Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
Hilarious how intertwined these threads get.

Continuing off-topic, Moenghus tells Kellhus the God sleeps their task is to awaken him. And Kellhus' TWP vision has apparently been trying to convince Kellhus to burn the fields in order to awaken the the God.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »
Curse Likaro!

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2016, 12:21:16 am »
I've always been under the impression that Demon-Malowebi would have the body of Malowebi and the head/face of a Ciphrang (decapitant). Though on reread I noticed this passage.

The abomination raised his hands, held them about the sorcerous turmoil of its face, the knitting of his blood to its blasted meat and skin. Malowebi screamed for watching Malowebi reborn in demonic replica.

So, I think it's going to look just like Malowebi, and when he gets to Zeum, they'll be none the wiser. Its why the Nonman wanted to touch Kellhus in WLW. I'm really interested to see what type of magic it will use, maybe some combo of anagonic and whatever Malowebi used?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2016, 11:59:15 am »
I've always been under the impression that Demon-Malowebi would have the body of Malowebi and the head/face of a Ciphrang (decapitant). Though on reread I noticed this passage.

The abomination raised his hands, held them about the sorcerous turmoil of its face, the knitting of his blood to its blasted meat and skin. Malowebi screamed for watching Malowebi reborn in demonic replica.

So, I think it's going to look just like Malowebi, and when he gets to Zeum, they'll be none the wiser. Its why the Nonman wanted to touch Kellhus in WLW. I'm really interested to see what type of magic it will use, maybe some combo of anagonic and whatever Malowebi used?

Yeah, I sure hope that we don't miss what goes on in Zeum in some off-screen way.  I guess we are fast realizing why Scott said Malowebi was one of his favorites to write.  My guess is that somehow it has some sort of dual personality, of both the Ciphrang and Malowebi.

I'd be interested to see who that Ciphrang is, because it seems probable that there is some reason why that particular Ciphrang was chosen to not only be a Decapitant, but to be the one to replace Malowebi.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2016, 04:10:40 pm »

Yeah, great passage. That part particularly seems to bother Malowebi's Head.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2016, 07:15:40 pm »
I miss Zioz. Hope it's him.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2016, 02:15:25 pm »
I believe it'd be Zioz or the other one Achamian fought in TWP - as per the convoluted fan thoughts (Trisk deserves the credit, as far as I remember it, but I buy into it) that the Ciphrang that hang on Kellhus' girdle are the two Ciphrang that Iyokus used in PON who weren't hit by Chorae.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

sohorat

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2016, 09:48:12 pm »
Well, I hope that it's not Setmahaga, because between you and me, he's the worst.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 01:06:12 am »
Was Setmahaga the weirdo that spit killing-flies? I so love Bakker's demons. Sound like something from Sumerian and early Semitic mythologies. Just waiting for headless Pazuzu or some many-eyed Flaming Wheel Angel orsomething to show up.

I believe it'd be Zioz or the other one Achamian fought in TWP - as per the convoluted fan thoughts (Trisk deserves the credit, as far as I remember it, but I buy into it) that the Ciphrang that hang on Kellhus' girdle are the two Ciphrang that Iyokus used in PON who weren't hit by Chorae.
Ankaryotis was the other, IIRC.

I just like the names, ok?

sohorat

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 05:49:30 pm »
Nope. That was me. I also can make wolves bubble from my palms.  It's awesome.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 04:46:29 am »
You're cool Sohorat, I'd summon you any time.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »
Was Setmahaga the weirdo that spit killing-flies? I so love Bakker's demons. Sound like something from Sumerian and early Semitic mythologies. Just waiting for headless Pazuzu or some many-eyed Flaming Wheel Angel orsomething to show up.

Ankaryotis was the other, IIRC.

I just like the names, ok?

Lol - +1 all that.

Nope. That was me. I also can make wolves bubble from my palms.  It's awesome.

Lol - shame about those Cishaurim.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 04:04:45 am »
We'll I think that's true MG, he is both harvesting the fields and looking for a way to stop damnation. The ultimate long con if there ever was one.

I wonder if he's angling to smash Yatwer into Gilgaol?  Make both sides think that he might be working for them to lure them into some kind of unrefusable duel to mutual death?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2016, 02:44:41 pm »
We'll I think that's true MG, he is both harvesting the fields and looking for a way to stop damnation. The ultimate long con if there ever was one.

I wonder if he's angling to smash Yatwer into Gilgaol?  Make both sides think that he might be working for them to lure them into some kind of unrefusable duel to mutual death?

I'm really starting to believe that the man in Kellhus's dreams is Kellhus. I don't know that he want to shut the Outside, the more I think about it. He wants to dominate it. This killing the 100 and him becoming the sole God of the Outside, the Absolute. Maybe just him and Onkis, can't get rid of the head on the pole behind you. Now, mind you, killing the 100 would still essentially stop damnation to the extent it's become on Earwa.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »
I'm really starting to believe that the man in Kellhus's dreams is Kellhus. I don't know that he want to shut the Outside, the more I think about it. He wants to dominate it. This killing the 100 and him becoming the sole God of the Outside, the Absolute. Maybe just him and Onkis, can't get rid of the head on the pole behind you. Now, mind you, killing the 100 would still essentially stop damnation to the extent it's become on Earwa.

That's the spirit!  8)

Think, if Saubon could do it and he knows nothing of the Outside, what could Kellhus do?  Speak directly to himself, perhaps?

Further, all the things we joking, or not jokingly, ascribed to "shadow Moe" could easily apply to "future Kellhus."
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira