Zaudunyanicon 2017 Poster/Patch Giveaway!

• 49 Replies

clariS

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »
Breaking my lurking habits for a toss of the number sticks. It's hard to know what to even expect from this series anymore, but I'd place good money on Serwe still having a role to play. The touch of humanity she got from Sorweel and the horrors of the Second Apocalypse might be enough to push her in the direction of fighting on Akka's side. I'd like to see that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:47:36 pm by clariS »
だが、やがて火は消え、暗闇だけが残る.

Deathcomesswirlingdown

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 08:08:28 pm »
My prediction...

Death will come swirling down.

codebread

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:35 am »
The Scylvendi have the Heron Spear. Moe Jr. will hand it over to Akka, who will use it on the No-God to no effect. Then Mimara will do whatever she did in Cil-Aujas to defeat it.

arrogantfascist

• Nascenti
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 01:35:29 am »
I don't know if I qualify, but I want another poster.
In TNG, the No-God will finally be defeated by either missiles from Eänna, which is somehow technologically 2000 years more advanced than Eärwa or by giving him a mirror, thus satisfying his overwhelming urge to know what he looks like and allowing him to peacefully return to the Outside.

solipsisticurge

• Momurai
  • There is a head on a pole behind him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 06:11:47 am »
Despite the World's salvation, the Cunoroi will be no more by the series' end.

Also, Likaro will be an absolute badass, renowned for millennia in Achamian's much-revered historical account of the (near) end of the world.

Also, please let me win this. My (one year old) daughter will be absolutely heartbroken if she can't have a SA poster autographed by Bakker.
Kings never lie. They demand the world be mistaken.

Sausuna

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 12:25:23 pm »
Predictions in according of seriousness.
1 - There will be a lot of Scranc.
2 - We'll get to see some more sword dancers.
3 - Zeum and possibly some Xiuhianni are going to be vital to serving as bulwarks against the end.

SalvatorDunyain

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2017, 04:11:20 pm »
Hello all, so sorry I missed the con. Sounded bad ass. Loved the Unholy Consult. 

My prediction for the No God is that the deformed boy is the hero taught by Akka  and Meppa. And Kellhus has a part to play from the outside.  Also, Esme may prove instrumental in the battles to come, since the No God is part her son who is obsessed with her, as Kellhus points out. So excited!!

Good luck everyone...im sure one of those posters would look good on everyone's walls!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »
Kellhus takes over Zeûm and wages war through Ciphrang-Malowebi, from the Outside.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Gnostic Cants

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2017, 04:30:03 pm »
Thanks for the giveaway. I've been a long-time lurker/reader of this and Three Seas before, and one of the rabid fans who harassed Overlook to published when they were stalling on TGO. This finally pushed me over the edge to join the forum.

No idea what TNG will hold, but I'm hoping to see Meppa resurface and very curious to learn where the Heron Spear is. Predictions: the decapitant Kellhus put on M's body and sent to Zeum is going to cause havoc there, just when they need it least (thanks to the No-God coming for them). I have some other thoughts about what happened in TUC and how they'll play out in TNG, but that's better for another thread, I think.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:19 pm »
No idea what TNG will hold, but I'm hoping to see Meppa resurface and very curious to learn where the Heron Spear is. Predictions: the decapitant Kellhus put on M's body and sent to Zeum is going to cause havoc there, just when they need it least (thanks to the No-God coming for them). I have some other thoughts about what happened in TUC and how they'll play out in TNG, but that's better for another thread, I think.

Meppa is alive!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Kellsier

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2017, 11:44:52 am »
Pretty sure that Kellhus being dead doesn't necessarily imply Kellhus not playing a role.

Also, major roles will go to Serwa and Mimara's child, and the nonmen too will have something to say.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2017, 11:59:32 am »
Pretty sure that Kellhus being dead doesn't necessarily imply Kellhus not playing a role.

Also, major roles will go to Serwa and Mimara's child, and the nonmen too will have something to say.

Indeed, Bakker has said that Kellhus 'is dead but not done' - the actual quote might have been "I said he was dead, but that doesn't mean he's done"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:23:44 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2017, 03:23:01 pm »
It just implied to be that Kellhus is dead but that his influence in the World has yet to totally play out, explicitly or via background, Moenghus the Elder-level conspiracy ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2017, 03:30:34 pm »
or via background, Moenghus the Elder-level conspiracy ;).
Obviously traditional christian (catholic?) iconography lends to The Father and The Son ruling over heaven. Just trying to figure out who The Holy Spirit is, likely Mimara ;) .
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2017, 03:31:18 pm »
Oh, I think ol' H was right and that's Kellhus in his visions and he's somehow carved out his own little niche and he can either change the Outside or still influence what happens on Earwa.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,