Video Game Thread! What are you playing?

• 138 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2017, 05:12:12 pm »
Assassins Creed Origins. Very good. It’s like an egyptian witcher.

That what it seemed like.

Anyone played Elex? Looks interesting ...
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Old Gnostic Fool

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2017, 03:59:06 am »
Assassins Creed Origins. Very good. It’s like an egyptian witcher.

That's good to know. Most reviews praise the scope of the game with it's impressively designed world and superior quest design, but criticize the  RPG centric combat and the plethora of bugs.

Without giving anything away, what's the story like? Do we get taken out of the animus again? One thing I didn't like about the last few games was how the present storyline was neglected.

I really want to pick it up, but I'm unsure whether to get Origins or Shadow of War. Sure, they're both very different games, but they have some superficial similarities.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 03:45:00 pm »
Shadow of war will be my next.

But for AC Origins:
- the present time story is almost unexistent.
- there are some bugs but they are minor bugs comparing with other AC or the full bugged Bethesda games.
- I like the new combat style.
- The story is pretty well designed, not perfect like the Witcher but good enough.
- The world is very very big and there are lots of things to do.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2017, 04:43:10 pm »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 02:01:22 pm »
Since it's coming up so much in thread, I held onto these two links regarding Assassin's Creed:

- New Assassin’s Creed Has the Most Realistic Reconstruction of Ancient Egypt Ever Produced
- This Week’s Giza Pyramid Discovery Was Already Built Into Assassin’s Creed Origins

Thanks for the links.
The game is pretty realistic indeed.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2017, 02:37:56 am »
No problem, Woden. I found them interesting.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Thing called Sarcellus

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
    • Stabface Enterprises
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2017, 02:18:46 am »
Stellaris
Empyrion
Terraria
Kenshi
Car Mechanic Simulator 2018
Eve Online

My current rotation

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2017, 06:02:13 pm »
Terraria <3
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »
AC ended. Not bad at all.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 07:37:04 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Dawn of War III lately, a real time strategy game based on the Warhammer 40k property. It's very similar to Warcraft III, where you build bases and units but with an emphasis on hero characters. The art and animations of the units and landscapes are awesome, unfortunately it might be the last time we get a game in the vintage mold of the genre with this level of production values.

I've had my eye on AC Origins, been hearing lots of good things about it. I just haven't been able to get into big budget action/role-playing games for a while. I really liked Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 but it was hard for me to get excited to play it and I gave up upon reaching the desert area. I feel like I'm really aging as a gamer where I just want to play computer strategy games but I might check out ACO when it goes on sale.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 07:57:00 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Dawn of War III lately, a real time strategy game based on the Warhammer 40k property. It's very similar to Warcraft III, where you build bases and units but with an emphasis on hero characters. The art and animations of the units and landscapes are awesome, unfortunately it might be the last time we get a game in the vintage mold of the genre with this level of production values.

I've had my eye on AC Origins, been hearing lots of good things about it. I just haven't been able to get into big budget action/role-playing games for a while. I really liked Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 but it was hard for me to get excited to play it and I gave up upon reaching the desert area. I feel like I'm really aging as a gamer where I just want to play computer strategy games but I might check out ACO when it goes on sale.

I played a bit of it but found the multiplayer too confusing (as in, how do I actually search for a game). I'll probably give it another shot though. The campaign was cool enough.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 09:17:25 pm »
I loved HZD, my next will be its DLC.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2017, 04:38:21 pm »
More with Dark Souls III. The Nersei Proyas build is complete and I am now playing with Drusas Achamian. Honestly, he's probably the best build I've ever had. Then again, he's pure intel, so....
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2017, 01:09:18 pm »

I haven't played any Dawn of War, but I might put that in the maybe pile.

Currently playing ACO, its fun but still an action-rpg, just heavier on the RPG this time around.
I might recommend you check out Shadow of Morrdor or its recent sequal - simply because there's a bit of army recruiting/building, though its ARPG too.

I know what you mean. I used to love RTSs and RPGs equally, but have found in the last few years more difficultly getting excited about RPGs, even when I pick one up that I've been waiting for a long time.

BTW, you should play SC2 :D .

More with Dark Souls III. The Nersei Proyas build is complete and I am now playing with Drusas Achamian. Honestly, he's probably the best build I've ever had. Then again, he's pure intel, so....

I love all the words in that sentence, lol. DS3 Proyas or Akka build would be very satisfying - easy to Role-Play, especially post-TUC (you need to finish reading it!).

One of the other conditions of possibility.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »

I haven't played any Dawn of War, but I might put that in the maybe pile.

Currently playing ACO, its fun but still an action-rpg, just heavier on the RPG this time around.
I might recommend you check out Shadow of Morrdor or its recent sequal - simply because there's a bit of army recruiting/building, though its ARPG too.

I know what you mean. I used to love RTSs and RPGs equally, but have found in the last few years more difficultly getting excited about RPGs, even when I pick one up that I've been waiting for a long time.

BTW, you should play SC2 :D .

I love all the words in that sentence, lol. DS3 Proyas or Akka build would be very satisfying - easy to Role-Play, especially post-TUC (you need to finish reading it!).
Play AoE, not SC. AoE is superior. Give me one month Wilshire, and I will 1v1 you in SC2.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers