Conspiracy or paranoia?

• 56 Replies

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2014, 03:27:32 pm »
the problem with trying to parse what happened with the buildings brought down by aeroplanes and the WTC7 is all the material has been shipped away, so that horse has bolted anyway

What do you think is the most plausible explanation to the collapse of building 7?

Well despite what some folk say(loose change) there was some serious fires raging in WTC7 and structural damage. The problem i have saying my own theory is, then i leave it open to challenege and it will require me to go get videos with time stamps, and a lot of the supporting evidence will take time to gather. I used to debate this often years ago and i'm not sure if i want to start.

But anyway i'll state what i think happened.

I think Flight 93 was meant to hit WTC7 , if you go back and listen to some reports they actually announce another explosion is heard (this is the problem i would have to go and source all these videos again, get time stamps to show when things were said) at around the time the flight if it hadn't crashed would be coming into New York. It can sorta "explain" why 3 buildings fell with 2 aeroplanes.

So i'd imagine that Building 7 came down the same way as the two towers came down, minus the aeroplane. Probably through some structural weakening from pre-planted explosives.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
  • There are no facts,only interpretations- Nietzsche
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »
That a bunch of people loaded the building with documents (as it served as a filing cabinet for different organizations) and they used the event (premeditated or opportunistic) to burn some evidence.

Now that sounds like a conspiracy:) That they(whoever it is) can get away with it, without the media jumping all over what actually happened with that building, kind of says it all IMO.

Well despite what some folk say(loose change) there was some serious fires raging in WTC7 and structural damage. The problem i have saying my own theory is, then i leave it open to challenege and it will require me to go get videos with time stamps, and a lot of the supporting evidence will take time to gather. I used to debate this often years ago and i'm not sure if i want to start.

I know what you mean, and I am not sure either if I want you to start the debate:) Spent a silly amount of time trying to wrap my head around this crazy incident. I am as you pretty convinced there where explosives involved.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2014, 01:40:34 am »
That a bunch of people loaded the building with documents (as it served as a filing cabinet for different organizations) and they used the event (premeditated or opportunistic) to burn some evidence.

Now that sounds like a conspiracy:) That they(whoever it is) can get away with it, without the media jumping all over what actually happened with that building, kind of says it all IMO.

Yeah - and technically this is the function of the media, to be a watchdog? So it concisely highlights that failure ;).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2014, 10:58:15 am »
Yeah they are an incompetent watchdog who know very well who they can bark at and not.

There is a brilliant TV show called Newswipe with Charlie Brooker, which you guys should check out.
This guy also has a show called Screenwipe, which is about Television in general. A television show about why you should not watch television is a rather conflicting idea though:) Why would a television channel accept a show that encourages viewers to push the OFF button? There might be a huge marked there I suppose. The psychology in the TV business today seem to be that people in general like to feel smart(hence all these "reality" shows), so more and more of the shows are just plain dumb. The dumber it gets, the more people feel smart by watching. So the "smart" shows hits home to those who see through this trick. Is there a conspiracy hidden in these words? There might be. Is television lucifers dreambox?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2014, 01:15:16 pm »
I will look into this.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2014, 03:21:43 pm »
Yeah i know Charlie Brooker, his show is more for comedy than actually delving into the issues. It is very funny and Brooker is smarter than me that's for sure.

I don't watch TV anymore, beyond watching some shows later on, or sporting events live.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2014, 08:18:29 pm »
So I am definitely going to watch Screenwipe, Newswipe and Gamewipe.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2014, 08:20:08 pm »
I don't watch TV anymore, beyond watching some shows later on, or sporting events live.

Me neither, but I do indulge in a show now and again. But the activity of sitting down and just flipping through channels is something I have never quite gotten into.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »
So I am definitely going to watch Screenwipe, Newswipe and Gamewipe

Yes. Doug Stanhope has these brilliant rants in many of the shows too:)

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 12:08:27 am »
I prefer justified paranoia with no conspiracy.

No WMDs in Iraq, but Bush gets reelected?

The banks fuck up the world economy, pay some meager fines, and go after pensions as the new resource they want to gamble away.

People know about the injustices of conflict minerals and sweat shop labor.

All this is open information.

So why is there a need for conspiracy?

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 02:02:16 am »
Not bad! Say there were some demolition materials built in so one day they could call in a bomb threat, evacuate it and then destroy the evidence on demand! A bit clumsy and imperfect, but a clumsy trump card is better than no trump card!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2014, 11:56:50 am »
I prefer justified paranoia with no conspiracy.

No WMDs in Iraq, but Bush gets reelected?

The banks fuck up the world economy, pay some meager fines, and go after pensions as the new resource they want to gamble away.

People know about the injustices of conflict minerals and sweat shop labor.

there is no need for a conspiracy.

They do happen though, for instance Iran-Contra (in America) over here we have the deliberate suppresion of the McCrone report, plus many many more.

However the banking collapse had banks knowingly mis-sell toxic debt, that another arm of the bank had categorised as triple A for them, then bet short on it. The LIBOR rate was being manipulated as well, there is no need for a conspiracy, but if there is one it should be dealt with.

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2014, 11:57:51 am »

Good question. I am not sure "need" is the right word here. You have to at least acknowledge that conspiracies have actually happened? Look at the link Duskweaver posted earlier in this tread.

Callan S.

• Old Name
  • Warrior-Profit
    • View Profile
    • Philosopher Gamer
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2014, 11:11:53 pm »
Well I thought they basically consist of criminal activity, as viewed by various countries laws.

The 'conspiracy' part is mostly a sexy new rebranding of criminal activity?

I thought it was just sexy hyperbole - is 'conspiracy' supposed to be more than that?

Royce

• Old Name
  • The Resplendent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2014, 07:32:35 am »
This is true, but I am not sure I see your point. Does it matter which term you use? In a broad sense it is all criminal yes, but when you conspire it may not be so easy to spot the real criminals maybe?