TUC Official Buys

• 164 Replies

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 06:14:56 am »
Yeah should be out at midnight. or 1am. my recollection of getting kindle books from amazonuk are 1am on release day.

That's tempting yet dangerous, sleeping-wise...

It always is, regardless of what time you get it  ;D
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 06:27:38 am »
Yeah should be out at midnight. or 1am. my recollection of getting kindle books from amazonuk are 1am on release day.

That's tempting yet dangerous, sleeping-wise...

It always is, regardless of what time you get it  ;D

Got it, the Slog continues, see you at Golgotterath...!
Mystery denotes darkness

Conditioned

• Emwama
  • Instructions: blather, rinse, repeat if necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2017, 02:41:55 am »
So, I made an amazon.co.uk account to get the kindle version... then I remembered I don't know wtf I am doing. To add a credit card to pay you have to use your legit address otherwise it won't work right? So how do you add an UK address on the account so you can download the ebook?  Right now it says this service is unavailable to US customers.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2017, 12:47:34 am »
So, I made an amazon.co.uk account to get the kindle version... then I remembered I don't know wtf I am doing. To add a credit card to pay you have to use your legit address otherwise it won't work right? So how do you add an UK address on the account so you can download the ebook?  Right now it says this service is unavailable to US customers.

No, as long as your shipping address is UK it will work.  Your billing address does need to be your real one, but that won't stop you.

Make sure you are fully signed out of .com though, or it won't work.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

huskylord

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2017, 02:43:24 pm »
How come I can't see kindle as an option for any of the amazon sites (Canada, US, UK, etc)?

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2017, 02:48:13 pm »
How come I can't see kindle as an option for any of the amazon sites (Canada, US, UK, etc)?

Probably because your shipping address is a US one?  Or you are signed in to .com?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wiseblood

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2017, 12:09:34 am »
Noticed a couple St Louisans going to be picking up TUC at Clayton Barnes and Noble...headed there now to see if can talk someone into letting me purchase tonight.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2017, 11:42:53 am »
At long last the physical TPB of TUC arrived today...
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »
Noticed a couple St Louisans going to be picking up TUC at Clayton Barnes and Noble...headed there now to see if can talk someone into letting me purchase tonight.

As far as I know, books usually do not have a hard street date (unless they are huge, blockbuster releases), so they should all be available to be sold on arrival.  Hopefully you got your hands on one.

thousandfold

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2017, 03:26:25 pm »

Any luck in STL? Chicago B&N told me today last week, now saying 25th. If they have it there I'll have one of my folks go pick it up and overnight it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2017, 06:02:21 pm »
Anyone have any luck in the US? Much like thousandfold, I was told today last week...and now they are saying the 25th? I exhibited some Dunyain like patience up until now...but I don't think my skills are strong enough to wait another couple of weeks.  It's taking all my will power not to read threads with spoilers...I fear I will not be able to be strong if I have to wait until the 25th.   

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2017, 06:08:50 pm »
Anyone have any luck in the US? Much like thousandfold, I was told today last week...and now they are saying the 25th? I exhibited some Dunyain like patience up until now...but I don't think my skills are strong enough to wait another couple of weeks.  It's taking all my will power not to read threads with spoilers...I fear I will not be able to be strong if I have to wait until the 25th.   
Resist! Resist! You understand not what your give up by giving in. Fight on!

Also, you can try the various methods for getting ebooks - thats a pretty good compromise.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

thousandfold

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2017, 06:44:07 pm »

Ditto. I'm a bit irritated that it's not available. Hoping it pops up next Tues.

BUT! (And i'm not sure if this is ok) if someone has a way for me to acquire a digital version... now(?) I'm all ears.

No matter what I'm going to keep my preorder and - as usual - I always buy an extra of the series to loan out to anyone I can convince...

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2017, 06:57:13 pm »

Ditto. I'm a bit irritated that it's not available. Hoping it pops up next Tues.

BUT! (And i'm not sure if this is ok) if someone has a way for me to acquire a digital version... now(?) I'm all ears.

No matter what I'm going to keep my preorder and - as usual - I always buy an extra of the series to loan out to anyone I can convince...

I managed to buy mine off the foreign Amazon site, with a new account and a foreign address in it but apparently it's not as easy as it would seem.

I'm not exactly sure how it worked for me, but it did.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2017, 07:11:37 pm »

check earlier posts upthread.
One of the other conditions of possibility.