Grimdark Magazine! Kickstarter! New Anthology! RSB story!

• 75 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 02:45:55 pm »
Some cool perks, including some authors who will review your story, or write your into one of their shorts.

Also, there's about 10 lettered editions left.

Shipping sucks, but that's life. International book shipping is expensive as hell. Their prices are reasonable. Unfortunately high, but reasonable.

Also, this topic might should be in General Misc or Literature, as its mroe specifically about the anthology itself rather than bakker's story within. Just thoughts. Seems it was moved.

Just 1 lettered edition left. All gone!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:13:18 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 09:44:13 am »
It's costing more to ship the book than it does for me to get TGO sent by express courier from Canada.

I might just donate some Aussie Dollars since the exchange rate is favourable to me, then buy the book independently when it comes out. Probably work out cheaper.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 12:15:04 pm »
It might not be any cheaper for shipping later. This is why publisher have UK and/or European publishers, and US publishers, because shipping sucks.

Campaign is looking strong so far, I'm excited. Favorable exchange rate is a nice plus :), even better for you I think

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2016, 04:59:02 pm »
Its sitting right at 75% right now. With all the big perks gone it may be a bit of a slog to get to 100%. Seems that most people are either going ebook or Hardback, which averages at about $30 per backer. So, to get fully funded, that means they need about 165 more backers. Put another way, that means they need about 30% more of about 450 total.

450 backers is past the 2nd stretch goal, so my guess is that if this gets funded, then backers will get the first 4 GdM publications free, as well as the additional Novella and Novelette by Matthew Ward
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:31:41 pm by Wilshire »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2016, 06:29:49 pm »
I just donated $12, ebook is all I need.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2016, 06:32:04 pm »
I just donated $12, ebook is all I need.
You get nothing if it doesn't get funded ;).

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2016, 06:33:57 pm »
Well the money doesn't come out my account until it does get fully funded, correct?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2016, 06:35:05 pm »
Correct. You can change your pledge up until the day the kickstarter ends, which is July 14th. No charges are made before its over.

If it doesnt reach its goal, no one gets charged anything. No books are made, and another Bakker short gets lots to the void.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 06:37:52 pm by Wilshire »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2016, 06:39:48 pm »
Correct. You can change your pledge up until the day the kickstarter ends, which is July 14th. No charges are made before its over.

If it doesnt reach its goal, no one gets charged anything. No books are made, and another Bakker short gets lots to the void.

I might throw in a little more if it looks like they might not make the goal. I doubt that though. I think they'll make it.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2016, 02:14:14 am »

I might throw in a little more if it looks like they might not make the goal. I doubt that though. I think they'll make it.

Indeed.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 09:17:38 pm »
Apparently, getting the whole first year of GdM was a 350 backer milestone, which then includes The Knife of Many Hands in addition to the new Atrocity Tale in the anthology - incentive for anyone who has not yet read KOMH.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 12:45:54 pm »
So, to get fully funded, that means they need about 165 more backers. Put another way, that means they need about 30% more of about 450 total.
Well its funed now, and it took 450 backers :P .

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 12:51:04 pm »
Somnambulist interior art incoming!!!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 01:29:01 pm »
So, to get fully funded, that means they need about 165 more backers. Put another way, that means they need about 30% more of about 450 total.
Well its funed now, and it took 450 backers :P .

I haven't even backed yet, I am a chronic-late-backer historically.  I'll get around to it before it ends though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 01:42:21 pm »
Well, you've been on Griswold Family Vacation for how many days now ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer