• 56 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 06:49:38 pm »
Bakker is a D&D gamer - Kellhus definitely raided him some Earwa. Lmao. I'd like to see Kellhus' stats at the end of the First Holy War as compared to the start of TJE.
lmao yes. All good things. Kellhus was doing some hardcore powerleveling.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2014, 07:50:10 pm »
Well he has all the scalpers out grinding sranc all day for a couple of decades. Man the Aspect Emperor undercut my sranc scalps again on the auction house.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2014, 08:43:53 pm »
TSA mmorpg in the pipelines I'm sure.

Kosoter

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2014, 03:16:46 pm »
For the longest time I was the only Kosoter in World of Warcraft but there's a couple of other ones now. What main tank didn't used to kill people (or just yell at them) for screwing around in raids? Kosoter was always the most iconic fighter/tank character in the entire series. I always take up the name in every game now and always get a laugh when someone else has a Prince of Nothing name. There's quite a lot of us out there.

As for looting the nimil gear I think it could have come from anywhere in the New Empire. I don't think it's really significant beyond showing the vast power and glory of the Empire under Kellhus' totally not suspicious and definitely beneficent rule. Although surely extremely rare and expensive, I can't imagine Kellhus incapable of finding a few sets of it somewhere in the entire world. I also like the idea that Fake Serwë let the other skinspies go free. Would they have escaped before Kellhus killed them? I doubt it. He certainly could have captured and broken others because his resources would have at least been as good as Big Moe for doing it. Anything his dad could have done, Kellhus could have done anyway with or without those specific skinspies.

I think Cnaiür just died there in the mansion. I wondered if Kellhus would have come back to reclaim his body later for some sneaky reason. I also wonder if the Consult took it...I'm not entirely sure how skinspies work and what kind of contact they have to have with a person to imitate them. I guess it works like face-dancers because of so many Dune influences but who knows? Maybe they take Cnaiür alive (and almost-dead) and assume his identity through his memories. I toyed with the idea that they went back to the Steppe with a fake Cnaiür and wrecked the place but Kellhus would have surely put a stop to any such nonsense.

I just didn't want the story to end there for him. A second skinspy became Serwë in the blink of an eye so maybe they can just make as many Cnaiürs as they want? I think they definitely would at least try to because he knows so much about their big new enemy. I guess recently I've just wanted TUC to end with Cnaiür becoming the No-God and singing 'Let it Go' as he zips around the world blowing everything up. Not going to happen :(

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »
Aspect Emperor Spoilers
(click to show/hide)

One of the few things I feel certain about that last scene with Moe and Kellhus is the fate of Cnaiur. The dude killed himself because he thought he murdered Moe, which makes sense due to his psychotic mental state and the fact that Moe was basically his entire world at that point. The idea that he killed him is more than enough to cause him to take the plunge.

EkyannusIII

• Momurai
  • Archduke Ekyannus of Shitlord Hall
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »
Nimil appears to be Bakker's version of Tolkien's mithril.  IIRC mithril was something the Eldar forged but that the Dunedain royals and nobles had access to in various degrees as a prestige object - mithril swords, etc.  Probably we are looking at a similar situation here - the high castes of the Three Seas have a certain number of nimil objects made by the Nonmen, some fine art and others arms and armor, and in the course of the Conquest Kellhus took many of them as war trophies and other tributes and equipped himself as befits an Aspect Emperor. He may have also inherited a large cache of nimil objects from Conphas when he became Emperor, I don't see the Ikurei being poor in such things.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:41:04 pm by EkyannusIII »
What is reason, but the blindness of the soul?

R. SCOTT RAP3ZT TERRIBLEZ LOLZ.

if Kellhus was thinking all of this, he's going to freak out when he get's back and Kelmomas is all "i lieks to eatum peeples da"

the whole thing is orchestrated by Kellhus who is wearing a Bashrag as if it were a suit

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2014, 03:59:49 am »
+1 sociocultural nimil thoughts you three.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 06:33:31 am »
I doubt nimil would have been openly prized before the new empire because of the scriptural prohibition against non-men.  The norisai clearly used the products of of the Mitrul school however (ref the False Sun), and probably the schools would have prized such objects.

Is it worth noting that the nonmen used Eamwa slaves to mine the nimil?  And the implication that Viri's thirst for nimil lead to some kind of tragedy?

I think K would have easily been able to locate and raid non-man and other northern ruins with his brand of deductive reasoning though.

On topic, I saw Cnaiur at a nearby McDonalds a couple of weeks ago.  Definitely still alive.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »
I was reading a passage from WLW yesterday and Serwa tells Sorweel that there are still (;D!) members of the Ordeal who scar their arms like Scylvendi because of Cnaiur's exploits in the First Holy War (so... Hemscylvinas).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2014, 04:11:48 pm »
@ Curethan - HAHA!!!  I LOVE IT!!!  Just as the dwarves delved to deep, so did the Nonmen!  Hell is the hole dug too deep.  :)

BTW, should I mental-pronounce your name as cure-than or something like cure-a-thahn or something else?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2014, 04:19:28 pm »
Lmao...

BTW, should I mental-pronounce your name as cure-than or something like cure-a-thahn or something else?

Love that Curethan's name gets so much issue ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2014, 06:46:44 pm »
Lmao...

Love that Curethan's name gets so much issue ;).

Wanted to be sure.  Someone might get my name wrong.  It's pronounced like mister-gay-non-dorf.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2014, 11:52:25 pm »
Everything here thinks they're all old and shit but, quite honestly, I doubt there is a member posting here who didn't play original Zelda :P.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2014, 01:19:12 am »
@ Curethan - HAHA!!!  I LOVE IT!!!  Just as the dwarves delved to deep, so did the Nonmen!  Hell is the hole dug too deep.  :)

Prounced: Cüréthaiñ.

(click to show/hide)
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 11:20:36 am »
Amazing, Cüréthañ.
The Existential Scream