[TUC Spoilers] Kellhus and the Carapace

• 7 Replies

idiotbox

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: August 03, 2017, 01:49:34 pm »
Does anybody understand why everyone in the ordeal sees kellhus floating down when it's really the Carapice? Is it just some mass hallucination or something, as it isn't even kellhus inside there.

[EDIT Madness: Title.]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:57:08 pm by Madness »

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 01:52:18 pm »
Does anybody understand why everyone in the ordeal sees kellhus floating down when it's really the Carapice? Is it just some mass hallucination or something, as it isn't even kellhus inside there.

It's a hologram, projected by the Consult.
Mystery denotes darkness

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 01:57:21 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, idiotbox :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Moosehunter

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 02:30:34 pm »

[EDIT Madness: Title.]

RSB has confirmed that it's a hologram to nail the Ordeal in place while the Carapace fires up.
He thought it was obvious given the Shae/Mutilated hologram scene.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:35:56 pm »
It should have been obvious but I also missed it the first time, personally. I think I was just so disordered from everything I'd just read that I wasn't thinking straight.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »
The same happened to me. I was in an emotional state of total WTF, and I have to read twice to get it.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

littlegrice

• Suthenti
  • Mandati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 03:25:52 am »
Man, from the Golden Room scenes on, I was basically in a state of mental hyperventilation,  with my brain going, 'ohmygodohmygodwhatthefuckishappeningWHATTHEFUCKISGOINGOOOONNNN??!!'  but I was all like, 'shut the fuck up and finish the goddamned book , stupid brain!'  Then I finished it, slept, woke back up, and started dissecting.  It was all crazy, and the fact that we see him first, then don't see him, then get the flashback as to what happened...lots of mental gymnastics going on.  His confirmation that it was a hologram was very nice of him, I thought, seeing as how he can be pretty cagey in his answers.
Well, he no talkie good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to 'TELL ME...' and 'WHAT DO YOU SEE?' and, 'WHAT AM I?' Exclusively in that order.

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:53:25 am »
it's funny too that this scene was apparently written less clearly, and he re-wrote it per suggestions from beta readers.  I was confused at first too, but I also missed that Shae's initial appearance was a hologram.  I think if i'd gotten that I'd have been more inclined to spot the next hologram.