"Name That Comic!" ..... The CONTEST!!

• 41 Replies

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« on: April 28, 2017, 03:19:23 pm »
Hey, Redeagl (and any other interested Forum members), I need a good name for the comedian delivering this classic routine. As originally written, I used my own moniker, but the talented, albeit quite profane, performer deserves an Eärwan name.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 03:22:53 pm »
The only defining characteristic I've given my comedian is that he's not a rustic and not a Northerner. Maybe a Nansurian Empire subject? If so, I've got a possible name in my back pocket. Regardless....... I am starting a......

*** CONTEST!!! ***

Yes, I'm putting out an OPEN CALL for submissions to "Name That Comic!". If a winner emerges, the prize will be an evening of unlimited Paper Planes! Unfortunately, you must either travel to St. Louis to collect, or corral me at a future TSA meet-up. But the offer is good. If you don't like Paper Planes.....perhaps a substitute can be conjured up. The tap water in St. Louis is particularly good.

GOOD LUCK!!!
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 04:03:24 pm »
Zöreius Öenghûs. Anasûrimbor Ikurei. Morngarüs  Bellhus.
I am horrible at naming.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 08:11:48 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:45:25 pm »
Zöreius Öengûs. Anasûrimbor Ikurei. Morngarüs  Bellhus.
I am horrible at naming.
The first name is crazy, and you know I like crazy, Red. An Anasürimbor comic? Unlikely. The third name.....also a possible hit. Keep 'em coming. You'll get there. With your affinity for puns, it's only a matter of time.

Here's a secondary consideration: He has to have a name that shortens to a one- or two-syllable nickname. Like "Beard" or "Akka" or "Zin". (God, I miss that guy.... :'() So, Zöreius could shorten to "Zory! Zory!". That is an early contender, Red.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 04:54:25 pm by Beardfisher King »

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 04:56:43 pm »
I'm really digging Zöreius Öenghûs. Might be a short contest....

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 04:58:41 pm »
Hey, maybe RSB will steal Zöreius for the final TSA series! That would be outstanding!

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 08:13:25 pm »
Zöreius Öengûs. Anasûrimbor Ikurei. Morngarüs  Bellhus.
I am horrible at naming.
The first name is crazy, and you know I like crazy, Red. An Anasürimbor comic? Unlikely. The third name.....also a possible hit. Keep 'em coming. You'll get there. With your affinity for puns, it's only a matter of time.

Here's a secondary consideration: He has to have a name that shortens to a one- or two-syllable nickname. Like "Beard" or "Akka" or "Zin". (God, I miss that guy.... :'() So, Zöreius could shorten to "Zory! Zory!". That is an early contender, Red.
Glad you liked it. I miss Xinemus too  :( :'(
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »
I like the name Zöreius Öenghûs so much that I'm thinking of changing MY name to that. My REAL WORLD name.....
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:18:41 pm by Beardfisher King »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 08:33:36 pm »
You could be a survivor of the first holy war so folk calll you "Veteran"
In fact you could be the guy that shouts out "nay i'm an asshole"as a reply to "are you a heathen" when the Holy war is crossing the Sempsis, causing everyone to laugh.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 09:54:43 pm »
You could be a survivor of the first holy war so folk calll you "Veteran"
In fact you could be the guy that shouts out "nay i'm an asshole"as a reply to "are you a heathen" when the Holy war is crossing the Sempsis, causing everyone to laugh.
I think my comic could possibly be that guy! Have to mull that over.....he might be the type of "Veteran" that never seemed to be near the action.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »
So is it official?  Holy Veteran Zöreius Öenghûs the Comic.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2017, 10:16:52 pm »
I will keep submissions open until one week from today. Deadline is 10:00pm GMT, Friday, May 5, 2017. Cinco de Mayo!

But you are the leader in the clubhouse, Redeagl. Zöreius, aka "Z. O.", aka "Zory", aka "The Big O", will be VERY hard to beat.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 01:44:05 am »
Sounds like Zoro. Will he wear a black hat?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 02:07:20 am »
Or the guy who shouts "dinner time" and causes the ranks to disolve in TGO when the Great Ordeal bum rush the horde.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 03:56:21 am »
Or the guy who shouts "dinner time" and causes the ranks to disolve in TGO when the Great Ordeal bum rush the horde.
No, Merch, unfortunately, I've written the routine from the perspective of a comedian who is NOT part of the Great Ordeal.  The "dinner time" guy has a post-war career in front of him, should he survive.
Sounds like Zoro. Will he wear a black hat?
Wilshire, I honestly haven't thought about "Zorro's" stage attire. But you may have nailed the nickname, should Zöreius win this lunatic contest.