[TV Spoilers] Game of Thrones (S8) [Warning: Open Spoilers]

• 251 Replies

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2017, 01:26:47 pm »
Martin always says that his goal is achieve some bitter-sweet ending like LOTR - but with more blood and death I suppose.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2017, 02:08:18 pm »
Martin always says that his goal is achieve some bitter-sweet ending like LOTR - but with more blood and death I suppose.

Unfortunate, I was kind of hoping the Night King just wins...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2017, 02:13:19 pm »

Unfortunate, I was kind of hoping the Night King just wins...

Me too, so I think we will be very very disappointed.
Well, I could survive if Jon & Dany have a grisly death, yes, they can save the fucking world but, please, death has to come spiraling down over them.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2017, 06:13:34 am »
Caught up, finally. Disliked episode 2 but liked 3 well enough. Pretty excited to see some real action in the next one.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2017, 11:51:00 am »
Caught up, finally. Disliked episode 2 but liked 3 well enough. Pretty excited to see some real action in the next one.

Indeed.

I'm really looking forward to the Dondarrion, Hound, Snow et al. expedition beyond the wall hinted at in one of the teasers.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2017, 11:54:01 am »
Teleporting, teleporting everywhere.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2017, 11:57:27 am »

Indeed.

I'm really looking forward to the Dondarrion, Hound, Snow et al. expedition beyond the wall hinted at in one of the teasers.

Episode 7 probably, haha.  I don't know though...

I have my doubts (no, I didn't look up any spoilers though) that the next episode will see any real pick-up in action though.  More pieces placed (instantaneously, of course), I'd think, Arya (getting to Winterfell), Hound (getting to the Wall), and Jamie (back to King's Landing).
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2017, 12:14:01 pm »

Indeed.

I have my doubts (no, I didn't look up any spoilers though) that the next episode will see any real pick-up in action though.  More pieces placed (instantaneously, of course), I'd think, Arya (getting to Winterfell), Hound (getting to the Wall), and Jamie (back to King's Landing).

Well, by any kind of seemingly standard studio logic - since they aren't using all that extra money on every episode - "mid-season" episode and the second last or last episode should be fucking huge...

(Please, HBO, don't get complacent. Martin has been an amazing screenwriter since the 90s and while he gave you a boost, you need to not fuck this up... for the sake of unborn SFF adaptations everywhere!)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 12:42:19 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2017, 03:49:30 pm »

Indeed.

Well, by any kind of seemingly standard studio logic - since they aren't using all that extra money on every episode - "mid-season" episode and the second last or last episode should be fucking huge...

(Please, HBO, don't get complacent. Martin has been an amazing screenwriter since the 90s and while he gave you a boost, you need to not fuck this up... for the sake of unborn SFF adaptations everywhere!)
Tbh, they already fucked it up long ago. Most people who just watch the TV series with no knowledge of the books already like it anyway. So, HBO can never lose the bulk of it's fan base, whatever they do.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2017, 07:30:52 pm »
Sad but fucking true.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2017, 07:32:38 pm »
Damn the less discerning tastes of the TV fandom!
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2017, 02:50:59 pm »
E4 leaked as that huge HBO hack is still playing out.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »
Holy fuck!

Honestly, this has been one of my favorite episodes in a long time. Easily the best episode this season, probably one of the best episodes of GOT over the past couple seasons.

So many great character reunions a la TUC.

I won't spoil anything for any one but I will say Arya is a fucking BAMF and a scene with her and...

(click to show/hide)

Otherwise, Khaleesi!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 04:08:36 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2017, 05:02:11 pm »
Yeah saw it had leaked, also saw people saying it was a great episode. Also clicked that spoiler for no good reason either.

My own brain just sabotaging me with that click.

Littlefinger has no chance now, Bran is seemingly omniscient and once Arya finds out what he has been up to she'll just "fook him oop" to quote Conor McGregor lol.

I'll go watch the episode later.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2017, 05:38:49 pm »
Can anybody PM me a link?  My Yar skills seems to be down :( .
Edit: Ok, I got the link now. Thanks User who shall not be named!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 05:44:17 pm by Redeagl »