• 64 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 05:10:01 pm »

But perhaps he learned from Maithanet, since he also knows that Moenghus is a bigger threat than Kellhus at that point.

How does Aurang know that Kellhus is the bigger threat? There is literally zero textual evidence that outside of Kellhus the Consult even knows anything about the Dunyâin.
I meant Moenghus:

Cnaiür spat, turned to the plate of the Meneanor, to the great finger of moonlight that divided its black back. “And the Dûnyain?”
“We need him to find the other …Moënghus. He’s the greater threat.”

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That's in TTT, right? And Cnaüir gives that info to Aurang right?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 09:27:30 pm »
So the cishaurim kellhus beheaded was either dunyain or moenghus' son. I lean to dunyain, because of the bits in thousand fold thought about kell and moe being functionally clones.
 (Given celmomas dreams in aspect emperor, probably all grown from his preserved seed.)

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 10:18:18 am »
So the cishaurim kellhus beheaded was either dunyain or moenghus' son. I lean to dunyain, because of the bits in thousand fold thought about kell and moe being functionally clones.
 (Given celmomas dreams in aspect emperor, probably all grown from his preserved seed.)

I'd go even further, if one assumes Moe's playing a bigger role. I'd say the body was Dunyain (hence why it took Kellhus being face to face to recognise it wasn't Moe) but the soul was not, IF Moe is going to pull a soul switch he practiced.

to pull it back a bit though. The text does imply that the Cishaurim looks just like Kell (and Moe) but younger. Mixed in with how many sons does Moe(edit said Maitha by mistake) have, why he(maitha) was wearing cheap dye on his beard etc.  I also think Maitha warning when he dies is to tell his "brothers" just doesn't get the plural out.

Also Kellhus "scans" him and the read he gets is "purpose" which lends itself to Dunyain as well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:06:18 pm by themerchant »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:55 pm »
“How did you find me?”
“We see you. All of us.” Behind the man, the smoke rising from the Citadel opened like a great velvet rose.
“Us?”
“All of us who serve him—the Possessors of the Third Sight.”
Him … Father. He controlled a faction within the Cishaurim …

I feel like Kellhus is incorrect here.  Possessors of the Third Sight is said to refer to all Cishaurim, so what he would be saying is all that serve the Solitary God, not Moe.

I'm not sure what the broader implication would be though.  That the Solitary God guides them to help Kellhus as well?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2016, 05:51:07 pm »
Ah, the 5 sons of moenghus. solves another one there, cut down by one of his others. I think thats all of them, i hope we dont find any more through this slog or I'll have to figure out another theory lol.

Preserved seed is a very probably way of maintaining a genetically diverse stock of people with limited mating partner choices, ie Ishual.
But with that, they can't technically be clones if they are 'made' that way. Just brothers. I think the functionally clones bit stems from identical rearing, which they would be intentionally doing to blot out all the messy nature stuff they can't breed away.

"Just say no to soul swapping" - Anonymous.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:54:06 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 06:05:12 pm »
Can you point me in the direction of the "5 sons of Moe" please? Not heard about that, is it a theory, sounds interesting.

cheers in advance.

EDIT: Google and got some weirdly formatted version which i'll attempt to read :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 06:09:17 pm by themerchant »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 06:14:23 pm »

"Just say no to soul swapping" - Anonymous.

Nah, the scene in TGO where Akka dreams about seeing a soul swap through multiple bodies is preparing us for more swapping souls. ;)

Kellhus, like a master magician, is going to swap everyone soul and body about to confuse the WLW.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 06:18:35 pm »
Can you point me in the direction of the "5 sons of Moe" please? Not heard about that, is it a theory, sounds interesting.

cheers in advance.

EDIT: Google and got some weirdly formatted version which i'll attempt to read :)

Moenghus the Elder's (Other) Children
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 07:40:27 pm »

cheers in advance.

Moenghus the Elder's (Other) Children

cheers :)

EDIT: Oh man i love seeing 7 pages of previously unknown speculation , like Akka in the Saerotic(sp?) library.

seems i did read it 6 months ago oh well.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:50:18 pm by themerchant »

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 07:52:15 pm »
Lol. Oh, themerchant ;).

Wilshire and I reflect on our words forgotten here often.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:50 pm »
Re: google's weirdly formatted

Seems google has odd archive links. While unfortunate, if you go down to the bottom and click "see full version" you can get to the page.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Odium

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 03:37:16 pm »
I don't know if it's been suggested before - hell, it might have been Locke's initial insinuation from his post further up this page, but the idea that the Dunyain are all grown from Celmomas' seed would solve the problem of the Dunyain women.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 05:36:14 pm »
That’s a lot of seed man...

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »

I don't know if it's been suggested before - hell, it might have been Locke's initial insinuation from his post further up this page, but the idea that the Dunyain are all grown from Celmomas' seed would solve the problem of the Dunyain women.
not my idea, someone else's, I am propagating it everywhere I can though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 12:16:30 pm »
So, I have been sick with a stomach virus, so I am behind here, but what do we make of this line:

“My Nascenti … Tell them to show you what lies in the garden.”
“What? What lies in the garden?”

Have I just missed what this refers to?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira