[TGO SPOILERS] [TUC Spoilers!] Akka's Dreams (MG Teaser #1)

• 34 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 07:05:42 pm »
PG I think that's an assumption a lot of people make, including myself. Might not really be the case though.

LOL I hadn't thought of it any other way until I read .H.'s post above. 

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 07:22:53 pm »
Yeah, I probably took one leap too many with this one, folks.  I was thinking (wrongly) that the No-God closed off the World to the Outside.  But there's no textual justification for that so it's more likely that the No-God is an expedient way of creating the conditions under which the Outside can be shut out.

There's nothing to see here, move along... ;-)
That was my assumption too before this thread. I told myself not to make any pun is any series disscusion thread but... Can I move ashort?
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »
PG I think that's an assumption a lot of people make, including myself. Might not really be the case though.

LOL I hadn't thought of it any other way until I read .H.'s post above. 

Despite more than 10 years ago being pretty sure the No-God was little more than a tool, multiple Bakker posts to the effect, and my persistent thought about it, I never realized the disjunction between that and thinking that the sealing and the No-God were somehow one until I posted that...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 12:54:39 pm »
What could we accomplished with 20 years in this wilderness
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 02:01:46 pm »
What could we accomplished with 20 years in this wilderness

I wonder how many other things are probably somewhat obvious but that we have built on simple misapprehensions and so end up in the wrong place...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira