[TUC Spoilers] How big is Sil?

• 18 Replies

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:20:16 pm »
I'm trying to work out how big Sil is, cause his shield is fucking massive, as is the Chair of Hooks iirc.

He was capable of riding a dragon but I'm guessing he was significantly larger than Aurax and Aurang?

[EDIT Madness: Title.]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 01:29:12 am by Madness »

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:22:41 pm »
His armor of festering bodies points to that.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Likaro

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:12:41 pm »
The meat has afflicted me to the point I assumed this topic was about how "pendulous" he was.

Anyway, since he is armored in corpses he must be fairly big. Though I always wonder where they got the corpses from at that point. Were they Emwama? Nonmen? Other Inchoroi? From our descriptions of Inchoroi they sound like are about 10' tall.

On the other hand, we have tales of some Inchoroi going up against the Nonmen "the tall". One of those  Tall guys was supposed to have strangled an Inchie named Vishkru (sp?) so he probably was also quite large if a point was made of that.

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 06:06:52 pm »
I think all of the Inchoroi were enormous when they first came to Earwa, as evidenced by Aurang wrestling Ciogli to the ground. But after all the grafts that they put themselves through, Aurang and Aurax don't even resemble what they were when they stepped off the arc

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 01:42:57 pm »
The meat has afflicted me to the point I assumed this topic was about how "pendulous" he was.

Lmao.

For the Dark Souls analogies:

The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
Interesting parallel to the Tall, if Aurax and Aurang shrank. Instead of growing as a result of great deeds they shrank from depraved ones? Unlikely but I like the idea of it.

Maybe Ciolgi wasn't Tall yet?

And surely a soggmant suit of armor or at least some soggomant mail would have served him better?

God I wish there was a EG entry on the Tall. Before TUC, I had a theory that it was the result of some mutation of the initial Innoculation, and made some Nonmen grow as a result.

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 05:18:36 pm »
I just took it as the Inchoroi varied a lot from individual to individual depending on how they were grafted.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 11:59:57 am »
I think all of the Inchoroi were enormous when they first came to Earwa, as evidenced by Aurang wrestling Ciogli to the ground. But after all the grafts that they put themselves through, Aurang and Aurax don't even resemble what they were when they stepped off the arc

Definitely this.  Aurang mentions that "He had been young then, before the accretions of graft after graft had sapped his monumental frame."  Aurang was also huge as well and, in reality, they probably all were.

What we mistake is that "end-process" Aurang (and Aurax) are representative of all Inchoroi.  Which they aren't.  After it was realized that physical prowess wasn't going to get it done on Eärwa, Aurang set on changing himself to suit different ends.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 06:17:13 pm »
I suspect Aurax and Aurang ended up the size they are principally because they found that the ideal size for raping humans. They're big enough to easily overpower most humans, while not being so large that they cannot find an orifice to comfortably accomodate them.

Maybe Sil was larger in order to contend with the Tall, but there's no reason to be that big any more.
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 06:33:32 pm »
Maybe Sil was larger in order to contend with the Tall, but there's no reason to be that big any more.

They were already that big upon landing though.

Once sorcery came into play though and their numbers dwindled so much, there was no real reason to be that big any more.  Not to mention, with all the crap Aurang did to himself, I doubt being that large was even an option any more, in reality.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 06:48:36 pm »
How do we know they were all that large? And why would unrelated somatic changes make them shrink?

Duskweaver

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 07:03:23 pm »
They were already that big upon landing though.
Yes. I should have said "Maybe Sil remained larger..."
"Then I looked, and behold, a Whirlwind came out of the North..." - Ezekiel 1:4

"Two things that brand one a coward: using violence when it is not necessary; and shrinking from it when it is."

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 07:40:34 pm »
How do we know they were all that large? And why would unrelated somatic changes make them shrink?

Well, it's plausible they weren't as big as we think, but being "clad in corpses," having "a monumental frame" and being able to wrestle one of the Tallest of the Tall are clues that kind of point in that direction.

Why did the Graft's change their size though?  Well, from the word itself, I imagine that Aurang literally grew new parts and interchanged his old ones for them, or something similar.

Swayal Serpent

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 02:05:27 am »
I've always thought that the Inchoroi's wings were grafted, and that would explain the shrinking. Even the Inchoroi have to obey the laws of physics, and a 20 foot tall monstrosity would have a difficult time flying

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2017, 03:52:30 pm »
I've always thought that the Inchoroi's wings were grafted, and that would explain the shrinking. Even the Inchoroi have to obey the laws of physics, and a 20 foot tall monstrosity would have a difficult time flying
There are Wracu, though.