The Madness Experiment

• 24 Replies

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2014, 07:22:47 pm »
It's been suggested that Madness is a red herring used by Bakker to deflect attention from where the story is really going.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2014, 08:33:19 pm »
Wheels within wheels. This is why TUC is taking so long to write. Bakker wrote several entire volumes that are all lies. He has only just started putting pen to paper on the real TUC yet.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:58 pm »
Or, alternatively, what gets published is so chopped up by publishing that madness doesn't even recognise it.

This actually may be likely, to be honest. Also, the way he described rewriting/reorganizing some of the sections multiple times... yeesh.

Though, ideally, it would reflect my personal recommendations on chapter orientation ;)...
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 07:17:12 pm »
Or, alternatively, what gets published is so chopped up by publishing that madness doesn't even recognise it.

This actually may be likely, to be honest. Also, the way he described rewriting/reorganizing some of the sections multiple times... yeesh.

Though, ideally, it would reflect my personal recommendations on chapter orientation ;)...

CRUSH OUR HOPES OK!!!

Could we hope for a 'director's cut' later Madness?

Also, there's this rumor that the nonmen set up the Dunyain breeding program and then forgot about it, can you confirm this?

And the Heron Spear is inside the big tent pole, right?  Like right next to Nin'sarricas?

Garet Jax

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2014, 03:25:04 pm »
Madness also spent some time in:

Saccarees & The Dunyain

Meppa is X
The Ground, the Void, and the Outside

Don't have any real notes or thoughts on why he spent time in those topics, but I thought I would share them.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 07:24:20 pm »
To add fuel to the fire here:

Might be worth noting what topics he stays away from in the Quorum. Most recently, Sorcery is a topic I notice he doesn't ever participate in.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2015, 07:08:49 pm »
Could Kellhus be both mad and a true prophet?  Kellhus' madness when he meets Moenghus is largely a result of his trials and miracles, and we should remember that Moenghus would have thrown in with the no-god, at least that's what Kellhus thought, so Kellhus being mad might be just what Earwa needed!
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2015, 09:36:33 pm »
For me Earwa is an objectively expressed, collective, subjective imposition of consciousness which the Inchoroi aim to subvert somehow understanding that Earwa can be key to their salvation. Kellhus may be doing the same thing, whether in pursuit of his original Dunyain goals, his declared Aspect Emperor goals, or some motive unknown to the reader.

I think Kellhus went mad on the circumfix - up until that point he was becoming increasingly emotionally responsive and I think the circumfix tipped him over the edge. I think a Dunyain with emotional response is insane by Dunyain standards already but maybe not by our standards.

Seökti

• Suthenti
  • we all get nailed to the cross
    • View Profile
    • =-{the Ghosts}-=
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 10:50:55 am »
I think Kellhus went mad on the circumfix - up until that point he was becoming increasingly emotionally responsive and I think the circumfix tipped him over the edge. I think a Dunyain with emotional response is insane by Dunyain standards already but maybe not by our standards.

Seeing as how the Dunyain do not believe in either sorcery or prophecy (both of which exist) it could be that Earwa is simply insane.  On the circumfix I always thought Kellhus learned to love, and it was this love that lead him to decide to try and save the world (if that's indeed what he's doing).  Wouldn't we seem mad if we too believed in damnation and went around screaming it to people, and as far as I remember Moenghus doesn't seem to understand his own damnation.
"I went mourning without the sun: I stood up and cried in the congregation."   -Job 30:28

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 03:18:55 pm »
The cuteness of this topic is unceasing, without beginning or end.