Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »
Re Choric script.
Not if moe was inside the frame writ by the Choric script, inside the barricades so to speak.  Alternatively, not if kellhus never had dreams, his whelming just included to post hypnotic suggestion he'd had dreams and the accompanying stories he believes were all just part of his whelming before being released.  Kellhus didn't have to have dreams, he just had to believe he'd had dreams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This made me wonder, if you could make a chorae of any size, what would the inside of a building-sized chorae-sphere be like? Would the entire area be  essentially anarcane ground? Or, would just the material the script was written on have the sorcery canceled effect, but one could still practice sorcery within it.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #121 on: October 06, 2015, 02:30:40 pm »
If Sarkapus really did survive the first apocalypse because of the chorae hoard, then maybe Kellhus raided it to make a refuge elsewhere. Ishual?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2015, 03:17:25 pm »
I never thought about that. I think it'll be more likely that we'll see them with the GO in a military capacity, though.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
I never thought about that. I think it'll be more likely that we'll see them with the GO in a military capacity, though.

me too, but the idea of dumping the biggest pile at one spot on the map has got to do something ...

something something Atrithau is anarcane because the God dreams about it particularly --> Kellhus is going to take all of the chorae from the 3 seas, all of the chorae from horseburg, and all of the chorae from the ark and dump them at X

now God will be forced to look at X and that is where Mimara is going to give birth.  it's part of an elaborate voyeur scheme: Kellhus wants to watch God watch Mimara give birth to Cujara Cinmoi/Mog/T-1000 hybrid

sologdin

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2017, 12:13:02 am »

Chorae: the wiki says "they belong to lost branch of sorcery called the Aporos."  The branches of sorcery all take their names from Greek words. “Aporos” comes from the Greek word “Άπορος,” meaning “Destitute.” des·ti·tute- without the basic necessities of life.

kickass. the relevant greek terms here are chorismos ('separation') and choris ('separate,' 'apart,' and--in some translations, 'outside').  these underlying greek significances suggest that the 'tear' in 'tear of god' is less about lachrymation than laceration.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2017, 10:08:15 am »

Chorae: the wiki says "they belong to lost branch of sorcery called the Aporos."  The branches of sorcery all take their names from Greek words. “Aporos” comes from the Greek word “Άπορος,” meaning “Destitute.” des·ti·tute- without the basic necessities of life.

kickass. the relevant greek terms here are chorismos ('separation') and choris ('separate,' 'apart,' and--in some translations, 'outside').  these underlying greek significances suggest that the 'tear' in 'tear of god' is less about lachrymation than laceration.

Whoa, a Solo sighting!

Good point too, of course, I always enjoy needing a dictionary to read your posts.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2017, 01:03:33 pm »

Whoa, a Solo sighting!

Good point too, of course, I always enjoy needing a dictionary to read your posts.

SOLO :D!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer