General VS Thread **Spoiler for AE and Atrocity Tales**

• 5 Replies

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:38:20 pm »
I know we have a Power Rating going on in the Sorcery thread but I wanted to throw out a general VS thread - this can include Sorcery/non Sorcery, Consult, Dead Characters, ANY character is acceptable - reasonable speculation completely allowed as this is for fun.

I will give my VS as the two I think most powerful:

Kellhus VS Titirga

I think Titirga was ridiculously powerful by his descriptions and I always wondered how Titirgas "Famed Voice" would fare against Kellhus. I assume from descriptions that Titirga knows the Psukhe as well as the Gnosis - but could he also know the Daimos "Grasping things that shouldnt be grasped", or perhaps this just refers to what I believe to be his knowledge of the Psukhe "Different Stain". I think in the end though, Kellhus is too much, he can see the thoughts of Men. His Metagnosis is just too powerful and versatile, his Cant of Transposing is very strong in a combat situation and I dont believe we have seen a fraction of what Kellhus can do. At this point I think he is untouchable, no shame for Titirga though - I think Titirga is as far above everyone else as Kellhus is above him.

On a side note. I think Cnaiur is pretty much owning the physical fights in the world of Men - although he would get wrecked by the Wracu so Ciogli owns him. I wonder how Inchoroi fight physically,  I imagine them big, strong and hard as hell to kill. Cnaiur vs a Huge Ursranc Chieftain would probably be a great fight. Cant forget some Consult members who are pretty unknown at the moment. Aurax might be a wrecking ball - I hope so.

Any other particular fights anyone would like/are hoping to see and how do you think they would go?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:39:51 pm by SilentRoamer »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 09:47:22 pm »
Meppa vs. The White-Luck Warrior

Given the nature of the Psuke and profound ignorance of the Gods, I think it would be an entertaining fight at least... Though it might be like that old "bambi vs godzilla" short, if anyone has seen that. (bambi being the WLW)
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:01:10 pm »
I give Kellhus vs Titirga to Kellhus.  Seems like IQ is a trump card in Bakker.  If Kellhus couldn't produce the purity of meaning Titirga could, Kellhus would circumvent the problem.  Titirga comes into the match up like a charging bull.  Kellhus enters it having premeditated every step, multiple death options.  If the battle starts going the wrong way, Kellhus just flees not caring that Titirga will call him a coward.  Later Kellhus returns with: a tekne abomination created from Titirga's own skin cells, 144,000 ciphrang, the heron spear, and a shotgun full of mini-trinkets.

I am fully expecting to see this battle--Kellhus vs Aurang.  I'm thinking the battle goes badly for the Great Ordeal at Dagliash (as Kellhus intends it too) and then Kellhus kills Aurang in 1 on 1 to turn the tide just as Zeumi war galleys arrive from the river.  It's death of the Witch-King and Minas Tirith unexpectedly wins all over again.  AND It's one final amazing 'belief bump' to keep the troops focused before marching uncontested to Golgotterath.  Then who knows?

Akka vs Serwa?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:40:02 pm »
I like Akka v Serwa.

I'm hard pressed either way. Akka always seem to pull a win out of nowhere, he is obvioulsy powerful and intelligent, especially when he stops thinking about being a failure. Serwa has the meta-gnosis, but if it really is as exhausting as we are lead to believe, its only good for 1 shot. A big glass cannon. If akka survives, then she'd lose.
Hmm,  I think in terms of raw power, Serwa wins, but in the context of the story I would say Akka wins because he seems to get lucky when it counts.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »
I dont think Serwa is capable of Teleport killing Akka like Kellhus did the Cish, she is far too dazed and all Akka need do is Sing his old hear out.

If Serwa has other MetaGnostic abilities which scale at a comparable level then she likely has the trump card. Akka seems to me to be becoming lost in Seswatha a little and I think Seswathas knowledge is imparting into Akka in full and we will see what really happened. Some comparisons could be drawn to WoT where Rand begins casting weaves which he learns from Lews Therins memories.

Yeah Akka drives me crazy in the early books with his doubt but every now and again you see the fire in his belly in his internal monologues :) After Sauglish I think he is changed for good and realises his real power.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 03:49:09 am »
Wonder if Serwa also has the daimos.  That might tip things in her favor.  Shit, if she ends up pregnant from Moenghus, well she already has the gift of the few, could she be a hidden judging eye?  Maybe TUC will feature Mimara and Serwa experiencing parallel courses.  Serwa's in the right place to get qirri too.