• 35 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:12 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Yeah - I think that Kellhus does say that, which I've taken as simply a manipulation on the part of Kellhus.

But I wonder...would Gilgaol not appreciate the carnage and success of the Holy War wrought by Kellhus?

Nice thoughts on "Triskele."  Yeah, it's taken from Wolfe for sure.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:20 pm »
Quote from: Madness
"I come before, when Men have need of warlike strength. Of all the Hundred Gods, far-striking Gilgaol burns brightest in me, but not so bright as He burned within Coithus Athjeari, son of Asilda, daughter of Eryeat, King of the Galeoth" (TTT, p297).

Athjeari was the shit. RIP... but probably not in Earwa.

"In the Higarata, the collection of subsidiary writings that form the scriptural core of the Cults, Gilgaol is depicted as harsh and sceptical of Men, continually demanding proof of worth from those who would follow him" (TTT Glossary, p559).

I'm sure Cnaiur would have attracted Gilgaol. Same with the Captain, if he wasn't a Ciphrang (I had him pegged for Gilgaol's avatar after TJE).

Ah whimsy :).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:27 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
@ Triskele
I think it's fairly clear that Kellhus' has been taking the souls that would have gone to hundred in the outside and binding them to TTT. 
"So much stolen..."
Thus all the gods are pissed, because their source of power, or 'nourishment' for their minidimensions, has slowed to a trickle.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:34 pm »
Based on Madness' quote from TTT...it sounds like Gilgaol believes that measure is unceasing. 

Curethan - You're not talking about the afterlife, right?  You're just saying that more living people are paying attention to Kellhus rather than the Hundred?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:46 pm »
Totally talking about the afterlife.  Kellhus has rewritten scripture.  When his adherants die, they reach for whatever he tells them to.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:53 pm »
Totally talking about the afterlife.  Kellhus has rewritten scripture.  When his adherants die, they reach for whatever he tells them to.

Kellhus claims he has rewritten scripture.  Or rather, he has rewritten scripture but does the metaphysical world actually answer to it?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 04:08:59 pm »
Going from what Psatma says, if you reach for her as you die, you end up in her afterlife.
Somewhere else she talks about why the gods are making war of Kellhus - it's because of his 'stealing' the souls that were otherwise bound for their outside dimensions.

There are countless references to the way Kellhus binds the souls of the worldborn to himself.  Why would the gods care otherwise; he hasn't outlawed the cults, but he has made huge inroads on the individual souls of their followers. 

Maybe TTT has its own minidimension forged from the souls of the dead at Shimeh.  Or maybe Kellhus is simply 'polluting' the spice (souls) that flow to the hundred.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:22 pm »
If Kellhus is achieving his own degree of desire in the Outside, then Moenghus the Elder certainly did when the Cishaurim, including his Sect, died at Shimeh :)...

I constantly wonder at the relationship between the mundane and the metaphysical in this series.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:31 pm »
Quote from: Galbrod
If Kellhus is gradually harbouring more and more souls it would be interesting if there would be a decrease in the number of newborn (parallelling the first apocalypse)? Perhaps the difference between the first and second apocalypse is that the first apocalypse closure of the passage of souls (the no-god) was the result by consult machination, while the second apocalypse closure of the passage of souls is the result of worldborn adherants volontarily reaching for Kellhus when they die?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:39 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
It is possible, Galbrod, but I doubt.

Kellhus isn't really interrupting the flow of souls in the same way that the No-God did. The problem is not that he is collecting souls and preventing them from reaching the outside, like the No-God, but rather he is just keeping souls from grasping for the Hundred after they dies.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:46 pm »
It is possible, Galbrod, but I doubt.

Kellhus isn't really interrupting the flow of souls in the same way that the No-God did. The problem is not that he is collecting souls and preventing them from reaching the outside, like the No-God, but rather he is just keeping souls from grasping for the Hundred after they dies.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2013, 04:09:55 pm »
That would be a great reversal.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2013, 04:10:03 pm »
Indeed. Though, we don't know he's taken the role of saviour, especially as he might already be a False Prophet. PON might very well be a Crusade of the Damned.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »
Love that idea too. Said it elsewhere but, the Ordeal fighting for the right to its own damnation.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 11:37:01 am »
That Ajokli's cult is hated by other cults--another Inchoroi addition to the Tusk?  Do they see Ajokli as an enemy?  While we're at it, who the hell knows what is true-tusk and false?  Inchoroi could have put lots in.  Injunctions against witches keeps the number of light-spitters at 50% capacity for easier domination.