What's with the circles on the map of Eärwa?

• 3 Replies

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« on: June 24, 2016, 12:58:01 am »
People have noticed that there are several circles on the map you drew that are similar to the circle around golgotterath. Is there any importance to them? Are they other spaceship crash locations?

SrancHammer

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 03:40:47 am »
I recall reading a similar question somewhere else where Bakker answered that their was only one crash sight but that the circles were "nuke" craters caused during the war between nonmen and inchoroi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 11:32:01 am »
I'm fairly certain that he said that the map was created very intentionally, implying the circles were not mistakes, but I don't ever remember nukes being mentioned.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:38:53 am »
I'm fairly certain that he said that the map was created very intentionally, implying the circles were not mistakes, but I don't ever remember nukes being mentioned.

Yeah, I recall him mentioning other nukes in regards to how Kellhus would have known about them, but not the other circles.

My guess would be other landing sites, possibly what brought Men and Nonmen to Eärwa.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira