• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2016, 03:57:56 pm »
Thanks, Bolivar.

Edited your quote tags into working order (you had a wild "p" in there).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2016, 05:49:49 pm »
This book really struck me emotionally a lot more than it had in the past. I had a lot more sympathy for esmi and felt more powerfully the losses of Akka/Proyas/Xin. All good things.

The Shadow Way was also curious to me, especially with the Cish seemingly avoiding identifying Akka/Xin as they moved back into the city. Moenghus keeping Kellhus' bid for the gnosis alive?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

morkypep

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2016, 12:00:06 am »
One thing I liked while rereading this was seeing that Kellhus actually has feelings. Hes not entirely robotic. He expresses pity when he almost kills Cnaiur on the beach. Watching Esmi almost fall made his heart skip a beat. He actually cares about her. In his delusions while on the Circumfix with Serwe he prays for her to come back to life. Real interesting stuff. This makes his appearance of instability in the next trilogy make more sense. It started here.

Seomus

• Emwama
  • Author
    • View Profile
    • JMD Reid's Blog
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2016, 04:10:14 am »
One thing I liked while rereading this was seeing that Kellhus actually has feelings. Hes not entirely robotic. He expresses pity when he almost kills Cnaiur on the beach. Watching Esmi almost fall made his heart skip a beat. He actually cares about her. In his delusions while on the Circumfix with Serwe he prays for her to come back to life. Real interesting stuff. This makes his appearance of instability in the next trilogy make more sense. It started here.

He feels outrage in TDTCB when Serwe is raped by Cnaiur right after he claims her as his prize. Kellhus ponders from what darkness the emotion came from. So he definitely feels something for Serwe far earlier.
“A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity."
--Franz Kafka

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2016, 08:47:21 am »

Keep following the light, there you will find the truth.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,