[TUC Spoilers]The Incû-Holoinas

• 76 Replies

Cuttlefish

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 02:49:04 pm »
The Consult Dunyain themselves explain that their goal lies not in the murder of the world, but in the art of it. Presumably, the only way to close off the world is through killing it with No-God, not just randomly massacring everything.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 03:39:35 pm »
The Consult Dunyain themselves explain that their goal lies not in the murder of the world, but in the art of it. Presumably, the only way to close off the world is through killing it with No-God, not just randomly massacring everything.

I read it a bit differently, but it's low information and highly interpretive.

To me, the keys are:
Active No-God (the code-flash must be read).
Deaths must come in some anguished way (that being the art).

While it's a bit of splitting hairs, I don't think that killing with the No-God is a key.  I think maybe the key is that the deaths are sufficiently anguished enough to allow the No-God to cypher them.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2017, 01:32:50 am »
Maybe the No-God destroys souls. That way, the Gods are starved, for if the people were killed by conventional ways their souls would just migrate to the Outside.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2017, 10:13:17 am »
Maybe the No-God destroys souls. That way, the Gods are starved, for if the people were killed by conventional ways their souls would just migrate to the Outside.

Indeed, something like this must take place because we are told that the No-God "stops of the great cycle of souls" and that "the soul that encounters him goes no further." 
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2017, 10:31:42 am »
Well Skathula tells Seswatha his lord has tasted celemonas soul, somewhere in the books. I'm sure i read it, somewhere sometime.

It was Skafra in the warrior prophet at the start of the book.

"our lord hath tasted thy kings passing..."
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:45:05 am by themerchant »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2017, 11:35:38 am »
Well Skathula tells Seswatha his lord has tasted celemonas soul, somewhere in the books. I'm sure i read it, somewhere sometime.

It was Skafra in the warrior prophet at the start of the book.

"our lord hath tasted thy kings passing..."

Indeed, whatever "tasting" could mean to a thing that presumably has no mouth.

I think it could plausibly mean that the code that flashed when "important" people die is brighter than some usual nobody.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »
On (off) topic because I definitely will have further thoughts for this thread post-read:

Wutteat also mentions the Black Heavens calling and there's the in-text supposition that "the soul that passes the No-God goes no further" (badly paraphrasing). I've definitely seem conjecture down that road suggesting that the No-God takes on all the souls of those killed while it's active.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 03:05:04 pm »
Well it certainly "reads a code in them" in some fashion. or perhaps souls obscure the code, hence the need to remove so many of them.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2017, 12:34:52 pm »
Well it certainly "reads a code in them" in some fashion. or perhaps souls obscure the code, hence the need to remove so many of them.

Yeah, that part is quite unclear.  The way it is phrased makes me think it is something along the lines of a calculation that is successively approximated.  Each "flash" garners an inching toward the totality of the calculation.  At the point of 144,000 the calculation can be finally be solved, having gained enough variables and the output being calculable.

Or perhaps it is the reverse.  Each "code flash" gives a part of the answer and when 144k survivors are left, it can calculate the correct 144-thousand variable equation for that "solution."  Simple algebra really at that point, just solving for X (just 144,000 X, Y, Z's and so on).

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 03:24:51 am »
No reason to think Nau-Cayuti was twin-souled though.

It's killing me because I can't remember where I read it, but I recall reading that someone else besides Kel was twin-souled. I vaguely remember something about the person hearing a second voice in their head... Ah well.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 03:44:24 am »

It's killing me because I can't remember where I read it, but I recall reading that someone else besides Kel was twin-souled. I vaguely remember something about the person hearing a second voice in their head... Ah well.

That would be Celmommas, Kelmommas's namesake and Nau-Cayuti's father.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:22 am »

Yeah in the Sagas it says something like Celmmommas great wail couldn't wake his brother from his blue slumber, then  how his dead brother quickened his intellect while making him cold.

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 08:53:12 am »
On (off) topic because I definitely will have further thoughts for this thread post-read:

Wutteat also mentions the Black Heavens calling and there's the in-text supposition that "the soul that passes the No-God goes no further" (badly paraphrasing). I've definitely seem conjecture down that road suggesting that the No-God takes on all the souls of those killed while it's active.

I definitely agree with this. The soul that is the No-God blocks the passageway because it is stuck in the logical loop of only being able to experience itself whilst not understanding what it is experiencing (Subject and Object have become one, "WHAT AM I"). So all souls trying to enter or leave the world get stuck in the traffic jam and join in the Great Circle-Jerk of Mog-Pharau.
You are the fist that beats us.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2017, 01:18:51 pm »
> WHAT AM I

CHIM ZERO SUM

sorry couldn't rezist
too disappointed after the book

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2017, 04:39:51 am »

Or maybe it's the Oblivion the Nonmen so desperately seek.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.