• 57 Replies

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »
Battle of the Teutoburg Forest analogue would be incredibly cool.

*googles reference*
"one of the most decisive battles recorded in military history,[5][6][7][8][9] and as "a turning-point in world history" "
Very cool. Yeah, lets do that.

Well if it can be anything, then i want the projenitors to send another ship to earth filled with inchoroi. I was not satisfied with how aurang's arc ended, and araux is a coward.

That's kind of the point though, isn't it? That the Big Bad Wolf turns out to be a puppy, and Grandma turns out to be a sociopathic cannibal lol. (ie the real evil is humanity rather than some monster).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Cuttlefish

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2018, 07:02:36 pm »
A strong, central Dunyain character to lead the series would be boss. Dunyain made this series of books for me, and if Achamian, his child or Mimara is to lead the last set of books, I'll be gravely disappointed. Crabicus to the rescue! Also, on that point, more on the origins of the Dunyain; why they've adopted their methodology and etc. I feel like there is still some mystery there.

Other than that, a relatively happy ending. Much atrocity is bound to follow, and maybe the world will be massively messed up, but I do hope that at the end of it all, it shall be saved.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 08:00:32 pm »
A strong, central Dunyain character to lead the series would be boss. Dunyain made this series of books for me, and if Achamian, his child or Mimara is to lead the last set of books, I'll be gravely disappointed. Crabicus to the rescue! Also, on that point, more on the origins of the Dunyain; why they've adopted their methodology and etc. I feel like there is still some mystery there.

Other than that, a relatively happy ending. Much atrocity is bound to follow, and maybe the world will be massively messed up, but I do hope that at the end of it all, it shall be saved.
This, but the exact opposite.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

natanaj

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 11:18:46 pm »

This, but the exact opposite.
It would be cool to see achamians son and kellhus's grandson as the protagonists.

I dont want any more dunyain origin though, except maybe a chapter or two about the mutilated origins

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 11:31:42 pm by natanaj »

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2018, 04:04:58 am »
Much atrocity is bound to follow, and maybe the world will be massively messed up, but I do hope that at the end of it all, it shall be saved.
Definitions of "saved" vary significantly in this series. The Consult is trying to save the world, too, it's just they go about it lots differently than other characters.

Frail

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2018, 04:44:51 am »
Lets get some more God's and Godesses, it feels like we only have been acquainted with Ajokli, Yatwer, and Gilgaol. I want Teshkkaman the Goddess of Dunyain rebirth and clonetime, for Kellhus of course, or something similar.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2018, 06:59:09 pm »
Much atrocity is bound to follow, and maybe the world will be massively messed up, but I do hope that at the end of it all, it shall be saved.
Definitions of "saved" vary significantly in this series. The Consult is trying to save the world, too, it's just they go about it lots differently than other characters.
I think someone or some group will almost certainly be saved. No guess as to who it will be and how terrible that will be for all the losers lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 03:03:32 am »
Lets get some more God's and Godesses, it feels like we only have been acquainted with Ajokli, Yatwer, and Gilgaol. I want Teshkkaman the Goddess of Dunyain rebirth and clonetime, for Kellhus of course, or something similar.

I agree with your overall sentiment and would definitely like to see other Gods (as well as all the things surrounding that general topic, such as the "sorcery-but-not-sorcery" that people like Psatma can apparently use if a god likes you enough).

However I actually would like some more about Gilgaol fleshed out. I feel like, aside from his appearance in Akka's dream of the Celmomian Prophecy (which for the record I do think was indeed Gigaol and not some kinda of Ajokli alternate whatever), we don't actually get the up-close-and-personal stuff we do with Ajokli and certainly not Yatwer, who's by far the most developed of the Gods in the series and is basically our only insight into what interactions with other Gods MIGHT be like (Ajokli we do get a lot of especially in retrospect, but since he's literally an oddball compared to the others, we're still left only with the Yatwerian stuff).
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:52:16 pm by Francis Buck »

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 12:32:50 pm »
Since Bakker took a stab at Non-man conscious experience, maybe he will with the gods, give us divine POV.
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
  • Approximation of a Human
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 10:52:45 pm »
This is actually something I really don't want to happen in TNG rather than the opposite, but I figured this was still the right thread.

I really hope that we don't get any of these two scenarios (and yes, I know these might sound kind of random, but they're things that I've thought about a few times):
-"Akka Jr." rapidly aging to a small child (or to an even older age) due to some supernatural reason. This is a trope that really gets on my nerves and it seems to happen in fiction over and over again every time some character has a baby. Characters in TSA have aged normally so far, please let it stay that way.
-Mimara dying, paving the way for Akka and Esmenet to finally get together in their grief. I actually thought this was where Bakker was heading in TUC when Esmenet was so worried about how long Mimara's labour was lasting. Very glad this was not the case. I know it's probable that Mimara might die in TNG, but I'll make my peace with it (even if it will make me quite sad if it does happen) if we don't get this sort of scenario.
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."
-Anasûrimbor Kayûtas (The Great Ordeal, chapter 13)

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."
-Ykoriana of the Masks (The Third God, chapter 27)

Francis Buck

• Kcub Sicnarf
  • Kijneta
  • The Lordlady
  • Philosoraptor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2018, 06:54:05 pm »
This is actually something I really don't want to happen in TNG rather than the opposite, but I figured this was still the right thread.

I really hope that we don't get any of these two scenarios (and yes, I know these might sound kind of random, but they're things that I've thought about a few times):
-"Akka Jr." rapidly aging to a small child (or to an even older age) due to some supernatural reason. This is a trope that really gets on my nerves and it seems to happen in fiction over and over again every time some character has a baby. Characters in TSA have aged normally so far, please let it stay that way.
-Mimara dying, paving the way for Akka and Esmenet to finally get together in their grief. I actually thought this was where Bakker was heading in TUC when Esmenet was so worried about how long Mimara's labour was lasting. Very glad this was not the case. I know it's probable that Mimara might die in TNG, but I'll make my peace with it (even if it will make me quite sad if it does happen) if we don't get this sort of scenario.

I will be very displeased if we don't some get seriously awesome stuff from Mimara before (and if) she dies. I want more Chorae-powered Hell banishing!

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2018, 10:55:37 pm »
I will be very displeased if we don't some get seriously awesome stuff from Mimara before (and if) she dies. I want more Chorae-powered Hell banishing!

Oh, that too, for sure. Even Kellhus, the fake prophet, had his three miracles. We're still missing two from Mimara (at the very least). ;)
"But you’ve simply made the discovery that Thelli made—only without the benefit of her unerring sense of fashion."

"You prefer to believe women victims to their passions, but we can be at least as calculating as you. Love does not make us weak, but strong."

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2018, 02:04:59 pm »
Oh, that too, for sure. Even Kellhus, the fake prophet, had his three miracles. We're still missing two from Mimara (at the very least). ;)

Well, it would stand to reason.  Mimara is the true Prophet/Messiah/Savior, as she is the Judge (and so the Christ).  I still think, even thought it did not happen in TUC, that Mimara will answer the No God's question, somehow...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2018, 03:19:58 pm »
I still think, even thought it did not happen in TUC, that Mimara will answer the No God's question, somehow...
Interesting. I feel that the No-God's question is the main defining trait of its nature and being, thus not needing any kind of answer. The fact that the No-God asks this question in a way it does makes the No-God what it is, also pointing to some possible explanations of its known effects.

The notion that this question might somehow be answered in the series seems very strange to me.

ThoughtsOfThelli

• Great Name
  • Thelli's Revenge
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2018, 03:42:41 pm »
I still think, even thought it did not happen in TUC, that Mimara will answer the No God's question, somehow...
Interesting. I feel that the No-God's question is the main defining trait of its nature and being, thus not needing any kind of answer. The fact that the No-God asks this question in a way it does makes the No-God what it is, also pointing to some possible explanations of its known effects.

The notion that this question might somehow be answered in the series seems very strange to me.

It might also be that Mimara may confront the No-God and not exactly answer his question(s) but address it somehow (don't ask me in what way, though, I'm just starting to speculate here). Maybe related to something she sees/saw with the Judging Eye?