The Great Bakker Review Ordeal

• 36 Replies

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »
That's really funny, Hiro. I just reached out to him last night, among some twenty other reviewers who have previously reviewed the series. He mentioned he was waiting for TUC but that he would bump up TGO. So coming sooner than later now!

Cool. I enjoy his and Larry's reviews at Ofblog in particular.
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 08:55:52 pm »
The first review (!!) explicitly generated by our communal outreach. I've gotten many good recommendations by the EBR cabal over the years and their post is sure to generate exposure, if they've been majorly disappointed by TAE, despite their undying love for PON.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 01:11:02 pm »
That's an interesting review to be sure. The author was really torn between liking parts of it and hating others.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »
I'll say. He took the time to read, digest and write about it though.
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 02:24:30 pm »
The group of them do great reviews. Three or four of them had a lot of love for PON but have been disappointed over and again by TAE (and here I come along asking that they review TGO).

But as I said to redeagl. They can't help but love PON and hope for TAE and they do do great reviews. Plus... you can't buy that kind of exposure for the series.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 02:55:06 pm »
The group of them do great reviews. Three or four of them had a lot of love for PON but have been disappointed over and again by TAE (and here I come along asking that they review TGO).

But as I said to redeagl. They can't help but love PON and hope for TAE and they do do great reviews. Plus... you can't buy that kind of exposure for the series.

Well, you can, but its just too expensive for us :P.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 02:57:37 pm »
Where are those rich and handsome fans?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 06:26:51 pm »
Where are those rich and handsome fans?

Did someone mention me?!  Lol though since the first time I have heared this statement I have been looking for them with no success. Wilshire where did you hide them?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:37:36 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »
I'd look for them in the holy deep.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 05:16:00 pm »
Did someone mention me?!  Lol though since the first time I have heared this statement I have been looking for them with no success. Wilshire where did you hide them?

Twice now people have brought up that Bakker has "affluent 20-something fans" and "rich and handsome fans." Wilshire and I are looking for their support in promoting Bakker ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 11:58:36 pm »

Twice now people have brought up that Bakker has "affluent 20-something fans" and "rich and handsome fans." Wilshire and I are looking for their support in promoting Bakker ;).

Maybe it is our intricate and well thought out theories, that lead them to believe that to be the case. I know I sound like a rich, affluent man of high standing, and i would think nothing less of the other posters here at SA. Hey, we're a cut above. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:00:27 am by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2016, 12:51:16 pm »

Maybe it is our intricate and well thought out theories, that lead them to believe that to be the case. I know I sound like a rich, affluent man of high standing, and i would think nothing less of the other posters here at SA. Hey, we're a cut above. :)

According to the forum we have 375 rich and handsome fans.Our Grandmaster himself is a rich and handsome man how could we be anything else ? I think I now grasped the Absolute.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
Mystery denotes darkness

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
Mystery denotes darkness