Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2014, 11:04:26 am »
If anyone need more fodder to your dystopian view of the future, watch this:

http://metanoia-films.org/counter-intelligence/

I also recommend "Mirage men". A documentary about UFO myths being created by government to cloud the real thing, namely experiments with advanced technology/weapons. Anyone who saw weird lights behaving in a strange way in the eighties might have witnessed what we today know as drones.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »
 As per my previous statement that conspiracies are unnecessary when punishment is lax to nonexistent:

The Financial Crisis: Why Have No High-Level Executives Been Prosecuted?

If it was the former—if the recession was due, at worst, to a lack of caution—then the criminal law has no role to play in the aftermath. For in all but a few circumstances (not here relevant), the fierce and fiery weapon called criminal prosecution is directed at intentional misconduct, and nothing less. If the Great Recession was in no part the handiwork of intentionally fraudulent practices by high-level executives, then to prosecute such executives criminally would be “scapegoating” of the most shallow and despicable kind.

But if, by contrast, the Great Recession was in material part the product of intentional fraud, the failure to prosecute those responsible must be judged one of the more egregious failures of the criminal justice system in many years. Indeed, it would stand in striking contrast to the increased success that federal prosecutors have had over the past fifty years or so in bringing to justice even the highest-level figures who orchestrated mammoth frauds. Thus, in the 1970s, in the aftermath of the “junk bond” bubble that, in many ways, was a precursor of the more recent bubble in mortgage-backed securities, the progenitors of the fraud were all successfully prosecuted, right up to Michael Milken.

Again, in the 1980s, the so-called savings-and-loan crisis, which again had some eerie parallels to more recent events, resulted in the successful criminal prosecution of more than eight hundred individuals, right up to Charles Keating. And again, the widespread accounting frauds of the 1990s, most vividly represented by Enron and WorldCom, led directly to the successful prosecution of such previously respected CEOs as Jeffrey Skilling and Bernie Ebbers.

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:46 am »
Anything done by establishment (career) politicians of either party is a conspiracy, by those in power to maintain power.  And the only people who want to seriously change the status quo in Washington DC, the Tea Party are reviled as the vilest forms of life in this country, somewhere between a KKK member and Satan himself, by members of the media and anyone dumb enough to believe the very biased news on CNN OR FOX. 

I dont look to silly novels for my conspiracy theories.  If you have half a brain and you follow politics, its easy to see whats going on right here in the real world. 

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2017, 06:54:36 pm »
I wouldn't say I "believe" in conspiracies - if I were aware of them, then they didn't do a good job of obfuscation as I'm not privy to any inside info on anything. That all said, I find it more fun to think in terms of conspiracy, so I enjoy hearing about them.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2017, 07:54:16 pm »
Conspirary is kind of a spectrum. On one end you've most likely true stuff like the US knowing Saddam didn't have any weapons of mass destruction and basically making up shit all along, then you start going into new-age-tinfoil territory with stuff like "big pharma has the cure for cancer but won't release it because le m0niez" and on the deep end you've got full-retard stuff like "Reptilians are putting fluoride in the water in order to calcify our pineal glands and prevent us from spiritual awakening"

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2017, 08:41:44 pm »
Reptilians are putting fluoride in the water in order to calcify our pineal glands and prevent us from spiritual awakening

Wait, what?! That's not true?!
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2017, 04:17:56 pm »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Knee that Bends

• Suthenti
  • Only a dûnyain deals in absolutes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2017, 02:16:54 am »
interesting article, Madness. thanks for sharing.
"And I renounce..." He trailed, warred with errant pas­sions. "I renounce my wife."
His eyes fell upon Esmenet, stricken upon the floor. My wife!
"Noooo," she wept and whispered. "Pleaaase, Akka..."
"As an adulteress," he continued, his voice cracking, "and a... a..."
His face a mask of nimil, he turned without leave, began walking back the way he came. The Men of the Tusk stared at him dumbstruck

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2017, 02:07:43 pm »
Reptilians are putting fluoride in the water in order to calcify our pineal glands and prevent us from spiritual awakening

Wait, what?! That's not true?!
I am too shocked.  :o
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2018, 10:51:40 am »
 Freemasons are blocking reform, says Police Federation leader

Steve White, stepping down as chair, says the society is thwarting progress of women and BAME people

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/dec/31/freemasons-blocking-reform-police-federation-leader