NFL I - And so it begins..

• 140 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2018, 04:10:40 am »
I really can't root for either of these teams.

I'm with you there, hard for me to root for Philly given their fan's atrocious treatment of the Rays when they met in the World Series some years back.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2018, 11:46:32 am »
I'm hugely ignorant but i quite like Philly fans in that i know nothing about them apart from how terrible they are, and that amuses me.

I saw some old 99 vikings fan give a message then the philly fans creating banners and chants against her, it's so ridiculous it's sublime.

I'm away to google more of their antics and then find out how wrong it is to find them funny.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2018, 12:14:16 pm »
I can't say I like the Eagles, but I don't hate them like I do the Patriots.

If the Eagles play all 4 quarters, they can win.  I'm really tired of teams trying to win only playing 3.  Play the whole game.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2018, 06:09:09 pm »
I can't say I like the Eagles, but I don't hate them like I do the Patriots.

If the Eagles play all 4 quarters, they can win.  I'm really tired of teams trying to win only playing 3.  Play the whole game.

Mother's milk, H - how professional sports teams can't seem to get this is beyond me.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »
Mother's milk, H - how professional sports teams can't seem to get this is beyond me.

They come out the gate strong, like one should, but the Patriots are adept at minimizing damage and keeping the game close.  Then when time is running low, they have the confidence to play well from behind.  The only other option is to bury the game by so much there simply isn't any time to lose the lead, but that just isn't really going to happen.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2018, 04:39:09 pm »
Ok, I think Sam Darnold will be a huge bust, Josh Rosen has a chance to be a decent NFL QB, if he can adjust his attitude. But, if I am a NFL GM in need of a QB, I'm taking Baker Mayfield.

Here me out. If you see the QB's that are successful, its because the system fits their strengths. i dont know understand why they force a spread QB to be a 7-step drop QB. Eagles just won the SB by basically running RPO (Run-Pass option) plays 75% of the game out of spread sets. The NFL is changing and QB's like Mayfield are prime to take over the NFL. He has arm strength, accuracy, and seems to be a great leader. His antics don't bother me, he'll grow out of that. He's NOT Manziel. I'm telling you, Mayfield will have best career out of those QB's. Wyoming's Josh Allen is the wild card.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,