100 stones, 100 books

• 5 Replies

Hogman

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« on: August 15, 2017, 05:21:02 pm »
I'm sad enough to keep a list of every fantasy book I've ever attempted to read, together with ratings for each and every one. It wasn't until I finished it that I realised The Unholy Consult is exactly number 100! It also takes the crown as the best book I've ever read.

Just thought I'd share that.  :)

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 04:54:16 pm »
That is quite interesting, Hogman.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 04:56:10 pm »
I'm sad enough to keep a list of every fantasy book I've ever attempted to read, together with ratings for each and every one. It wasn't until I finished it that I realised The Unholy Consult is exactly number 100! It also takes the crown as the best book I've ever read.

That's the good shit.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:48 pm »

Cool. :D

And that's not sad at all, I keep lists of all books and comics I read throughout the year since 2014. No ratings though, I might be too lazy for that.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 02:20:15 am »
I wish I could create such a list, but alas, the amount of fantasy books I've read can nearly be counted on one hand.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 08:49:38 am by tleilaxu »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »
I wish I could create such a list, but alas, the amount of fantasy books I've read can nearly be counted on one hand.
I mean, TSA gets you up to 7 ...

I have such a list as well, though I only started it within the last few years.

Sometimes, the world conspires Hogman. Cool stuff.

Cool. :D

And that's not sad at all, I keep lists of all books and comics I read throughout the year since 2014. No ratings though, I might be too lazy for that.
The trick is to do it as you go. Though, all ratings are relative to the time and headspace you read them, so its all BS anyway right? Each book you read affects each future book, and looking back that book you rated 4 of 5 stars now may read like a 2 star ;) . A simple 'go / no-go' system would serve the same purpose lol.

I also have taken to writing a sentence or two about each as I finish and give it a rating - what I liked or didn't like and why. For the posterity of Future Wilshire.

Some people do all this online at Goodreads and make it a social event. I just have a spreadsheet :) .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:23:41 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.