What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:06 pm »
Quote from: mikethegrouch
Crackpot time.

Akka dies at the end of The Unholy Consult.

The series that shall not be named takes place many years later with Akka & Mimara's child as the protagonist.

He is the only one who can defeat Kellhus (who has become even more powerful after taking over Golgotterath and mastering tekne, making himself immortal, etc)

:P

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:13 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Brilliant, sir. I like theories supposing that The-Series-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named is in the distant future.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:21 pm »
Quote from: Sideris
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Ahem.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:30 pm »
Quote from: Borque
The series that shall not be named takes place many years later with Akka & Mimara's child as the protagonist.
Good crackpottery!

However I don't believe it's Akka's child. The Judging Eye - according to Akka - seems to be connected to being pregnant. If that's the case, then Mimara was pregnant before she met Akka since she had experienced the JE before she left Momemn.

But then again, as the JE is an Outside-related phenomenon, it sure doesn't have to be constrained by a timeline.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:36 pm »
I'm beginning to think that there is some temporal disconnect between the Outside and the World. For instance, the Gods exist Outside and experience all time as something other than linear history. So it might not matter to the Gods when in her life Mimara gets pregnant, simply that she does, and, perhaps, she can still have her power her whole life, irregardless of when she got pregnant.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:42 pm »
Quote from: Borque
Exactly.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:49 pm »
Quote from: sciborg2
Yeah, she even mentions she's had it for a long time, long before even coming to live with Esmi-as-Empress IIRC.

Doesn't Akka also say the Eye is connected to stillbirths?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 11:54:55 pm »
Achamian never says it, explicitly, though this is very much what I think Bakker is trying to imply. He then proceeds to stop Achamian from giving us or Mimara anything of meaning at all, after the tantilizing hints of TJE, by addicting my Heroes - with a very applaudable fictive device for suspense - and allowing their drug use and exploration of it to neglect answering our questions.

I believe in the entirety of WLW Achamian and her talk of the Judging Eye once, in the very first chapter. Mimara is left to all her moments of revelation alone while she motivates almost all of their duo's "successes" in the book. I mean, Achamian is there, clearly a Sranc deterent along with Cleric but he gets hit almost harder than Mimara by the addiction, even though he really decides to give up first, after she tries to refuse.

Also, the Judging Eye might not simply mean stillbirth but birth of the mother as well. Perhaps this is how Inri Sejenus was born and his mother died.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:02 pm »
I'm beginning to think that there is some temporal disconnect between the Outside and the World. For instance, the Gods exist Outside and experience all time as something other than linear history. So it might not matter to the Gods when in her life Mimara gets pregnant, simply that she does, and, perhaps, she can still have her power her whole life, irregardless of when she got pregnant.

Which is why Kellhus is the No-God, he just doesn't know it yet. (Assuming the No-God dwells in the Outside? When not dead that is)

;)

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:10 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
I still think that it's still birth, but the no god will show up and while all other wombs birth the dead, then Mimara will birth something living.

Though perhaps absent a soul. Free of the damnation and salvation mechanations.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:17 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
That baby will need a hellish big montage.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:28 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Even Rocky had a montage...a montage!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:35 pm »
Quote from: Sideris
Always fade out in a montaaaaaaaaage...

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »
Quote from: The Sharmat
Which is why Kellhus is the No-God, he just doesn't know it yet. (Assuming the No-God dwells in the Outside? When not dead that is) ;)

That would at least certainly mesh with Kellhus' vision/hallucination of the No-God while hanging on the circumfex. He saw It as a monk, albeit hunched like an animal. The Dunyain, and Kellhus in particular, are usually identified as monk within his inner monologue.

I think there's more to the No-God than a grandfather paradox though.

EDIT: Sudden crack appeared in my pot. The "WHAT DO YOU SEE?!" is not a random, idiot question directed to everything. It's addressed to a specific person in a specific context, it just broadcasts at all moments of the No-God's existence because It, like the Gods that are its antithesis, exists in a nonlinear weird temporal state.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 11:55:52 pm »
Quote from: sciborg2
Akka dreams he holds a stillborn in his hands.