H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 01:27:45 pm »
Best guess it is that the Outside is beyond time, so when Mimara gained the Judging Eye, she gained it at all times.
Or, from the perspective of the Inside, she always had it.

Indeed.  This has me thinking about Kellhus now.  If he somehow gained some kind of grace in the end, he has always had it now.  Grace is probably the wrong word, but it is the first that comes to mind...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:32:17 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 02:20:36 pm »
Not to go off on a tangent here, but this stuff with Mimara always having the Eye got me thinking about Kellhus'save haloes. We know they are not sorcerous, that the seemed to only be recognized in the beginning by people who believe he is holy, than later they are a part of him. He doesn't even understand them. Could it be that Kellhus does something that truly makes him holy, and like Mimara always having the Eye, the same is true with the haloes?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 05:49:07 pm »
Not to go off on a tangent here, but this stuff with Mimara always having the Eye got me thinking about Kellhus'save haloes. We know they are not sorcerous, that the seemed to only be recognized in the beginning by people who believe he is holy, than later they are a part of him. He doesn't even understand them. Could it be that Kellhus does something that truly makes him holy, and like Mimara always having the Eye, the same is true with the haloes?
Always thought of the Haloes as just Virmasta,nothing real.Still pretty interesting thought you have got about it and how it can connect with how time works in Eärwa.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 01:16:09 am »
Always thought of the Haloes as just Virmasta,nothing real.Still pretty interesting thought you have got about it and how it can connect with how time works in Eärwa.

But, that's the whole point of Viramsata Redeagl, it makes real. And, while he"?'sort done nothing to truly be holy as of yet, it doesn't mean he won't in the future. What I've always loved about them, is that Kellhus is as confused about them as everyone else. He has no fucking clue why they're there. Lol.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 03:36:41 am »
Not to go off on a tangent here, but this stuff with Mimara always having the Eye got me thinking about Kellhus'save haloes.
Problem, Mimara always has the eye, Kellhus acquires the haoles much later in life. Gotta take the outside out of that equation then - its either always, or it isn't.

But, that's the whole point of Viramsata Redeagl, it makes real.
Viramsata is a game they play in Nilnemesh - or some place I can't remember - not a law of metaphysics.

And, while he"?'sort done nothing to truly be holy as of yet, it doesn't mean he won't in the future.
See above. If its the same mechanic as the 'outside existing atemporally' then he either always has the haloes or he doesn't. Since its neither, its necessarily something else other than the Outside. I'm for viramsata in that people are just crazy in Earwa, and massive shared dilusions Inside create some kind of weird but ultimately meaningless changes to reality. So he's got some haloes that some people see, bit woop, that doesn't make him the second coming of Inri Sejenus.

What I've always loved about them, is that Kellhus is as confused about them as everyone else. He has no fucking clue why they're there. Lol.
Agreed. He basically is hopes that Moenghus will explain them, and is disappointed when he's clueless. No one knows anything about them lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 06:35:06 pm »
@Wilshire, on Viramsata, yes it's a game played, I understand that. But, what I at least gathered from the Moe convo, is this is exactly what Kellhus did. Everything about Kellhus in PoN is Viramsata, ergo made up. I thought that what was the explanation of the game was for, to show how Moe planned to give Kellhus the Holy War....through Viramsata.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:21:28 am »

maybe...