[Spoilers TGO/TUC] Dragged off to hell...

• 49 Replies

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 12:40:39 am »

Hell, more than likely, a guy named Kellhus who could be waging a war on the Gods, to end damnation.

I'll believe that when I see it.

It's not far fetched in my view. I think I'm understanding this correctly when I say one of Bakker's "points" is that if there are gods/God, then they are not "completely" above it all and have to follow at least some laws of physics/reality ( otherwise TNG would not be possible, no such thing has hiding from the gods or obilivion ). Ergo, it's possible a human ( perhaps other intelligent sentients ) would well forge a path to match their capabilities, maybe even surpass them. And there appears to be evidence humans have surpassed all "others" with Tirtriga/Shae/Kellhus elevating past any Quya. Perhaps a big reveal in the next series will be why Bakker puts humanity's potential so high ( at the same time illuminating the waste of that potential with the horror of depravity - but could be either a "mistake" by the gods forging human souls or intentional by one of them to create allies against other gods ). It's kinda like humans are the best of all things ( virus: we spread fast, insects: we coordinate and sacrifice for something more/larger, consciousness: we elevate beyond what seems possible, predatory: we'll fight each other in the absence of a common enemy and even then some, driving change and ambition ) ... add in an impressive constitution to suffer ( perhaps a gift from the non-men during our development ) and you have a durable, motivated, creative and curious species with the weakness of recklessness ( we can't stop ourselves from over doing it/going to far, hence we have The Mangaecca screwing everyone over because they just HAD to enter the Ark ). TNG now puts humanity into a pressure cooker - I don't think we break. I think we boil over and win.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 12:42:26 am by TaoHorror »
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 02:39:44 am »
And, your reiterating my point for me Dora Vee. Its whats important to YOU. Not what could be important to the plot of the series going forward. And, its not only being written for the poor Proyas-less soul of Dora Vee. You're only looking at things through the lens of what you want. And it don't matter one iota what you want.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 09:39:52 pm »
Dora Vee, I'm not being a smartass. I've just come to learn that with this series, what we want, rarely comes to fruition. Sucks Proyas died Nd the manner he died broke my heart.

Quote from:  Dora Vee
I'll believe it when I see it.

Me too. But, its a very likely possibility. We know that Kellhuanis not in the Outside, and really I can't believe he didn't have contengencies. Bakker first said, "Kellhus is dead.", then "Kellhus is dead but not done.". I feel the latter is true, since it was his end statement. I think Kellhus believed in humanity. Hence, trying to destroy the Consult and plumbing the Hells with the Diamos. No, I feel he isn't done.

Here's my prediction. Right it down, bookmark it. Humanity will survive TNG and Kellhus will defeat the Gods and rewrite the the Outside. To make life and death better for humanity. I was right when I predicted before TGO that Kellhus loved Esme and was trying to save the world, confirmed. I think Bakker will surprise so many with the way TNG goes. You know why I think no questions about haloes? Because, Kellhus will end up being holy, just as Mimara is. Mimara haloes are silver, because she has always been holy. Now, here me out. Bakker said we've seen every form of the afterlife (damnation, salvation and oblivion) except redemption. Kellhus gold haloes are that of Redemption.

But, we know the series picks up weeks after Resumption.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:41:57 pm by MSJ »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 04:05:50 am »
Full disclosure: I AM a pile of shit.

So so hope I don't drive anyone away, but honesty is the greatest form of respect and I can honestly say I laughed hard when Kellhus kicked Proyas back off the side of the ledge the 2nd time. He COMPLETELY fucks him over, pulls him back up, explains to him that he's amazing and accomplished the impossible and kicks him back over because of ( very suspect logic here ) "something must be eaten" - it was so completely fucked up, I had to re-read it to ensure I understood it correctly. Have to say, I absolutely loved it, so fucking evil/nasty. It's this kinda shit makes me love these books so much.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2018, 05:53:17 am »
Full disclosure: I AM a pile of shit.

So so hope I don't drive anyone away, but honesty is the greatest form of respect and I can honestly say I laughed hard when Kellhus kicked Proyas back off the side of the ledge the 2nd time. He COMPLETELY fucks him over, pulls him back up, explains to him that he's amazing and accomplished the impossible and kicks him back over because of ( very suspect logic here ) "something must be eaten" - it was so completely fucked up, I had to re-read it to ensure I understood it correctly. Have to say, I absolutely loved it, so fucking evil/nasty. It's this kinda shit makes me love these books so much.

This is exactly why I was glad the Ordeal failed in the end.
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man