Hey there

• 12 Replies

Fenris777

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: May 02, 2017, 04:35:07 pm »
So this is a thing here huh? Cool. I'm getting a real "long timer listener first time caller" Grosse Pointe Blank vibe. :D

if someone could just show me where the coffee and cookies are I'll get on with the "Hi, my name is Fenris777 and I'm an R. Scott Bakker fan.." speech.

Technically I got here through Three Pound Brain, but now we're just talking messy details. Anyway, hi all.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 04:41:13 pm »
Welcome, F777! Now go post your thoughts and theories, so we have more new perspective. 🍻
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2017, 05:01:12 pm »
So this is a thing here huh? Cool. I'm getting a real "long timer listener first time caller" Grosse Pointe Blank vibe. :D

if someone could just show me where the coffee and cookies are I'll get on with the "Hi, my name is Fenris777 and I'm an R. Scott Bakker fan.." speech.

Technically I got here through Three Pound Brain, but now we're just talking messy details. Anyway, hi all.

HELLO!  WELCOME!  WE ARE ALL HERE TO DIE FOR THE TUSK!

Fenris777

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 05:07:39 pm »
IS IT EASIER TO FIND THE TUSK WHEN YOU"RE SHOUTING?... WHAT?! ... I SAID TRY LOOKING UNDER THE COUCH...

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming. :)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2017, 05:18:06 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Fenris :).

Aztec then Norse religions were the first that ever cracked my brain when I was a child.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Fenris777

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2017, 05:34:47 pm »
I'll freely admit to playing way to much D&D as a young man. Deities and Demigods was a wonderful primer on world myth and religion.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 05:37:00 pm »
Nothing is really 'a thing' here - or at least nothing is required. Choose to imbibe the cookies and other delicacies as you choose - though I'd ask that if you do partake in consuming the words others have spoken here that you in turn write down your own. Its a bit of a potluck, and if no one shows up with food, we all go hungry!

But yeah, welcome welcome. I always find it interesting to see how people ended up finding this place.

"Hi, my name is Fenris777 and I'm an R. Scott Bakker fan.." speech.
What do you think this is, The-Second-Apocoholics Anonymous? Because you're pretty much right lol. Where else can you find others that suffer our shared affliction?
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 06:58:56 pm »
Welcome Fenristhree7s :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 07:15:47 pm by Redeagl »
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
I'll freely admit to playing way to much D&D as a young man. Deities and Demigods was a wonderful primer on world myth and religion.

WHERE IS GJ?  HE IS WORKING ON BAKKER DND!!!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 12:01:31 am »

WHERE IS GJ?  HE IS WORKING ON BAKKER DND!!!
Forgot about him. He'd have to be reached via non-electronic methods I do believe. But hey, if you're in the southwest USA, you might be able to meet up and share a beer and discuss the specifics.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Fenris777

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 02:14:01 pm »
I'm very much a meet for beers kind of guy. Sadly, I live on Baffin Island, so unless you're up my way we may have to settle for electronic get-togethers.

I think the world needs a good RPG for Bakker's stuff too. I love to know where this project is at currently.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2017, 02:46:40 pm »
I'm very much a meet for beers kind of guy. Sadly, I live on Baffin Island, so unless you're up my way we may have to settle for electronic get-togethers.

I think the world needs a good RPG for Bakker's stuff too. I love to know where this project is at currently.

Wow, I guess I never really even realized people lived there, although obviously they would, there are people nearly everywhere.

Talk about small towns though...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Fenris777

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2017, 09:17:11 pm »
I live in Iqaluit, which has a population of 8500, so it's not terrible. A lot of the communities up here are tiny though. Nunavut is 800,000 square miles and has a total population of about 36,000. It's a little different than living down south to say the least (and when I say south I mean anything south of Baffin Island :) ).