Proyas and the No-God

• 17 Replies

Yellow

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2016, 05:50:55 am »
I will take the praise, both for this and any time anyone else suggested it before me.
You are the fist that beats us.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2016, 06:00:07 am »
I will take the praise, both for this and any time anyone else suggested it before me.

Yea, sorry, guess I looked at a post Wilshire quoted you on and had a brain fart. Anyhow, I like it. I feel there is more to Kellhus's condition of Proyas than just cannibalism. So, Proyas being a factor in raising the No-God would fit nicely, me thinks. Anathema to everything the man has ever thought or felt in his life. Very Bakkery!

ETA: me and autocorrect just haven't been getting along lately.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »
I still think that it has more to do with being open to Akka upon his arrival then it does in actually resurrecting the No-God.  It certainly seems that the Dream Akka has, of the line of prisoners dragged into the Golden Room is largely the key to the No-God's literal resurrection.  This dream actually preceded The Scald (we see peices of it in WLW), so the Scalded (if that is who they are) were actually Fated well before The Great Ordeal ever even approached Dagliash.

The thing is Proyas being disillusioned in and of itself certainly seems like a meaningless act.  I think the time where we consider parts of The Thousand-fold Thought as in any way independent has been shored away by TGO though.  Proyas needs to be disillusioned by Kellhus so he can accept Akka.  He needs to accept Akka when he comes, because Mimara needs to be in a place to do/look at/see what she needs to.  That wouldn't happen if Proyas was still a Zaudunyani.  Kellhus can't be there to accept Akka, because the time when Mimara can look upon him isn't until later, he isn't "holy" just yet.  So, someone else needs to be in charge of the Great Ordeal.  It couldn't be Saubon and that's why he is dead.

It's all interconnected, nothing stands alone, it is all about how it interweaves with the next step.  It's just like the Survivor keeps saying, cuts and cuts and cuts.  Everything happened, everything is happening, because that's how it needs to happen.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira