• 142 Replies

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« on: September 11, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »
"Who are the Dunyain?"

Men.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 08:47:12 pm »
I'd argue that they're most of the way towards being a new hominid species actually. They demonstrate more genetic incompatibility with Homo sapiens than a lot of other organisms considered separate species show for each other.

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:44:53 am »
I'd argue that they're most of the way towards being a new hominid species actually. They demonstrate more genetic incompatibility with Homo sapiens than a lot of other organisms considered separate species show for each other.

You are referring to all of Kellhus' other... attempted baby mommas who all died/failed to produce offspring?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 12:24:56 pm »

You are referring to all of Kellhus' other... attempted baby mommas who all died/failed to produce offspring?
And Moenghus, yes.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:23:24 pm »

So says the text!  Could it be that Kellhus is having all kinds of kids in secret?????  And Moenghus too!  All this business about a seed being too strong to bear, a ruse!

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 08:22:40 pm »
The Dunyain are the people with enough patience to wait for the next goddamn book.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:07:07 am »

Francis Buck

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 11:27:46 pm »
Interesting, though I still think at least initially that the word came from Dúnedain.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 11:46:03 pm »
Solitary God = Absolute.

The Dûnyain have been inadvertently worshiping the Fanim God all along.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 03:46:34 pm »
"Dûnyain" always struck me as coming from "Dune" with some extra syllables thrown in to make it sound non-Western.
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2015, 08:22:41 am »
Interesting, though I still think at least initially that the word came from Dúnedain.
This was my thought as well. Kellhus is a terrible twisted version of Aragorn, in a way.

Solitary God = Absolute.

The Dûnyain have been inadvertently worshiping the Fanim God all along.
Wouldn't it be more correct to say the Fanim have been worshiping the Dunyain conception of the Absolute inadvertently? The Dunyain are older than the Fanim.

And Moenghus, yes.
Cnaiur's mother must have been a truly rare woman. Moenghus fathered a seemingly healthy son by her, though he was long gone by the time it was born, and likely didn't even know she was pregnant. Of course then Cnaiur's mother and the child were killed for being contaminated by Moenghus.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 05:50:51 am »
How about the Dunyain are keepers of the Kelmomian prophecy?  Set us to ensure both the survival of the Anasaurimbor line and that the harbinger of the Second Apocalypse would be capable in every way possible.  This brings up an interesting question: why was Moenghus exiled to begin with??
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 05:55:45 am »
We really don't know. It's pretty unlikely Kellhus was telling the true story when he explained it to Cnaiur.

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 08:51:23 pm »
We don't even know if moe was exiled to begin with.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 09:51:30 pm »
How about the Dunyain are keepers of the Kelmomian prophecy?  Set us to ensure both the survival of the Anasaurimbor line and that the harbinger of the Second Apocalypse would be capable in every way possible.  This brings up an interesting question: why was Moenghus exiled to begin with??

I think they’re the “keepers of the Celmomian prophecy,” but without actually knowing it.