Conspiracy or paranoia?

• 56 Replies

Inraus Ghost

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2014, 11:53:54 am »
Not any worse than anything else really. That a male god with beard hovers above us, showering us with gifts of forgiveness and love, and at the same time judges you and fill your being with hate, is just as priceless:)
I'm no religionist, but the lack of gods is not provable. The theory I mentioned is a provable impossibility. Just the action of it's atmosphere freezing and thawing as it passed thru it's orbit makes it so. Never mind the fact that we'd have seen it, or it's occlusion of bodies behind it or it's gravitational effects on other bodies in our solar system long before that git wrote his silly books. All you need is a little basic knowledge of astronomy and it sinks like the Titanic.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2014, 12:28:57 pm »
I'm no religionist, but the lack of gods is not provable. The theory I mentioned is a provable impossibility. Just the action of it's atmosphere freezing and thawing as it passed thru it's orbit makes it so. Never mind the fact that we'd have seen it, or it's occlusion of bodies behind it or it's gravitational effects on other bodies in our solar system long before that git wrote his silly books. All you need is a little basic knowledge of astronomy and it sinks like the Titanic.

The existence of  them is also not provable, so we are left with faith I guess.

As to the anunaki, they might be working in mysterious ways my friend, their actions might work despite our petty means of proving them wrong! Their intellect might be so much greater than ours that we are left unable to prove their workings on the planet.
This is what the fans of anunaki I have talked to say:) Can`t say I agree though.

Inraus Ghost

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2014, 01:18:05 pm »
Indeed they are not.

Yeah, folks like that hurt my mind.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:59 pm »
My "favorite" has to be the annunaki. A planet in an orbit like a comet that takes it into the inner solar system once every 5000 years that can somehow support life beyond the microscopic. And it is undetectable. The idea people can find that believable is priceless.

Lol - Ah, Nibiru.

But it's all the gold suspended in the atmosphere that makes it possible!  Totally believable...  where's the sarcasm face? ::)  Roll eyes will have to do

And covered with intelligent reptiles ready to enslave us :D.

Wilshire and I were just talking about the dearth of emoticons yesterday. However am I to properly express myself Misters Sapir and Whorf?

Indeed they are not.

Yeah, folks like that hurt my mind.

I don't think this thread was intended with a shred of skepticism ;).

And they're still individuals who exist in our sociocultural ecosystems. They affect us with their ignorance. Best to find ways to communicate (though, I will mention, your patiently explaining the realities of basic knowledge can be both the best - sometimes only - and worst tactic).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 10:40:43 pm »
the problem with trying to parse what happened with the buildings brought down by aeroplanes and the WTC7 is all the material has been shipped away, so that horse has bolted anyway.

A lot of the 9/11 truthers seem to buy into nonsense like "pods" "no planes" missle hit the pentagon. The people were swapped out at an airforce base etc etc.

Now if the attack was planned, then of course you saturate the market with dis-information anyway.

The fact that both american and israeli security forces said that they observed Mohammed Atta in a meeting in Prague getting anthrax (the anthrax that was sent to the senators and killed some folk), this was then used to start justifing attacking Iraq. However much later on the anthrax was actually shown to come from an american lab, the Ames strain it was called.

therefore Atta didn't meet with anyone in Prague to get Iraqi anthrax. That was made up. The anthrax was also mailed from the same places as the hijackers were living. I sincerely doubt the terrorists got into a secured american weapons facility and stole the Ames strain of the virus.

So someone else knew where the hijackers were living and mailed it from there.

Hard to tell what really happened.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 10:44:53 pm »
One expert/scientist says this and another something else, so who do you believe?

And to me, my threshold of coincidence is somewhere around the "running the same" war-games; I don't know what the frequency of "ok, girls and boys, today we're pretending terrorists are capturing planes to use as bombs" but the statistical chances minimize with every correspondence.

Same with the 7/7 bombings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvkhe3rqtc

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2014, 02:25:51 am »
Anyway, my favorite must be the "no planers". These guys says there were no planes hitting WTC. Just planted nukes, no planes.
The media fabricated the footage of the planes flying into the buildings. Plausible? I think not:) Come on, no fucking planes??
Just begs to be topped!

How about - the buildings were never actually destroyed! Just by an elaborate set of mirrors and public assumptions, they hide in the one spot no one looks!

Lol!

On the 'controlled demolition' it'd be interesting if the attack simply by hapchance set off some other kind of plan that was unrelated and unknown by the suicidal pilots.

That's not good enough for the conspiracy people, but one bad event inadvertantly triggering another thing seems more plausible to me.

Why would you set a building to be easily demolished? Could even just be some regular wack job who was in a position to make the building so and set it up that way just because. Arsonists just set fire to stuff to feel powerful, maybe someone enjoyed the idea of being able to kill hundreds at a button press any time they wanted?

Bah, my conspiracies are so banal - just jerks who do stuff hidden a bit just to get some jollies. No wonder I write so little!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:31:20 am by Callan S. »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2014, 11:08:10 am »
It does work as disinformation, the tendency is to group them as conspiracy people, even though they will believe different things, so you just need a useful idiot like jones to drone on about illuminati bavarian death cults or particle beam weapons or no planes. It poisons the well. Good luck anyone trying to get any information about 9/11 now, so many crazy kooky videos about it.

The Anthrax letters are extremely dodgy, they were written out to look like they were sent by arab terorists, the security services claimed they had seen Atta get the Anthrax from Iraqi agents in Prague. this was used to show that Iraq helped al Qeada and they had chemical weapons making capability.

However once the actual science got involved turns out it was weaponised American Anthrax from Fort Dettrick, specifically the Ames strain. So it wasn't sent by Atta, but it was sent from where the narrative said the hijackers were living. So someone knew they were living there and sent the anthrax.

The put options that indicate insider trading on 9/11 as well. the main problem is i'm not educated enough to be able to fully critically assess a lot of this information, probably most of it.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1588523

Allen M Poteshman: “Unusual Option Market Activity and the Terrorist Attacks of September 11, 2001″, published in The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, 2006, Vol 79, Edition 4, page 1703-1726.

Conclusion from Poteshman “Examination of the option trading leading up to September 11 reveals that there was an unusually high level of put buying. This finding is consistent with informed investors having traded options in advance of the attacks.”

Marc Chesney, Remo Crameri and Loriano Mancini: “Detecting Informed Trading Activities in the Option Markets”, University of Zurich, April 2010, www.bf.uzh.ch/publikationen/pdf/publ_2098.pdf
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 11:10:07 am by themerchant »

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2014, 11:38:04 am »
Now if the attack was planned, then of course you saturate the market with dis-information anyway.

The fact that both american and israeli security forces said that they observed Mohammed Atta in a meeting in Prague getting anthrax (the anthrax that was sent to the senators and killed some folk), this was then used to start justifing attacking Iraq. However much later on the anthrax was actually shown to come from an american lab, the Ames strain it was called.

therefore Atta didn't meet with anyone in Prague to get Iraqi anthrax. That was made up. The anthrax was also mailed from the same places as the hijackers were living. I sincerely doubt the terrorists got into a secured american weapons facility and stole the Ames strain of the virus.

It's an argument - these are all just pieces of justification. "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before," right? For whatever reason, people with power still need or are required to appear as needing the sanction of people.

Same with the 7/7 bombings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvkhe3rqtc

Indeed. I've heard this. Strange, right?

Cool stuff, themerchant.

Have you checked out Global Research?
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2014, 12:33:29 pm »
Aye i'm aware of it. I first became interested (in the veracity of official naratives) because of the Lockerbie bombing, i live not to far from there, small community, and most people i know don't even think Libya did it let alone El-Megahari who was sent to prison for it.

I don't read as much it can be very overwhelming. Thinking you're falling down the old rabbit hole.

We have our independence vote this year, the press coverage is incredibly biased , even an academic report showed the state broadcaster was being biased towards the status quo. which the BBC responded to by complaining to his boss at the university. Which in turn just made the whole mess blow up and instead of suppressing the report loads of folk who wouldn't have heard about it subsequently heard about it.

So my energies at the moment are reading about the varying consequences ofg independence.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2014, 12:43:55 pm »
Aye i'm aware of it. I first became interested (in the veracity of official naratives) because of the Lockerbie bombing, i live not to far from there, small community, and most people i know don't even think Libya did it let alone El-Megahari who was sent to prison for it.

I remember that as I heard about this instance I came to the realization of things like this being an ongoing occurence, not something "new and heinous."

I don't read as much it can be very overwhelming. Thinking you're falling down the old rabbit hole.

I know this feeling well.

We have our independence vote this year, the press coverage is incredibly biased , even an academic report showed the state broadcaster was being biased towards the status quo. which the BBC responded to by complaining to his boss at the university. Which in turn just made the whole mess blow up and instead of suppressing the report loads of folk who wouldn't have heard about it subsequently heard about it.

So my energies at the moment are reading about the varying consequences ofg independence.

Very interesting. I wish you luck in your endeavors and please feel free to make a thread and share/crowdsource research.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:36 pm »
How about - the buildings were never actually destroyed! Just by an elaborate set of mirrors and public assumptions, they hide in the one spot no one looks!

Lol. I think I will present this to one of my wackier friends as an actual theory:)

Yes, there are so many traps to fall into when you first start to engage yourself, surfing around, watching all these dodgy videos out there, never knowing which "expert" is the right one, and the media is all over the place.(long sentence I know).

My point is that it gets very confusing, so I just landed on the conclusion that this is a very tricky and dense topic to really grasp the "truth" of what is going on.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »

Lol. I think I will present this to one of my wackier friends as an actual theory:)

Yes, there are so many traps to fall into when you first start to engage yourself, surfing around, watching all these dodgy videos out there, never knowing which "expert" is the right one, and the media is all over the place.(long sentence I know).

My point is that it gets very confusing, so I just landed on the conclusion that this is a very tricky and dense topic to really grasp the "truth" of what is going on.

Indeed for example i have "read" all three of the papers i listed above, but looking at it myself i have no idea what it shows, i can only trust in the expertise and consensus of the academics.

It's my favourite subject in much the same way as running your tongue over a loose tooth becomes your favourite action.

I tend to read books about past subjects now, and there has been a para-political magazine in the UK for 30 odd years now. IT is published about twice a year, called Lobster magazine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lobster_%28magazine%29 .

My biggest "conspiracy theory" was Lance Armstrong though i talked about that for a dozen years or so. So i'll take false security of being correct in that one, means i'm not totally kooky for believing there is dodgy other events.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 11:37:32 am »
the problem with trying to parse what happened with the buildings brought down by aeroplanes and the WTC7 is all the material has been shipped away, so that horse has bolted anyway

What do you think is the most plausible explanation to the collapse of building 7?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 12:25:45 pm »
That a bunch of people loaded the building with documents (as it served as a filing cabinet for different organizations) and they used the event (premeditated or opportunistic) to burn some evidence.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer