TUC Official Buys

• 164 Replies

thousandfold

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2017, 07:23:51 pm »
Anyone have any luck in the US? Much like thousandfold, I was told today last week...and now they are saying the 25th? I exhibited some Dunyain like patience up until now...but I don't think my skills are strong enough to wait another couple of weeks.  It's taking all my will power not to read threads with spoilers...I fear I will not be able to be strong if I have to wait until the 25th.

Ditto. I'm a bit irritated that it's not available. Hoping it pops up next Tues.

BUT! (And i'm not sure if this is ok) if someone has a way for me to acquire a digital version... now(?) I'm all ears.

No matter what I'm going to keep my preorder and - as usual - I always buy an extra of the series to loan out to anyone I can convince...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
check earlier posts upthread.

I don't know how to do this

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2017, 07:29:31 pm »
Just go to the beginning of this thread and go forward?
There's about 6 pages of posts you might wade through.

Forum Navigation 101 :) :

Click on the blue topic link on the main subforum page to go to the beginning of a thread:
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?board=36.0
That'll take you to the start.

There's a button to the far right of each topic that if you hover over it it says "latest post". Clicking that will bring you to the end of the thread.

You can always navigate to past pages by click on one of the blue page buttons on the bottom left of each page (pro tip, if you click the "..." you can see all the pages"). Dont  hit the "previous" / " next " buttons on the bottom right, this will go to a different thread entirely.

Part of this conversation might be useful if you read the next several posts:
http://www.second-apocalypse.com/index.php?topic=2187.msg34230#msg34230

« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:32:58 pm by Wilshire »
One of the other conditions of possibility.

rhizome

• The Afflicted Few
  • Emwama
  • One or Several Wolves
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2017, 11:58:58 pm »
Anyone have any luck in the US? Much like thousandfold, I was told today last week...and now they are saying the 25th? I exhibited some Dunyain like patience up until now...but I don't think my skills are strong enough to wait another couple of weeks.  It's taking all my will power not to read threads with spoilers...I fear I will not be able to be strong if I have to wait until the 25th.

Ditto. I'm a bit irritated that it's not available. Hoping it pops up next Tues.

BUT! (And i'm not sure if this is ok) if someone has a way for me to acquire a digital version... now(?) I'm all ears.

No matter what I'm going to keep my preorder and - as usual - I always buy an extra of the series to loan out to anyone I can convince...

I got an .epub from the Australian Kobo store (I'm in Canada) by registering a throw-away email address and paying using Paypal.  It's DRM'ed and I had to bring it into my reader through Adobe, so it wasn't entirely smooth & painless, but it's another way of getting a copy in addition to Amazon.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2017, 12:15:08 am »
My Barnes and Noble in STL (technically, Clayton, MO) will reserve one of their four (four.....smdh) copies for me. 7/11, bruthas! BFK out!
Noticed a couple St Louisans going to be picking up TUC at Clayton Barnes and Noble...headed there now to see if can talk someone into letting me purchase tonight.

Any luck in STL? Chicago B&N told me today last week, now saying 25th. If they have it there I'll have one of my folks go pick it up and overnight it.

UPDATE: It appears that the release of TUC (at least by Barnes and Noble in STL) has been pushed back to 7/25. I have one of the four copies on reserve at the B & N in Clayton, MO. They say that when the books arrive at their store, I can acquire my copy.

I'll post further updates as new information is received. BFK signing out. Two more weeks....smdh.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 02:51:47 pm by Beardfisher King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2017, 12:23:56 pm »
Good luck BFK, hope that date holds true.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2017, 12:55:35 pm »
No copies of TUC in Mallorca (Spain), obviously.
And my Amazon (hardcover) purchase delayed to Augut 11th - fuck, fuck, fuck. :-\
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2017, 01:43:36 pm »
And my Amazon (hardcover) purchase delayed to Augut 11th - fuck, fuck, fuck. :-\

Wow, that's a fairly long delay, do you have any idea as to why? :(
Seems to be happening to quite a few people - just look at the above comments where several people got their date delayed to July 25th. I wonder if it's because they're hardcover rather than paperback copies... (mine is a paperback and seems to be keeping to the estimated schedule so far)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2017, 01:44:59 pm »

As you may know, if you're not fixed on a hardcover edition, you can get the UK TPB or the ebook. That's how I got my fix, anyway.

y bienvenido
Mystery denotes darkness

Wiseblood

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2017, 06:01:12 pm »
After finding out about the July 25 release date at Clayton B/N I went ahead and ordered soft cover copy from Book Depository online-should have it in a week or so. Still have my hardcover on reserve...will use my paperback as a lender copy (if i can actually get someone else to finish the slog that is.)  Seems my friends having troubles making it past TDTCB.

Wiseblood

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2017, 06:11:15 pm »
BTW, if anyone in Stl area is interested in getting together and discussing the series I would absolutely love to meet any local fanboys/fangirls-it has been a long and lonely slog :). Feel free to PM if interested (will be anxiously awaiting messages!)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2017, 06:15:15 pm »
BTW, if anyone in Stl area is interested in getting together and discussing the series I would absolutely love to meet any local fanboys/fangirls-it has been a long and lonely slog :). Feel free to PM if interested (will be anxiously awaiting messages!)

Beardfisher King drives a taxi somewhere around there , I assume in the city. Just start hailing cabs ;) I'm sure you'll find him eventually.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 12, 2017, 06:31:27 pm »

Beardfisher King drives a taxi somewhere around there , I assume in the city. Just start hailing cabs ;) I'm sure you'll find him eventually.

Lol, Wilshire! Wiseblood, I'll shoot you a PM and we'll plan a mini-Zaudanyanicon!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:05:49 am by Beardfisher King »
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

thousandfold

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 12, 2017, 10:28:22 pm »

Just fyi - it's pretty easy to switch your amazon account to UK - used a hotel's info - and buy/download. I'm having triuble getting it onto my phone but have it on my computer no problem!

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2017, 02:35:36 pm »

As you may know, if you're not fixed on a hardcover edition, you can get the UK TPB or the ebook. That's how I got my fix, anyway.

y bienvenido

Gracias por la bienvenida. ;)

I know, but I have all my other Second Apocalypse books in hardcover and being some kind of paper zaudunyani (curse the ebook blasphemers), I'm pretty fucked, hahaha.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2017, 02:38:52 pm »

y bienvenido
being some kind of paper zaudunyani (curse the ebook blasphemers), I'm pretty fucked, hahaha.
Oh you are, are you?

Might I interest you in this thread, or maybe this one?