[TGO SPOILERS] Aorsi/Dagliash

• 85 Replies

gtownwr

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2016, 09:29:44 pm »
Much of the theory is based on the fact that we don't get much of a physical description of the Diurnal.  Thank you, Wilshire.  I have long been a lurker in the forum but finally the lack of people around me to discuss this amazing series with got the best of me and I joined.   ;D

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:06 am »
Crackpot incoming...

What if it wasn't a nuke at all that Kellhus found, but the nominal False Sun, buried when the Nogaral was destroyed, and what if KELLHUS made it overload and explode, destroying the horde and killing Saubon, while simultaneously telling his Ordeal to flee to save as much as possible.  Surely Kellhus had heard of the betrayal of Titurga and the False Sun he carried. 

Probably not the case, but an interesting thought.  It wasn't Tekne at all.

First off, @gtownwr, welcome! Love New perspectives and the more the merrrier! I like this. And, I'm digging it a lot. When I first read it, I had no idea it was a Nuke. It wasn't til joining The Afflicted Few, that it even entered my mind. While all signs point to a nuclear devixe, we know that the Consult created other weapons that resulted in similar sicknesses and the like. I'm open to this idea. Like to seer you explore it further.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2016, 06:10:03 am »
Also why would Kellhus know of the events that transpired there?

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2016, 08:24:22 am »

He could have had glimpses of Time while he was in the Outside?
But while reading, I didn't get the impression Kellhus knew the bomb was there. But I'll have to reread the passage to confirm that.
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2016, 06:30:52 am »
Do we have any indication he can look Inside while Outside?

gtownwr

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »

I was assuming that a sorcerer as famous and powerful as Titirga (SP?) would have much of his life, including his betrayal at the hands of another most famous sorcerer, written down or mythologized and that Kellhus would have access to those accounts.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2016, 01:01:16 pm »
Much of the theory is based on the fact that we don't get much of a physical description of the Diurnal.  Thank you, Wilshire.  I have long been a lurker in the forum but finally the lack of people around me to discuss this amazing series with got the best of me and I joined.   ;D

One issue with this, or course, is that the Diurnal is "a fan of mirrors that reflected the Sun" and might well be a Gnostic artifact, made by Emilidis.  The way the bomb is desribed is nothing like that though, "It was no larger than a dollhouse, but seemed larger for the piping that enclosed it—a scaffold that somehow held the interior cube without touching it." In other words, it would seem to be a tesseract.  I like the theory, but I don't think the text bears it out.

However, to take this another direction, I do believe that Kellhus knew that the bomb was there, what it was, and what it would do through the Visions and the Voice he hears.  The question of why the bomb was down the well seemed obvious to me at the time of reading it, that they wanted to blow the top off The Well and have everyone fall down it, just as they did to Titirga.  Kellhus anticipated this and that is why he was, from the moment they got to Dagliash, excavating the Well.  Aurang realizes this and so pops in to set it off early, which again, is antcipated by Kellhus.  This could explain why he says it is "a good thing" since it validates his visions as true, proves that TTT is intact and is proceeding, that all the sacrifices are not in vain.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

geoffrobro

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2016, 10:10:32 pm »
*Gasp* you must burn the fields.
"Wutrim kut mi’puru kamuir!"

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2016, 11:42:54 pm »
I think the Diurnal was not an artifact at all, only a sorcerous Cant devised by Titirga.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:11:42 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2016, 10:37:21 am »
I think the Diurnal was not an artifact at all, only a sorcerous Cant devised by Titirga.

I guess that it's possible, but it certainly seems like a thing.  Could just be a fan of mirrors that Titirga casts a cant on, but it did seem like Shae knew of it before TFS.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

gtownwr

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2016, 03:04:24 pm »
Good thoughts, H.  I like the idea that finding the device confirmed to Kell that the TTT was on track.  +1