Here goes ...

• 92 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 07:46:14 pm »
Quite a compliment, Tao, thanks much. I'm thinking my style is more suited to little vignettes than the grand sweep of TSA. But the general idea of an extended side-by-side comic parody of TSA appeals greatly.

I think the Forum is your best one-stop-shop for all inquiries of an Eärwan nature. And I'm sure you're far from the only reader lost in the tall grass.

Hey, have you ever read "The Devil's Dictionary", by Ambrose Bierce?  That's exactly the kind of companion piece you're  looking for in TSA! It's generally very dry "definitions".... that could be a very enjoyable read!

Perhaps a new thread.....?

Yrs, BFK.

P. S. Check out the BFK post on the "Crazy speculation only" thread.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:47:47 pm by Beardfisher King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »

WHAT?! TSA is the funniest series ever. Filled with humour, Bakker is not gifted with the art?!!! Huh? Don't Akka and co literally roll on the floor laughing at Kellhus' jokes in TWP?
[/quote]

omg, you're right! Most of that stuff went straight over my head and some forgotten. You're reply triggered a real knee slapper of a memory, the time when the Bashrag nailed a man through the groin on that Non-man wall and shrieked in pain, woo hoo, that was hilarious! Ha ha ha ha ha, that was so funny!

Was referring to stand up comedy style prose - Bakker may well be awesome with that as well, but he did not write PON in that style. Not saying no humor in it, but confess don't recollect any ...
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2017, 10:06:03 pm »
So, not to derail a thread that's been derailed a couple times, lol. THIS TAOHORROR'S THREAD!!!!! But, to earlier post up thread on H's "culmination theory" on The TT, I don't think Moe ever intended to take over the holy war and kill off Kellhus. I mean think on it. The Inrithi would win, that's the plan, easiest way to Unite the Three-Seas. Also, how could Moe and Powerful Cish then take control of an Inrithi lead Holy War. Yes, the TT was meant to outlive the incubator, but doesn't mean Moe didn't have a long plan. I think it would be great to see Moe in TUC in some capacity, preferably, methinks it will be on the side of the Consult. I think he was already seated by their meeting and he is a lying liar that lies. It would be a great ling play.

So, started reread, just witnessed the horror of Kiyuth with the sorcerers, what struck me more was Cnaüir's  will to live. Its what I love about him, a man that always picks his self back up. Inrau, what did he find in the Shriah's apartments? Clearly something related to the SS, as it had him questioning going back to the Mandate. Also, Onkis, she is way more important in the pantheon of the 100 then most think. More thoughts later.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2017, 02:04:33 am »

So, started reread, just witnessed the horror of Kiyuth with the sorcerers, what struck me more was Cnaüir's  will to live. Its what I love about him, a man that always picks his self back up. Inrau, what did he find in the Shriah's apartments? Clearly something related to the SS, as it had him questioning going back to the Mandate. Also, Onkis, she is way more important in the pantheon of the 100 then most think. More thoughts later.

Well, there was that one time when Cniur grabs Kellhus' sword, brings it to his own neck and begs him to kill him ...

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2017, 05:22:13 am »

Well, there was that one time when Cniur grabs Kellhus' sword, brings it to his own neck and begs him to kill him ...

(click to show/hide)
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2017, 12:12:58 pm »
Not contesting your overall point, just pointing out it wasn't always so as he went mad to the near point of suicide by K in The Carathay. But maybe that was a manipulation, sensing K was coming for him with his best defense surrendering so nakedly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 12:15:21 pm by TaoHorror »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2017, 08:21:18 pm »
Not contesting your overall point, just pointing out it wasn't always so as he went mad to the near point of suicide by K in The Carathay. But maybe that was a manipulation, sensing K was coming for him with his best defense surrendering so nakedly.

Right, he's been at the edge many times. But, he has always come through and kept fighting. I do like the idea that upon seeing Proyas he'll switch sides from the Consult.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2017, 11:30:53 am »
So, not to derail a thread that's been derailed a couple times, lol. THIS TAOHORROR'S THREAD!!!!! But, to earlier post up thread on H's "culmination theory" on The TT, I don't think Moe ever intended to take over the holy war and kill off Kellhus. I mean think on it. The Inrithi would win, that's the plan, easiest way to Unite the Three-Seas. Also, how could Moe and Powerful Cish then take control of an Inrithi lead Holy War. Yes, the TT was meant to outlive the incubator, but doesn't mean Moe didn't have a long plan. I think it would be great to see Moe in TUC in some capacity, preferably, methinks it will be on the side of the Consult. I think he was already seated by their meeting and he is a lying liar that lies. It would be a great ling play.

Well, I do think that Moe had a long-term plan, even if that plan was never going to work.  As I said, Moe was just wrong on too many things to survive the high-stakes game he was playing at.  Even though he was smart and powerful enough to accomplish what he did, there was going to be a limit.  That limit just happened to be Kellhus and Kyudea.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2017, 06:07:32 pm »
Well, I do think that Moe had a long-term plan, even if that plan was never going to work.  As I said, Moe was just wrong on too many things to survive the high-stakes game he was playing at.  Even though he was smart and powerful enough to accomplish what he did, there was going to be a limit.  That limit just happened to be Kellhus and Kyudea.

Ol' Moe, dead as a door nail, eh?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2017, 10:13:17 am »

That would be my guess.  Although, that doesn't preclude him from having an effect on the story still.  Even if I think that is relatively improbable, it is possible.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2017, 12:42:34 pm »

I've never understood how the "Moënghus lives!" theories get past the clear evidence of his death-by-Chorae. But as a way to while away the early summer days, I'll bite: What's the case for a living Moënghus?
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2017, 12:48:04 pm »

I've never understood how the "Moënghus lives!" theories get past the clear evidence of his death-by-Chorae. But as a way to while away the early summer days, I'll bite: What's the case for a living Moënghus?

Not living, oh no! In the Outside running the Thousandfold Thought. Remember, in every instance, Moe and Kellhus are described as identical. He just got his eyes back and grew some hair, another long play. Seriously, I'm pulling shit out of nowhere, BK.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2017, 12:55:41 pm »

Not living, oh no! In the Outside running the Thousandfold Thought. Remember, in every instance, Moe and Kellhus are described as identical. He just got his eyes back and grew some hair, another long play. Seriously, I'm pulling shit out of nowhere, BK.
I really like the ol' Moe crackpots. Especially yours, MSJ. But I have gave up, they never ever happen. Remember the Meppa = Cnaiür + Möenghus thing? Good times.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2017, 01:37:31 pm »
I really like the ol' Moe crackpots. Especially yours, MSJ. But I have gave up, they never ever happen. Remember the Meppa = Cnaiür + Möenghus thing? Good times.

Just thought exercises really.  I never rated any as particularly plausible, but they do create interesting ways to think about certain elements even if they are rather far-fetched, mostly.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2017, 05:03:28 pm »
Moe will lead "the zombie apocalypse" and destroy all, both Consult and Humanity, yielding the 3rd spin off series of The Walking Dead. Just a thought exercise ...