• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 12:39:19 pm »
Sobering up, eh MSJ?

A sober man finds solace in mystery - Conphas
One of the other conditions of possibility.

natanaj

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 10:29:17 am »
He didnt do nothing though. He wrote a bestselling and highly controversial history/conspiracy novel, and he figured out how to see the dreams from other perspectives.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 02:32:19 pm »
Never understood this view, on Akka becoming the savior.

He is the most educated on The No-God, has somehow become a Prophet of the Past, and is no weakling wielding the Gnosis. Damnitt, Bakker doesn't have a soul if Akka don't catch a break in TNG.

I agree that Akka will have a heroic role, but I don't think he'll be "the savior". That role is destined for Mimara, the true prophet. Akka is now playing the (still rather important) Seswatha role.

Somehow, I doubt that Anagkë (in universe) and Bakker (out of universe) will let Akka catch a break. Even if things do go "well" for him for while, as much as that can be said of a character in a "peri-apocalyptic" world (as opposed to post-apocalyptic), it's almost certain something terrible will happen to him again before the end of the series.

"Fuck that dude, and fuck his whole life *show the finger*"
-- Anagke, about Achamian, c.4063 - present

Very true, and very funny. :D
Actually I interpreted the ending of TUC with Mimara letting go of her chorae as her letting go of her destiny as a prophet, since the Gods can't help them now that the No-God walks.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 11:48:59 am »
I thought she was letting go of her last doubts about how she felt for Akka. The Chorae was her protection against him.

Mimara isn't with the gods. She is with the God. Hence why Ajokli as cnaiur can't see shit when he stares at the no-god while Mimara can see the carapace even through a hologram. Right at the end is the first time we get to see the sight of a god versus the sight of The God.

Akka was the guy who was broke while there was hope but as soon as there is no hope he comes alive. A bit like the guy protecting Esme, Imhailas, from WLW

"Now she could see Imhalias as he really was...

A warrior. He was -at his pith- a true warrior. Defeat did not break his heart so much as stir his blood."

Akka is a Mandate Schoolman.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 12:35:03 pm »
Actually I interpreted the ending of TUC with Mimara letting go of her chorae as her letting go of her destiny as a prophet, since the Gods can't help them now that the No-God walks.

This!

I thought she was letting go of her last doubts about how she felt for Akka. The Chorae was her protection against him.

Mimara isn't with the gods. She is with the God. Hence why Ajokli as cnaiur can't see shit when he stares at the no-god while Mimara can see the carapace even through a hologram. Right at the end is the first time we get to see the sight of a god versus the sight of The God.

Akka was the guy who was broke while there was hope but as soon as there is no hope he comes alive. A bit like the guy protecting Esme, Imhailas, from WLW

No, wait, this!

I think TL is correct in that purposely dropping the Chorae is no small thing and if she's to support Akka/whoever, she'll need every advantage she can muster. But if she can leverage The Eye with any chorae, than I'm prone to think themerchant may be on to something. I have a gift for seeing things not real/correct ( it's like a super power! ), so when I initially read it, I thought she dropped it like a "boomb" ( purposely mispelling, don't need our communications being "reviewed" by the policing entities ) so it becomes one of the Chorae in the winds - their "in" to attack TNG, if you will.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2018, 01:04:04 pm »
Here's the two passages that inform my thinking, He says please to her, and the narrator says the stuff below, then it states Apocalypse is his birthright (Akka) and then the second passage describes her actions.

"there is knowledge in our manner, ways to prove that utterly elude the apparent sunlight of speech. Sorcery does not exhaust the miracle of voice: with one word it seemed, he had demonstrated to her what tomes of disputation could never do"

"In a single motion, she pulled the thread about her head and cast the pouch out over the void of the oblitus, No eyes followed their descent into the wrack and panic. Her last proof against him. Anasurimbor mimara stepped onto the teetering brink , and then took his sorcerous hand."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2018, 03:09:55 pm »
Quote from:  Merch

"Now she could see Imhalias as he really was...

A warrior. He was -at his pith- a true warrior. Defeat did not break his heart so much as stir his blood."

Love this and couldnt put it in better words. Other than, he probably is the only Mandate Schoolman.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,