• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2015, 12:00:59 pm »
Well, I think this is what you refer to:

In the effort to transform themselves into the perfect expression of the Logos, the Dûnyain have bent their entire existence to mastering the irrationalities that determine human thought: history, custom, and passion.

While it's kind of silly to think in these terms, their "mastering" of history is the repudiation of it.  They purposely ignore history, in order to attempt to be a-historical.

I have my doubts that this works though, even in the context of Earwa.
Well that's a convoluted rationalization.

More likely, kellhus was crafted, raised and trained to believe what he does, but this does not accurately reflect dunyain, hence the contradiction in his belief and the what has come black.

Well, it's certainly true that it is hard to know, since we have only one example of Dûnyain training.  Is Kellhus an average Dûnyain?  Exceptional?  Even greater than that?  And so, is his training the "usual?"  Or was he groomed both by and for more?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2015, 05:17:40 pm »
Kellhus is a prodigy, even among the dunyain. Straight from the horses mouth - in an interview.

This doen't really answer the question though. As you say, we have one instance of POV training. All conclusion appear nearly equally likely.
One of the other conditions of possibility.