• 6 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 02, 2013, 02:44:43 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Bakker just announced the opening of Rscottbakker.com in a latest post at TPB.

We (the forum) are featured under the fan resources and on the contact page :D.

Fingers crossed that this helps to explode the man's sales. Especially, Disciple and any other vehicle for Bakker's stand-alone ideas. And while I'm Christmas wishing SF epic after TSA would be sweet - depending on how Earwa's narrative eventually scratches my SF itch.

Cheers.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:01 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
lol "I'd rather be right than ugly" leads to a donation page and all it says is "karma baby... ". Thats great

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:14 pm »
Lol, "rich than ugly." That is actually too cool. Looks, like I'll be getting myself a paypal account. Give Bakker an allowance ;). There should be a social return to artist sponsorship and patronage.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:22 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Well, I gave my input over at TPB. Anyone else think such sites basically get returning visitors if they have some sort of bloggy type news feed?

Otherwise it's a static site - why come back when it's going to be exactly the same?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:38 pm »
I'd agree, Callan. Moving parts are like shining objects.

Even something like a feed of the last five blog titles.

Though, it does provide concrete exposure to search engines and provides two immediate ways to support the author, the donation button and actually purchasing the books. I don't think anyone can suggest that not having that net depot is better then having it.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:47 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Does anyone have any actual insight as to whether this is likely to give any kind of sales bump?  I'm rooting for him, but who knows.

I've always also wondered if the success of Game of Thrones will have some long term impact.  More and more folks keep reading ASOIAF and then perhaps more and more folks as the "What else?" question and some of them inevitably find Second Apocalypse.  At least one can hope.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:45:56 pm »
I think its likely. A statistical rule like the more simple, the more likely is probable - the now hundred and eighty members (:)) of this forum cannot represent the demographic for publishing and translation across, I think, seventeen languages at last count. Though, we are the pith. The easier it is for people to buy things, after all... least Bakker might make them think twice about the next things they buy.

The domain name will consolidate certain portions of the Bakker demographic and new readers who aren't interested in TPB or our fledgling noosphere here at Second Apocalypse. http://www.rscottbakker.com is the quick and dirty for all things Bakker. Traffic stats probably tell a more specific story, as you weren't necessarily asking for social guesswork.

Lol, I'll damn well be contributing to our future Bakker readings. I mean, I buy Bakker books every chance I get, usually to replace the copies I consistently lend out. There's no more direct impact on his ability to write than a dedicated readership willing to spend our time (money) to have our minds blown by nurturing his ideas. That'll make a dent, at least ;).

It'd be neat to make a mind-map, Trisk. Anyone know of a place to make a mindmap project that we can all contribute to and edit without registering individually? Perhaps, the projects get passwords?