• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: July 01, 2014, 04:30:55 pm »
Time for a Dagliash thread?

New prediction, the Great Ordeal seizes the fortress and defends it from an ocean of Sranc.  This is the place Kellhus designs to lure the sranc from far and wide in order to kill the most before marching to Golgotterath.  Sranc mob the place like zombies do, stepping on each other to climb up the walls, organic siege towers.  Here we really get some fireworks out of Kellhus.  Something like the equivalent of nazgul are sent against him?  Consult/nonman chariots?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 07:26:26 pm »
Yeah the srancs-on-a-plain scenario has largely been played out. We are going to get something new, and the first big fight will be for Dagliash. I agree with you MG that once they are in, probably before they secure the fortress, the sranc with start pouring in.

If the Ordeal makes it past Dagliash, they will have a horrifying dash across Agongorea, similar to the trail of skulls in WP, and a largely defeated Ordeal will run into  Golgotterath, where untold atrocities will pour from the dread gates....
One of the other conditions of possibility.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:05 pm »
Lol "srancs-on-a-plain"

Samuel L. Jackson will star in "Srancs on a Plane"

I had not thought about the trek across Agongorea would be like the trail of skulls.  That's great!  I'm sure having Kellhus at the helm will help mitigate disasters, but what about water?  I don't know how they are going to do without AND I don't remember anything wet near Golgotterath.

Would it be possible to produce enough sranc blood to slake 200,000 orealites?

I hope we get some insight (at Dagliash) of Seswatha's presence there before.  Maybe Akka will dream about Dagliash before or after the battle section.  Maybe Some of it will be revealed in a convo between Kellhus and [insert a top Consult person].  Maybe some will be revealed in a conversation between Proyas and K, K spilling the beans about what he's learned about Seswatha's life.

It suddenly strikes me that we may get two contradictory views of Seswatha in TUC, which will result in disaster.  Who knows if Akka is getting the truth, even Kellhus could be deceived (Seswatha putting up whatever front in every Mandati but Akka).

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:42:11 am »
If we get a dream flashback I hope it reveals the real reason that NG abandoned the First Ordeal.  NS seems to indicate that AC pulled a big douche move - perhaps he was directly responsible for the death of NG's sons.
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:04:53 pm »
Oh yeah, we must know that.  Very pointed part of that meeting with the emissary.  Just to clarify, I feel a little lost in the abbreviations, is it:

NG - Nil'giccas
NS - Nin-Sariccas
AC - Anasurimbor Celmomas

right?

Cüréthañ

• Moderator Extraordinaire
  • Old Name
  • Pendulous Fallacy
  • Wizard IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »
You have it right.
My post isn't really though.  Browsed back through the timeline and Celmomas actually abandons the Ordeal first, and its after they leave Dagliash after an argument with Nimeric.  NG and his nonmen leave a couple years later and Nimeric's Aorsi are left alone to be destroyed.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:34:38 pm by Cüréthañ »
Retracing his bloody footprints, the Wizard limped on.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 12:08:51 am »
Akka will come on flying chariots from Ishterbenith and save the Ordeal at Dalguish, or on the plains.

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »
You have it right.
My post isn't really though.  Browsed back through the timeline and Celmomas actually abandons the Ordeal first, and its after they leave Dagliash after an argument with Nimeric.  NG and his nonmen leave a couple years later and Nimeric's Aorsi are left alone to be destroyed.

Is there any indication about what the fight was about?  I can't remember and don't have my books near me--I was wondering if it was an emotional spat or a war policy thing.

@ themerchant - nice!  Flying chariots have to be the Great Ordeal's answer to the Consult's air superiority, right?  Now if you can get a chariot to fly, what else?  Kellhus on a hover throne?