• 140 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:15:52 pm »
Figured I'd start at thread where am lover of NFL can congregate and talk trash. Ill begin.

Been a Washington Redkins fan all my life. We had some good years when I was young. Williams and our offense destroyed the Broncos (Gary Clark WR, one of my favorite skins ever. Great game. Beating Buffalo with the great QB Mark Rypien (that's sarcasm, hope you got it.).

Then well its been a downhill slide since then. Multiple Coaches, Players, Overpaid Veteran players and just horrible front office decisions.

Now, we have Cousins, who'll we'll probably lose, because we paid the man. He's the only reason we stay in game. We have a ton of injuries. Should've paid Cousins last year, I pray he stays, because when we're healthy, we have the ability to be a playoff team, with a couple pieces, a contender.

So, introduce yourself and team. And, tell us your joyous years (fuck you Pats fans), or you're miserable or middling years of football fandom.

I think if Wentz didn't go down, Eagles would be would've represented the NFC. Its more open now, but I think Foles can get the job done. Thats a talented team.

AFC, Pats. Enough said. Though I hope they get blasted by someone in the playoffs. Though, as much as I hate Brady, he's a football god.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:30:27 pm »
Go Bucs!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:35:02 pm »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
Go Bucs!

Not looking to good for them Bucs..

No story as to how your fandom came about. Your highs, your lows, what you look for in the future.

Hell, I meant this as a place just to bullshit about football.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 08:53:27 pm »
That scant reply was to be funny given you spilled your heart out for the Redskins ... nevermind.

Big Buccaneer fan, been a Tampa native for 45 years now. Dolphins were my first favorite team when I was a young boy in New York ( upstate ). We used to flip football cards and Bob Griese was the first card I won ( no kidding, 1972 season - of course it's long gone now, LOL - could be worthless card, don't know ), so Dolphins were coincidentally my first favorite team even though we hadn't considered moving to Florida yet - so I love both teams. Dan Marino never winning the big dance was painful.

Watching the Bucs win a Super Bowl was one of the funnest times of my life - the party with my brothers was a blast and forever will love that team. It's been painful as of late, really painful given the talent we sport, but suffer a poor record. Time for the owners to look at themselves in the mirror and realize they are the problem.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 08:56:47 pm by TaoHorror »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 09:05:35 pm »
I've been a Jets fan my whole life.  Used to go watch them practice on Long Island as a kid too.  Liking the Jets have taught me well to never expect anything good and always be pleasantly surprised if anything but the worst happens.

Seriously though, the Jets are always some amount of bad.  Maybe not-so-bad at times, but they are pretty much guaranteed to somehow manage to lose games.  In fact, they are probably one of the top 5 worst-run sports teams in the United States.

All I really care about is someone just beating the damn Patriots though.  Hate the Patriots so much, it's so gross how teams give games away to them.  The best moment of every NFL season is the part where the Patriots are eliminated.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 09:10:10 pm »
You know, it's funny, Bucs were laughing stock of all of sports being the losingest franchise in sports history ( a fact, at least in US history ), but I remember going to games in High School and not even having to pay for a ticket ( scalpers would just give them away once the game started ). I got to see the 85 championship Bears for a small amount of money ( they annihilated us, of course, but still got to see them ). It was really cool being a poor kid seeing so many professional football games, sitting where ever I wanted to. It was good times in light of us being so terrible with more than 1/2 the stands filled with opposing team's colors.

Our coach, John McKay, had perhaps the funniest come back comment to a reporter ever ... he was asked abut the Bucs execution and he replied he was in favor of it.

I remember legendary Jets/Dolphins games in the 80's ... the scores would be like 55 - 49, like the defenses just stayed home, those were awesome.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 09:28:16 pm »
H. Jets have really surprised me this year. And, they've actually been quite competent. Good D. Decent O-Line. Just think if they had a decent QB, with a few weapons around him. And, hell yea, I'm for any team facing the Pats. Though I do respect what the Pats have built, a true dynasty.

TaoHorror, at least you won a SB in this century, your not allowed to co.plain about losing. I don't understand their record. They have plenty of offensive weapons, maybe a bad D (don't watch them much)? But, Jameson is a elite QB and they have pieces to build around. Us put their woes to coaching or front office.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 10:08:09 pm »
H. Jets have really surprised me this year. And, they've actually been quite competent. Good D. Decent O-Line. Just think if they had a decent QB, with a few weapons around him. And, hell yea, I'm for any team facing the Pats. Though I do respect what the Pats have built, a true dynasty.

+1

TaoHorror, at least you won a SB in this century, your not allowed to co.plain about losing. I don't understand their record. They have plenty of offensive weapons, maybe a bad D (don't watch them much)? But, Jameson is a elite QB and they have pieces to build around. Us put their woes to coaching or front office.

Exactly, we don't have an excuse for our poor record. I'm putting blame on the owners, we don't have a culture of winning with the team. We should have swagger for how much offensive talent we have. The Defense is an enigma - at times they shine bright, other times dull ... bizarre, can't get my head around it. It seems to me we have the talent to be a playoff team at the very least, if not outright a SB winner.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 10:20:52 pm »
Exactly, we don't have an excuse for our poor record. I'm putting blame on the owners, we don't have a culture of winning with the team. We should have swagger for how much offensive talent we have. The Defense is an enigma - at times they shine bright, other times dull ... bizarre, can't get my head around it. It seems to me we have the talent to be a playoff team at the very least, if not outright a SB winner.

I agree 100! Penty of talent on that team. Id say with a coaching change, hence a culture change, Bucs could contenders. I don't know about SB champs, maybe in a few years.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 11:40:19 am »

Honestly that has been the Jet's story for years and years.  Even when they had a decent QB, they still found a way to squander all the talent.  Then, of course, Pennington was simply just not built to take NFL hits without getting injured, unfortunately.  The Jets aren't the Browns though, they aren't thoroughly terrible, but they are always just middling.  Rarely bad enough to get a great draft pick, rarely good enough to do more than steal some wins.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 03:16:31 pm »

All I really care about is someone just beating the damn Patriots though.  Hate the Patriots so much, it's so gross how teams give games away to them.  The best moment of every NFL season is the part where the Patriots are eliminated.

As a fan of the former St. Louis Rams, I second the Patriots hate. Like MSJ, I respect them as an organization and a great team with talented players, but I will never root for them. And it is always good to see them lose.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 03:19:48 pm »
Appears we don't have any Bostonian Bakker fans ... nobody from the New England area of USA lurking in these forums?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 05:53:19 pm »
Appears we don't have any Bostonian Bakker fans ... nobody from the New England area of USA lurking in these forums?

Oh, there here. Just waiting to see if the Pats win it all before their fandom begins.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 07:26:00 pm »
Quote from:  BFK
As a fan of the former St. Louis Rams, I second the Patriots hate. Like MSJ, I respect them as an organization and a great team with talented players, but I will never root for them. And it is always good to see them lose.

So, who's your team now? I live in WV=no pro sports teams. So, I can't understand how it would feel to have your team move away. Around here, most people like the Skins, Steelers, Cowboys and your usual front runners who have a different team every 3 years. So, who ya root for now?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:39:57 pm by MSJ »

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 07:38:20 pm »
I've always rooted for the Kansas City Chiefs as well, since St. Louis was without an NFL team from 1987 to 1995 (more or less). My dad, my brothers and I used to drive up to KC once a year for a game. Great memories.....
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson