Three Pound Brain

• 4 Replies

Murphy

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« on: July 20, 2013, 11:27:43 am »
Is anyone else having trouble posting responses on TPB? Not working for me. I have a disquieting feeling that my attempted post is going to show up about eight times if it suddenly decides to go through.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 03:41:16 pm »
I don't often post there, but I'd say give it a bit of time. Maybe the site is sluggish or something. Just copy your post somewhere safe and wait an hour or something. If you look back and nothing is there yet, try posting it again.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
I've experienced that over the years and various threads, Murphy. Have no enlightenment to offer.

Cheers for making it over again ;). I wish we could entice with a more active membership but it seems the Bakker fandom is mostly holding its breath until TUC.

Though, I'm sure you'll be interested in my fan-based, precursor glossary of Through the Brain Darkly. Thirty some odd specific BBH terms, three (I think) of which are appropriated from Philosophy and Biopsychology. I'm down to one summer credit after today and can pursue that writing more vigorously - as I want to beat the book ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Murphy

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 06:36:27 pm »
Well, been a few days and no luck. The great debate will just have to continue without my paradigm-shattering insights. Probably just as well. At least the thread wasn't flooded with repeat posts; I would have disliked that.

Glossary sounds useful - where's it at?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »
It is in a word file on mine heer laptop ;).

I think I'm just over halfway (I've been busy with school). Also, I promised Sci a collection of health links from my psychopharmacology course, which ended Monday and for which I've kind of allocated my life towards first, and I'm hoping to mirror his emergency resource cheat-sheet for a Canadian parallel. I work on the Glossary a bit every day though.

I've been thinking about posting a couple teasers to generate some discussion in the Through the Brain Darkly subforum, especially as there is probably a significant amount of traffic here at SA interested in BBH.

I'm not promising an entirely valid or articulate collection but there have been numerous requests at TPB for a list of terms so I've attempted to break it into reference (within the glossary) heavy definitions, followed by an "Idiot's Guide" style breakdown to mirror.

At the least, the less sense I make, the more discussion to be had :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer