V for Victory

• 7 Replies

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« on: July 24, 2015, 05:50:30 pm »
So Bakker just clarified the situation a bit on his blog:

I’ve finally spoken to my Overlook editor: apparently they’ve been deluged with emails and even phone calls! It has him excited about the book at least. We still have a couple more details to hammer out, and things need to be squared away with Orbit, but hopefully I should be able to make an announcement soon.

I tweeted about it on the fan account, the credentials of which MG has shared with us: https://twitter.com/bakkerfans/status/624634192245059584?s=09

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 06:09:20 pm by Bolivar »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 05:54:16 pm »
No hope on the slog!!!!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 07:06:44 pm »
Thanks for the update Bolivard. Thats great news! Also, thanks for the tweet.
No hope on the slog!!!!
However, see above ;). Until I see it on the shelves ....
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 09:18:01 pm »
So Bakker just clarified the situation a bit on his blog:

I’ve finally spoken to my Overlook editor: apparently they’ve been deluged with emails and even phone calls! It has him excited about the book at least. We still have a couple more details to hammer out, and things need to be squared away with Orbit, but hopefully I should be able to make an announcement soon.

I tweeted about it on the fan account, the credentials of which MG has shared with us: https://twitter.com/bakkerfans/status/624634192245059584?s=09

thank you Bolivar! :)

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »
For me, I just like the clarity we are at least somewhat getting.  Before, it was just "hope the silence means they are working on it."  At least now we know they are working on it, so I feel a lot better.

I don't really mind waiting, but only if I know something will actually happen...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Garet Jax

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 02:11:07 pm »
The water bearers released a deluge.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 02:39:36 pm »
For me, I just like the clarity we are at least somewhat getting.  Before, it was just "hope the silence means they are working on it."  At least now we know they are working on it, so I feel a lot better.

I don't really mind waiting, but only if I know something will actually happen...

I didnt mind waiting for it to be written. Now that its done been written, I'm more impatient, but I'll at least agree that its nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, flickering as it may be.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

kellykellhus

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 10:02:16 pm »

For me, just knowing they've gotten and acknowledged our messages/mini campaign is good news in itself, at least they know Bakker has a core loyal & rabid fanbase. Big thanks to Bolivar and everyone else who was in on this.