• 47 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:02 pm »
Quote from: jogrady
Did this for fun and to see what unexpected locations/povs/story lines we could see  in condensed form, please flesh out/add/sub/change completely 

Ch 1         Ishual               ( akka, mira )
Ch 2         Aorsi                ( great ordeal)
Ch 3         Demua Mnts.      (sora, moe, serw)
Ch 4         Momemn            ( esse, fnyal, wlw)
Ch 5         Ishual               (akka, mira, dunyain)
Ch 6         Dagliash             ( ordeal, sranc, consult, nonmen, dunyain)
Ch 7         Injor Niyas          ( sora, moe, serw, consult, nonmen)
Ch 8         Momemn             ( esse, fnyal, zeum, wlw)
Ch 9         1000 1000 Halls   (akka, mira, nonman, dunyain)
Ch 10       Jiunati *             (tribes)
Ch 11       Dagliash             (primetime players)
Ch 12       Ishterebinth        (akka,mira,dunyain, sora, moe, serw,consult nonmen)
Ch 13       Dagliash            (primetime players)
Ch 14       Ishterebinth        (akka,mira,dunyain, sora, moe, serw,consult nonmen)
Ch 15      Agongorea           (all players, scylvendi)
Ch 16      Momemn              ( esse, fnyal, zeum, wlw)

Interlude 1 The Outside
Interlude 2 Nogaral

Interlude 3  Nail of Heaven     (ship)
Interlude 4  Eanna                (tribes)

Do those remaining in the south(empire,fanim,zeum,wlw,psftma) unite or war? entrench or march?
Do we get into the Ark? don't think so, 2 more books

*Vanishing Sranc equates to medieval warming period and the Scylvendi explode out of the steppe, but i what direction?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:16 pm »
Quote from: Madness
I'll bite, JG.

We know 1 and 3... and I hazard from the comments on TPB that we are done with Ishual in Ch. 1. Also, I'm going to be outrageous with this:

Ch. 1 - Ishual (Achamian, Mimara, Sarl)
Ch. 2 - Momemn (Fanayal, Malowebi, Meppa, Psatma)
Ch. 3 - Ishterebinth (Serwa, Moenghus, Sorweel, Consult)
Ch. 4 - Aorsi (Zsoronga, Proyas)
Ch. 5 - Momemn (Kelmomas, Esmenet, White-Luck Warrior)
Ch. 6 - Injor-Niyas (Achamian, Mimara, Sarl, Consult)
Ch. 7 - Dagliash (Zsoronga, Proya)
Ch. 8 - Momemn (Fanayal, Malowebi, Meppa, Pstama, Kelmomas, Esmenet, White-Luck Warrior)
Ch. 9 - Isterebinth (Achamian, Mimara, Sorweel, Intact)
Ch. 10 - Isterebinth (Serwa, Moenghus, Consult)
Ch. 11 - Dagliash (Zsronga, Proyas, Kellhus)
Ch. 12 - Momemn (Meppa, Kelmomas, Esmenet)
Ch. 13 - Isterebinth (Consult, Serwa, Moenghus, Achamian, Sorweel, Mimara, Intact)
Ch. 14 - Momemn (Meppa, White-Luck Warrior)
Ch. 15 - Dagliash (Zsronga, Proyas)
Ch. 16 - Dagliash (Zsronga, Proyas, Achamian, Mimara, Sorweel, Intact)
Epilogue - The Ark (Kellhus, Aurang, Shaeonanra)

Interesting comparisons in reflection. Consult at Ishterebinth. Though you expect more out of the Sranc/Scylvendi and the Dunyain than I do.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:25 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
This is fun. Now with half-baked plot speculation!

Ch. 1 - Ishual (mim, akka, sarl) - descriptions of ishual, probably ends with the pair finding a surviving dunyain.
Ch. 2 - Aorsi (zsoronga, proyas, kayutas) - first effects of eating sranc, zsoronga wrestles with his self-loathing, proyas and kellhus talk some more before kell mysteriously disappears, kayutas rouses the sagging spirits of the great ordeal into a glorious march to dagliash
Ch. 3 - Ishteberinth (serwa, moe, sorweel) - dun dun dun plot twists galore, maybe ishte defected to the consult?
Ch. 4 - Momemn (fanayal, meppa, esmi, psatma, wlw) - fanayal being fanayal, meppa reveals the wlw for who he is, esmi finds lil kell, psatma is able to oust him for who he is
Ch. 5 - Dagliash (zsoronga, proyas, mereketrig) - dagliash is a clusterfuck of sranc, bashrag, and consult quya. tons of battle scenes, mereketrig being a gloriously unhinged badass etc.
Ch. 6 - Ishual (mim, akka, dunyain) - mim gives birth (has it been 9 months?), dunyain explain who destroyed ishual, reveal where the heron spear was taken by the scylvendi idk
Ch. 7 - Dagliash (zsoronga, proyas, merektrig, saccarees) - more wintering at dagliash. things get ugly. casualties mount. mandati lead a full-frontal assault on dagliash but are lost in the process. great ordeal marches on
Ch. 8 - Ishual (mim, akka, dunyain) - more thumb twiddling at ishual. akka finds out ordeal is marching through angogorea... somehow... i guess
Ch. 9 - Momemn (fanayal, meppa, esmi, psatma, wlw) - shit gets real in momemn.
Ch. 10 - Agongorea (serwa, moe, sorweel, zsoronga, proyas, kellhus, mereketrig) - more consult resistance, mereketrig and kellhus have their rematch, maybe serwa, moe, and sorweel are revealed to have been taken captive by the consult and are headed to golgotterath?
Ch. 11 - Agongorea (akka, mim, dunyain) - soulless drudging through the wastes. lots of introspective shit. idk
Ch. 12 - Momemn (fanayal, meppa, esmi, yatwer) - someone becomes yatwer's avatar, and someone important dies. flip a coin
Ch. 13 - Agongorea (serwa, moe, sorweel, szoronga, proyas) - moe and serwa grapple with the understanding that their father must have known ishte defected, sorweel wondering how he's gonna pull off some shawhank shit to get out of golgotterath AND slay the aspect-emperor
Ch. 14 - Agongorea (zsoronga, proyas, kayutas) - more morale sagging, more men dying, ends with great ordeal finally seeing golgotterath on the horizon
Ch. 15 - Golgotterath (the whole gang's here, + aurang and aurax) - trademark nasty shit from bakker, full extent of consult's depravity is revealed, dont wanna get flagged by the fbi so use your imagination
Ch. 16 - The Golden Room (kellhus, shaenonanra) - everything is revealed, no-god is resurrected, ???

interlude - suma - inrau faked his death, is revealed to be the mastermind behind everything, did it for the pendulous phallus

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »
Quote from: lockesnow
Ch. 1. descent into Mordor, Akka and Mim make more qirri from Dunyain ashes
Ch. 2. Battle of Helms Deep in Momemn, Fanayal uses gunpowder to blow the Andiamine Heights sewage system open and Meppa literally flushes the little shit Kelmo out by flooding the thing with 'water' and Kelmomas kills Yatwer (hah send a demigod to kill a god, eh) or somehow binds Yatwer's soul to Psatma's body or some combination of the two.
Ch. 3. the test of Sorweel on the Anasurimbor children.  The true meaning of him is revealed as they encounter for the first time a face that does not yield to their manipulations, by hiding so thoroughly his treachery is uncovered, like clicking all the boxes around a mine in minesweeper.
Ch. 4. Battle of Gondor, epic shit happens at Dagliash Mekeritrig makes Kayutas sing for him until he lights himself on fire and throws himself from the heights, the scylvendi are allied with the Consult.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:40 pm »
Quote from: Triskele
Man, sometimes one makes judgments about which threads would be fun without checking them all.  I really should have checked this one earlier!  Awesome. 

I don't have the energy to contribute as much, but I'll throw out a random question:

Are any of you going to try to avoid reading the pages which show the chapters laid out?  I certainly am. 

For example, I don't want to know for certain if we get to the Ark from seeing the table of contents.  I didn't do this last time w/ WLW, and I preferred it that way.  I suspected we'd get to Sauglish, but I had no idea that the Ishual interlude was coming until I got to the end of the book.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:47 pm »
Takes no time to check a thread, Trisk :P.

I've never had an issue not checking the table of contents in fiction novels... It's like those pages don't exist on the fiction I recollect? I wonder how many of my books have them lol.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 05:42:55 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Man, sometimes one makes judgments about which threads would be fun without checking them all.  I really should have checked this one earlier!  Awesome. 

I don't have the energy to contribute as much, but I'll throw out a random question:

Are any of you going to try to avoid reading the pages which show the chapters laid out?  I certainly am. 

For example, I don't want to know for certain if we get to the Ark from seeing the table of contents.  I didn't do this last time w/ WLW, and I preferred it that way.  I suspected we'd get to Sauglish, but I had no idea that the Ishual interlude was coming until I got to the end of the book.

You should just look through all of them like I did, I mean there are only what.... about 3500 posts on this site. How long could it possibly take to read them all? (quite some time, btw, I'd know  :ugeek: )

And I will probably avoid the ToC as well. Though its not something I normally seek out anyway, I'm glad you mentioned it. Should make everything more... memorable. After all, mystery is what gives life meaning (he crossing the memes!).

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:02 pm »
And I will probably avoid the ToC as well. Though its not something I normally seek out anyway, I'm glad you mentioned it. Should make everything more... memorable. After all, mystery is what gives life meaning (he crossing the memes!).

Yeah - I mean, when you get to the book, if the final chapter is some crazy stuff in the Ark you want to be able to exclaim "Most memorable!," Mek-style.  Reading the ToC could rob you of that by making the atrocities insufficient.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:08 pm »
Exactly!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:15 pm »
Quote from: Cursed Armada
bbaztek mentioned above that perhaps the scylvendi might have the heron spear?! I haven't heard this theory yet... Do we have any evidence of that? If the scylvendi do play a bigger part in TUC then who would their chieftain be? Any ideas?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:22 pm »
"For centuries it resided in Cenei, a treasured possession of the Aspect-Emperors, only to be lost once again when the Scylvendi sacked Cenei in 3351. Its whereabouts are presently unknown" (TTT, Heron Spear, p564).

We had some good speculation about Mimara and Achamian finding the Heron Spear in Ishual, in lieu of living Dunyain. However, Kellhus already having the Heron Spear and transporting it, in secret, with the Ordeal is another enticing possibility?

It would make sense that he'd spend some effort finding the only sure weapon to defeat the No-God, right?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:43 pm »
"We had some good speculation about Mimara and Achamian finding the Heron Spear in Ishual, in lieu of living Dunyain. However, Kellhus already having the Heron Spear and transporting it, in secret, with the Ordeal is another enticing possibility?

It would make sense that he'd spend some effort finding the only sure weapon to defeat the No-God, right?

id bet the Consult has the HSpear.
Scylvendi dont care about it
nobody looking for it before Kell, except maybe a few Mandate fellows
follows first apoc
more for Ordeal to overcome, makes better story

Who leads Sclyvendi?
No new Sclyvendi characters, so either Cainur or Moe or new entry

Did I read somewhere that there are 7 living Inchies and not just Aurang & Aurax ?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 05:43:52 pm »
Quote from: Duskweaver
It would, assuming it's not just a magic feather.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 05:44:01 pm »
Quote from: Curethan
Did I read somewhere that there are 7 living Inchies and not just Aurang & Aurax ?

Just the two of them as far as I recall.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 05:44:12 pm »

You might be thinking of the interview where Bakker mentioned that a certain number more than Aurang and Aurax survived the Graft to perceive the onta.

Who leads Sclyvendi?
No new Sclyvendi characters, so either Cainur or Moe or new entry

"Opposite Sorweel, beside the Successor-Prince, sat Tinurit of the Akkunihor, a Scylvendi tribe whose lands lay no more than two weeks' ride from the New Empire's capital" (WLW, p60).

The Company of Scions, of which Sorweel is a member, are the hostage sons of titular leaders at the fringes of Kellhus' dominion.