comment there is rather irrelevant, just finishing the thought that started the discussion.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:55:01 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:14:47 pm »
And it is hard to find decent scribes nowadays, since the Many-Hands have seized the lowland cities, and the Cironji pirates have shut down all commerce, including traffic in slaves.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:30:49 pm »
And it is hard to find decent scribes nowadays, since the Many-Hands have seized the lowland cities, and the Cironji pirates have shut down all commerce, including traffic in slaves.

I think you might find many willing scribes here.  Some probably even willing to sell their souls to fend off the pirates, if need be!

(Full disclosure: I'll sign 50 NDA's or an indenture, whatever it might take.  I'd prefer the NDAs though, as I already down a few molars thanks to genetics.)
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 07:48:15 pm »
There's supposed to be continuity errors, IIRC. It gives you the same fuzzy grasp of Earwa history as we have of our own - simply this or that voice saying when they think something happened.

Still, to get hands on the original dot matrix print outs of the history - to the coffers, boys!!! Log of logs!!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:02:25 am »
I live within driving distance... Maybe a weekend trip.. Just sayin...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 01:47:44 pm »

Lol. Such a shame :(.

I live within driving distance... Maybe a weekend trip.. Just sayin...

Indeed... I'm not sure what you're offering but there is a caravan headed there in two weeks ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 01:50:21 pm »

Indeed... I'm not sure what you're offering but there is a caravan headed there in two weeks ;).

Scribbing. He's offering his abilities to Scrib.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 01:52:56 pm »

This is some of the most worrying news, btw. That words are lost within the series that you aren't even aware are missing. Much sadness.

Scribbing. He's offering his abilities to Scrib.
Exactly. I can transcribe scribbled manuscripts and notes into electronic files safe from mundane physical uncertainties such as fires, flooding, and degradation of paper/ink

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 01:55:52 pm »
Lmao. Every time these analogies come up, I just think of Bakker as Tyler Durden and we're all in this abandoned house, a bunch of shaved-monkeys taking dictation ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »
Whatever it takes. The Words are what are important.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 02:01:35 pm »

This is some of the most worrying news, btw. That words are lost within the series that you aren't even aware are missing. Much sadness.

Makes me really hope that one day we might see a "director's cut" of the whole series...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 02:28:10 pm »
Lmao. Every time these analogies come up, I just think of Bakker as Tyler Durden and we're all in this abandoned house, a bunch of shaved-monkeys taking dictation ;).

LMAO. Even now the monkeys are answering our Bipolar leader's questions. Us monkeys, don't know how to act......
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:35:46 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Cû'jara-Cinmoi

• Momurai
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 12:36:35 pm »
I make better soap, c'mon.