Finally Registered

• 4 Replies

Viridius

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: July 22, 2016, 09:22:28 pm »
Hi all,

I've lurked here a long time & finally decide to join in. I'm in the UK; after a wait of five years (was it really that long?) I purchased TGO from Amazon in the US.

It didn't disappoint! Phew! Now it's another year to go to The Unholy Consult. Argh.

“Answers are a perilous grip on the universe. They can appear sensible yet explain nothing.”

-- The Zensunni Whip

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 11:50:50 pm »
Great to have you, Viridius. What made you decide to register?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Viridius

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:15:01 am »
Hi!

After all these years I wanted to join in discussion a bit.

I also have some ideas about what we might consider in or "out-of -universe." ie To what extent is RSB describing a reality which we are assumed to accept on face value - that this medieval world view is the nature of Earwan reality? & to what extent are such  assumptions (on our part) false?

Hell & damnation are famous in Earth history for being conceptual tools for instance, rather than certainties. Useful for social control & mental slavery for instance. The Inverse Fire catalysed a revolution.

RSB says "morality is objective," but if he doesn't believe that about our world, which I guess is so, then is it necessarily true on Earwa or throughout the Earwan universe? Does he just mean "morality is objective" for these people at this time? How can morality be built into the nature of reality? It is a common pre-modern world view here on Earth & it is still a reality for many I'm sure, but I've never been able to see how that is supposed to work outside of some kind of speculative mytho-religious framework.

Hopefully I'll flesh out my ideas sometime.
“Answers are a perilous grip on the universe. They can appear sensible yet explain nothing.”

-- The Zensunni Whip

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Viridius :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 05:19:56 pm »
Hi all,

I've lurked here a long time & finally decide to join in. I'm in the UK; after a wait of five years (was it really that long?) I purchased TGO from Amazon in the US.

It didn't disappoint! Phew! Now it's another year to go to The Unholy Consult. Argh.

WELCOME VIRIDIUS! I FEEL LIKE I KNOW WHO THAT IS IN THE PIC BY UR NAME, BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER...