mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2014, 03:42:00 pm »
What if Cnaiur's one-night-stand with Earwa led to a more long-lasting and meaningful relationship?

i feel like such a dummy, i misread this as "Cnaiur's one-night-stand with Esmi" which had my mind reeling

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2014, 03:49:42 pm »
what if Mog is the tazmanian devil and the Heron Spear is a variation of the Roadrunner Spear?

(i realize this query doesn't really require an answer...so...drive thru to the next window, please.)

ooh ooh, Akka is Wiley Coyote and Kellhus is the roadrunner!

What if Kellhus solves everybody's problems by shoving the Ark all the way into the ground?  Or would this kill Earwa?

What if the No-God never died, but was only grievously injured and powerless without the Carapace?  Kellhus and/or Akka find it languishing in an overstuffed armchair pulled up close to the Inverse Fire.  Kellhus and/or Akka seize the just rebuilt Carapace and become the No-God!

If the No-God is indeed a product of the tekne, it would make some sense that the Carapace is the real deal and the blinded soul within is just the unlucky driver.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 11:10:33 am »
what if Kellhus is just the latest installment of a Dunyain tradition: send an Anasurimbor into the wild every 30ish years telling him only that his father has gone before him

it would be cool if we meet a son/daughter of kellhus from ishual!

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 09:07:21 am »
what if Kellhus is just the latest installment of a Dunyain tradition: send an Anasurimbor into the wild every 30ish years telling him only that his father has gone before him

It does seem a little odd that being the prodigy that Kellhus is, (even by Dunyain standards) they wouldn't have used him to stud and make lots more.  I mean haven't they been 'training and breeding in the mountains for thousands of years'?

What if Kellhus hadn't survived his initial encounter with sorcery?  It seems like anybody else without a trinket is toast so super speed or not, you cant out run magic...

What if Akka and Mimara's baby is a girl, having ingested so much qirri in the womb it becomes a female Nonman (nonwoman?) ???  Could that potentially alter the fate/objectives of all the nonmen?  Or maybe as a race they would survive, but all the currently living nonmen are already erratics/beyond saving and cant be trusted around the only female (besides for insemination) and once a few new nonmen are here, the ancients can be safely disposed of. 

What if Kellhus faked the destruction of Ishual and secretly evacuated the Dunyain to a new hidden fortress somewhere in the south, much further from the Consult which is now actively looking for them with several good leads. 

What if the 100 finally materialize in Earwa and battle Kellhus- and Kellhus wins.  Would the White Luck Warrior still be after Kellhus?  Would he even be able to win without support from Yatwer?  I dont know if its ever mentioned how he forsees stuff, just that he does. 

What if Akka had never gone to the Library?  Then Kellhus would have never had sex with Esmi and  Cnaiur only betrayed Kellhus with the understanding that they would chain him to his wife. Cnaiur assumed it would be Esmi and was shocked when they used Serwa lol. 

What if Cnaiur had been King of Tribes at Kiyuth?  Would the Nansurium have been destroyed or would the Men of the Tusk in Momemn have been enough to fight them off (although they would have had to give up all hope of taking Shimeh)

What if Zeum could have been incorporated into the Empire before the march of the Great Ordeal?  Who knows how many schools (or if theres just one school, how large it is) and how many fighting men they could have contributed?  What about the lands men inhabited east of the Kayarsus mountains before they arrived in Earwa?  I imagine they felt Mog 2k years ago too, why wasn't there any mention of them ever sending help?

What if Kellhus can kill/control all of the aspects of the 100 and he can thus control damnation?  Would the consult go quietly if Kellhus could guarantee them they wouldn't burn for eternity?

What if Scott was able to crank out 1 or even 2 books a year and still maintain the quality we have all come to expect???? 

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »
oooh WLW battling without divine sponsorship?  this would be a wildcard, like Shrike day or something

i really like your 'what if' about Kellhus dying.  what does Moe do, what 3 years and then call again?  Maitha/Moe have to take over the 3 seas in the absence of an Ishual Anasurimbor?  i wonder if Moe kept 'calling' Ishual for awhile after Kellhus left just to make sure they sent someone?  unless or course he is just watching them the whole time.  i wonder how good his scrying is?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 02:41:47 pm »
Moe might have just kept calling until all the other Dunyain ended up dead? Wouldn't want them to get in the way.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 11:36:48 pm »
Moe might have just kept calling until all the other Dunyain ended up dead? Wouldn't want them to get in the way.

yikes, slaughtering a whole generations of Dunyain!  makes me think they were just pretending to die for Kellhus' sake-- to sell him on the necessity of keeping Ishual pure to motivate him until the Circumfix

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 05:23:30 pm »
Looking back, suicide seems rather unlikely to me, especially for the one's Moe called, who likely knew something of the wider world.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 06:55:42 pm »

So delicious.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 06:59:03 pm »
What if Kellhus faked the destruction of Ishual and secretly evacuated the Dunyain to a new hidden fortress somewhere in the south, much further from the Consult which is now actively looking for them with several good leads.

I'm partial to the idea that they are all in the Nonmen mansion beneath Kyudea where he met Papa Moe.  No one else seems to have known it was there except Moe (dead), Cnaiur (dead), not!Serwe (status unknown) and Kellhus.  In any case, it is clearly a more defensible location since the Consult would have to stage an invasion across the Three Seas to reach it, rather than letting some Yoke Legions loose in the mountains of northern nowhere.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 08:27:29 pm »
Maybe they have been scouting Earwa for another suitable exalted grotto to hide away in. Obviously Ishual was compromised, so they would like to find another pre-built yet uninhabited place for their studies.

Kyudea seems decent, but hard to get food covertly. But an unoccupied nonman mansion seems like a wonderful replacement for ishual.