H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2018, 11:40:20 am »
I love that it's the last game of the weekend, hopefully it's an epic matchup.

Well, it certainly was that...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2018, 06:15:21 pm »
For posterity. The better QB thinking is Bill Simmons. He is my all-time favorite sports writer. I do tend to agree with him though. This year it can obviously be thrown out the window. Unless, what we're seeing is the old guard getting passed by the new.

Saints vs Vikings, I watched. Great game and wow what an ending. I never knew that Keenum was 2nd in the league for QBR. So, maybe he was the better QB. But, I think that last play was a combination of a good play, good throw and catch and more than a little luck. I don't mind seeing Vikings advance and they'll be who I'm rooting for the rest of the way. The Purple People Eaters!

I missed a great game between Jags and Steelers. Which again, maybe Bortles has developed into a way better QB than Bortles of the past 2-3 years. Tom Coughlin could have a good deal to do with that. I'm rooting for them to take down the Pats with all my heart.

Hey, and there is a reason i don't gamble, take it easy on a fellow. I'm looking at you Tao!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2018, 10:33:57 pm »
Hey, and there is a reason i don't gamble, take it easy on a fellow. I'm looking at you Tao!

Great respect for you, sir! And you ( inadvertently? ) introduce a potential omen ... Patriots 2 SB loses were to the Coughlin led Giants, and now he's head of football operations for the Jags ... could be ...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:39:02 pm by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 16, 2018, 12:06:14 am »
Quote from:  TaoHorror
Great respect for you, sir! And you ( inadvertently? ) introduce a potential omen ... Patriots 2 SB loses were to the Coughlin led Giants, and now he's head of football operations for the Jags ... could be ...

Thank you, utmost respect for you also. Yes, it is an omen, one I'm fond of. Because, well, FUCK THE PATRIOTS!!!!!

I'm throwing all of the Mr. Simmons gambling rules out the window(in all honesty it wouldn't have changed my picks, I thought Saints was the hot team). Now, I'm going with who I want to win. Viking over Eagles and Jags over Patriots. With the Purple Peope Eaters winning the Super Bowl.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 16, 2018, 12:17:12 am »
My picks:

Eagles over Vikings
Jags over Pats ( make yourself comfortable  ;D )

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 16, 2018, 11:04:36 am »
I like the Vikings over the Eagles.

I'd love for the Jaguars to beat the Patriots, but I just don't see it happening.  Really hope I am wrong though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Frail

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2018, 03:21:19 am »
aww thats kinda cute jags going to play pats, hope they make it somewhat challenging

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2018, 02:30:22 pm »
aww thats kinda cute jags going to play pats, hope they make it somewhat challenging

Wouldn't be the first time NFL outcomes have surprised me. I've accepted ciphrang MSJ to take up residence in my mind, so going with the Jags. I'm good with it, MSJ - enjoy yourself, pulling my strings.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2018, 09:10:31 pm »
I'm 3-5 following Simmons rule #1 of playoff betting, don't fucking listen to me!!!!

Anyhow, as I said, in picking who I want to win.

In all honesty, I see fucking pretty-boy, vegan eating, sleeps 12 hours a day, cheating, got a hot ass wife (excuse me ladies), will be up there with confetti with his perfect teeth talking about how just one play at a time man, one game at a time. And, ill feel like cracking those teeth through the TV, will hoist the Lombardi Trophy. And, I would not be the least bit surprised. I'm just rooting for the teams.left is like to see win a SB.

This isn't Ciphrang MSJ, TAO. This is me, I suck at picking winners. I should follow my gut (which I did with the Saints, and they lost on the only last play of the 4th in NFL playoff history.), and my pick would be been slightly different. Nothing major though

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2018, 09:32:45 pm »
Oh, Frail, remember who is Consultant for the Jags.....Tom Coughlin. He prowels the sidelines and the film rooms. Who have the Pats lost their 2 SB's too? Coughlin led Giants. And lets be honest, Bortles has shown he is capable of making plays and winning games. He isn't the Bortles of the last two years. Hmmm, I wonder who will be the Jags David Tyree.

Last time Pats fans was this cocky was when you was undefeated. Look how that worked out.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2018, 01:29:46 am »
BFK's Picks for NFL Championship Weekend:

Jaguars upset the Patriots
Vikings over the Eagles
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2018, 02:33:33 am »
This isn't Ciphrang MSJ, TAO.

Yes, I agree, you're not a Ciphrang - was making a joke, you in my head ( Ciphrangs in Kellhus's severed heads ) ... oh, nevermind.

I'm actually picking the Jag's because I think they'll win.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2018, 05:05:12 pm »
Quote from:  Tao
Yes, I agree, you're not a Ciphrang - was making a joke, you in my head ( Ciphrangs in Kellhus's severed heads ) ... oh, nevermind.

I understood you the first time. I was just reiterating that I am not an evil demon making picks for you. Lol

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2018, 06:53:12 pm »

I understood you the first time. I was just reiterating that I am not an evil demon making picks for you. Lol

And an evil demon making picks for me would show his hand?  ;D

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2018, 09:13:18 pm »
And an evil demon making picks for me would show his hand?  ;D

I never told you to follow my lead concerning who to pick. Maybe, you just wanna follow an evil demon.